OpelCorsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

shoulder pain from sleeping style

Sometimes when I sleep on the side of my body (on shoulder), this known severe pain reveals itself in the arm-shoulder joint and bothers me ALOT. It reaches to a point wen I feel I am disabled from either left or right arm.

Painkillers help but temporarily. Warm-ups and exercises don't seem to help much. At my gym I was about to do my regular incline db press, but after I pressed once I just had to drop the weights because of this pain...

When there's no movement in my arm for a while the pain almost begins to kill me. But like I said, even warm-up doesn't do much; it reduces the pain and sorta allows me to at least move and rotate my arm easier but doesn't kill the pain...

Massage doesn't work either.

Any other ideas?
    Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by OpelCorsa; 07-19-2004 at 08:51 AM.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    could be r/c injury? *Shrug*

stop lifting and get a scan for the shoulder, that isn't good an dtrying to lift on it will only increase damage if it's already damaged.

willposeforcash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's probably lack of flexibility or tendonitis.

progressive19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) progressive19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) progressive19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) progressive19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like you damaged it previously. I'd either stop working it and see if it heals on its own or go see a doctor. You certainly don't want a permanantly weakened shoulder.

Can you remember an initial incident of intense pain while lifting? If it's not a true tear, the only other thing I can think of is that you subluxated your shoulder while bench or incline pressing.

Can you describe the location of the pain? Is it deep inside the shoulder or nearer to the surface? It might just be an impinged nerve.

prog19
    Last edited by progressive19; 07-19-2004 at 04:26 PM.

OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I had almost the exact symptoms. I'd wake up in the middle of the night "on my shoulder" with it in pain. It affected my workouts in regard to shoulder movements. It didn't affect benching until after.
    I went to the ortho and was diagnosed with Bursitis.
    Rest, Ice, anti-inflammatories, and a month layoff of heavy lifting. Now I just have spuratic flare-ups.

Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by OnMyWay
    I had almost the exact symptoms. I'd wake up in the middle of the night "on my shoulder" with it in pain. It affected my workouts in regard to shoulder movements. It didn't affect benching until after.
    I went to the ortho and was diagnosed with Bursitis.
    Rest, Ice, anti-inflammatories, and a month layoff of heavy lifting. Now I just have spuratic flare-ups.
    I had the same thing happen, aggravated an old shoulder injury. It was also diagnosed as bursitis. I would add stretching during your layoff. It helped me the most. I stretched in every direction and found the one that hurt the most, and concentrated on this one (for me it was reaching over my opposite shoulder). After a month I was able to lift gain, although it was a slow comeback. But I'll never doubt stretching again, since I couldn't even do a pushup before I started stretching.

harder stronger faster losercore's Avatar
    losercore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to get the same thing, i stopped sleeping on my side because of it.
    "No not at all, so that was what 250-260 grams protein, if you weigh 125 lbs its perfect, you want to move up in muscle mass, you need to increase it big time."
    - in-human

view my journal here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321498

Height : 5'10 1/2"