powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what to do about high blood pressure!

my blood pressure is 145/95...... Can cell volumizing creatine, or protein, or an NO2 give you high blood pressure?

Cuz that is what my mom thinks did it... She thinks that just because the supps i take are for lifting she thinks they are bad!

Also, can R-ala, biotin, and acetyl l-carnitine effect blood pressure.

THANX GUYS
    CURRENTLY:
    Weight=185lbs.
    Height=5'10''
    Bench=330
    Squat=400
    Deadlift=405
    Shrug=500

cutting up

iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iamthewalrus15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you young enough that your mother is still giving you this sort of advice, my guess is that you are just nervous when you go to the doctor. Try to take your BP when not at the doctor and see what it is.

powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerhouse1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea i did take it at my house.... my mom took it and that is what she said, why is 145/95 really that high?

Will i have to quit taking some supps or what?
    CURRENTLY:
    Weight=185lbs.
    Height=5'10''
    Bench=330
    Squat=400
    Deadlift=405
    Shrug=500

cutting up

rs1000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: what to do about high blood pressure!

Originally posted by powerhouse1987
    my blood pressure is 145/95...... Can cell volumizing creatine, or protein, or an NO2 give you high blood pressure?

Cuz that is what my mom thinks did it... She thinks that just because the supps i take are for lifting she thinks they are bad!

Also, can R-ala, biotin, and acetyl l-carnitine effect blood pressure.

THANX GUYS
    No. None of these supplements (or protein) is going to dramatically raise your blood pressure, and the last three you mention will, if anything, help to keep it lower. BTW, if you are taking something like arginine to raise NO levels, it's a good idea to take both R-ALA and OPC grape seed extract to scavenge the possible increase in peroxynitrite.

When you test your blood pressure you should not test it too soon after a workout or after eating, or when you are feeling stressed out. People who overeat during bulking sometimes report temporarily high blood pressure, and the building of muscle and extra vascularity itself sometimes leads to higher blood pressure in some people.

Aerobic exercise is important and can help to lower and stabilize blood pressure. You can get an exercise bike with moveable arms and wind resistance for under $100 (weslo). This is what I prefer, as it is completely non-impact, non-fatiguing, and easy, and yet it gets your heart rate up and delivers oxygenated blood throughout your body. You can ride one for extended periods without even feeling tired. I ride one every day for at least 45 minutes, although 12 hours away from lifting.

thanks rs1000,

If i ran 4x per week for 25 min. do you think that'll lower my blood pressure a little bit?

* And do either of you guys know if it is absolutely necessary to take ALCAR with the r-ala and biotin combo?

THANX
    CURRENTLY:
    Weight=185lbs.
    Height=5'10''
    Bench=330
    Squat=400
    Deadlift=405
    Shrug=500

cutting up

TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you have a pedispostion to high BP

try modulating diet, and caffeine intake

in some individulas thermos and esp caffeine exacerbates the condition

the next step is meds and docs

maybe this will help:

go through the thread lots of good info

Anabolic Fitness Anabolic Fitness Anabolic & Fitness Discussion help a nice guy

New

Find

My Space

Notify

Tools

Admin

» Hello OMEGAone [logout]

Topic
    Poll
    Private Topic
    Private Poll
    Keyword Search

Advanced Search
    What's New
    Notifications
    Private Topics
    Contacts
    Preferences
    Printer Friendly Format
    Email a Friend
    Help
    Version: OpenTopic 3.1.0
    Add Notification
    Close
    Manage
    Delete
    Control Panel
    OMEGAone
    Perfecting the Kaoken but also Ulter's wanna be clone
    posted 04-30-04 12:19 AM
    there is a harmeless guy in my gym busting his ass as a supp compnay rep, and having his balls broken by his doctor girlfreind

anyway he has congenital high blood pressure

and for the last 10 years these drugs have worked till now

toprol xl 50 mg
    enalapril 5 mg

his blood pressure is creeping back up

to

148-90

and an increas ein meds is not an option

QUESION:

what nattural supps could be used to help him out

I would really like to have an helpful answer for this guy he seemed distraught and is sooo freindly

I was hoping to help out.......

Tomo
    AF Senior Member
    posted 04-30-04 01:29 AM
    3 mg of taurine ed to start--tomo

OMEGAone
    posted 04-30-04 02:55 AM
    thanks

two other things came to mind

synephrine

and

Garlic

and one galss of red wine a night

seriuosly

therealj
    @!$%
    posted 04-30-04 06:18 AM
    One with limited knowledge, such as myself would assume that stress is the culprit. If he's not over this girl yet he needs to suck it up and just deal with it. I've thought my life was going to end numerous times from heartbreak, but you know what, it never does, and generally people become ex's for a reason. So if your friend is sitting around beating himself up over getting his "balls broken" it's time to move on. I was your friend in December and I'm fine now, I'm better than fine . Stress from relationships also can lead to poor eating habits so that's another area he might need to address. I can't give you any advice regarding drugs or supps to take. Help him cheer up and make sure he's eating healthy and exercising, women come and go make him realize he's ultimately responsible for his own happiness

-----------------------------
    -----------------------------
    therealj@anabolicfitness.net

JuicePimp

AF Senior Member
    posted 04-30-04 06:57 AM
    Is he taking any other "supplements"? Dbol can really send my BP through the roof after a while.

dntopiwala
    AF Member
    posted 04-30-04 08:12 AM
    I hope Tomo meant 3 GRAMS and not MG of taurine. 3 MG wont do that much for blood pressure, I dont think.

But seriously, If I feel like my BP is going up because of the ECY stack I'm taking, I just take 3-4 gm of taurine and the bp headaches go away pronto. It works.

D

Mr. Nobody
    Professional Garden Ornament
    posted 04-30-04 09:19 AM
    OT diuretics, 400-800mg magnesium, avoid E, C, Y and sodium.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Disclaimer:
    Mr. Nobody is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape or form encourage, use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice.

Monster

138 Moderator
    posted 04-30-04 09:38 AM
    500mg of Smakahoe

and

1000mg of Getpackinbitch

Im sure his BP will improve after that regimine...

-------------------------
    Monsterland Is (NOT)Open Again!!! (dont say you werent warned...)

"Trying is the first step towards failure."
    "Well, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is... never try."

Pharm Animal

Shameless Sex Slave of the Pharm Queen
    posted 04-30-04 10:42 AM
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Monster:
    500mg of Smakahoe

and

1000mg of Getpackinbitch

Im sure his BP will improve after that regimine...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster, if I cut my legs off, is there still room for me on "TEAM MONSTER"?

OMEGAone
    posted 05-01-04 12:13 PM
    gentleman thanks

all kidding aside

I am discovering women can be somewhat of a strain on a guy

all other sup advise I am thankfull for

any other ideas would be great

South of the border
    Made in Mexico
    posted 05-01-04 08:48 PM
    10 years straight on BP meds? How old is your friend? 60 years old?

In my opinion, the most important factor in reaching a level of good "overall health" (blood pressure, cholesterol, obesity, ect) is creating good habits and eliminating the bad ones.

Drugs are the "easiest" and "fastest" way to "eliminate" problems but not the best option for the long term.

Get him with a nutritionist and/or with a trainer. Regular physical activity with a good and healthy diet is what will help your friend, not more drugs.

Mickey
    Bone Beast
    posted 05-01-04 09:06 PM
    SOB, I have a friend that was on BP meds at the ripe old age of 23. He has a family history of it and I guess doc thought it was best to put him right onto meds instead of trying other alternatives while he was still young.

"Come on, get serious!" Arnold in Pumping Iron

OMEGAone
    posted 05-01-04 10:14 PM
    gentleman

he has been taking the meds since 20 he is 30 now

and the point of me asking is that the meds are loosing their effect

and to increase dose is not an option

for when he goes higher he gets panic attacks

he said the his adrenal kick in for some reason do to the meds

and he has ****** on hand to balance it out

but again when he goes to high the drugs have an effect

poor guy he is so nice that I wanna help put of I can

thansk fro some suggestion so here is what I got:

3 grams of tuarine
    1 glass red wine
    diet rich in garlic
    400-800mg magnesium
    lower sodium
    cut caffiene and have tea instead
    synephrine guessing at 12-18 mgs a day

Mr. Nobody
    Professional Garden Ornament
    posted 05-01-04 11:01 PM
    where did the synephrine come from?...all I know is that it raises BP since its used similar to ephedra for weight loss.

Increase of potassium is advisable (works well as a natural diuretc specially when combined with a low sodium diet) as well as pycnogenol

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Disclaimer:
    Mr. Nobody is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape or form encourage, use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice.

Tall Dude
    Team Testosterone
    posted 05-02-04 12:26 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by OMEGAone:
    gentleman

poor guy he is so nice that I wanna help put of I can

thansk fro some suggestion so here is what I got:

3 grams of tuarine
    1 glass red wine
    diet rich in garlic
    400-800mg magnesium
    lower sodium
    cut caffiene and have tea instead
    synephrine guessing at 12-18 mgs a day
    There is no bright future for soldiers scurrying for their reward

TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheOMEGA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some people just are genetically predisposed to high blood pressure. Unfortunately, your friend is a bit misinformed about the drugs he is taking. Toprol XL is a beta blocker and raising the dose probably would work without causing "panic attacks". If he increase the dose of Toprol, it would if fact probably reduce the panic attacks because it would slow him down. However, I personally don't think beta blockers are all that great because they can make you lethargic and they aren't all that effective. I would substitue a different agent with less side effects if possible (I'll suggest a few below).

Enalapril doesn't have much of a dose response, but it has a short half-life and should really be taken twice a day. But a better choice would be to switch to a similar drug - lisinopril, which has a longer half life and is a true once a day drug. They are both ACE inhibitors and are great drugs with minimal side effects. ACE inhibitors were discovered by studying snake venom and coming up with an opposite mechnism of action that provides dialation of the blood vessels. They are very effective and good for both the kidneys and the heart.

Cutting the caffeine and anything related to ephedra is a good idea. Increasing cardio and cutting sodium intake would also help.

Adding meds is actually a very viable option. If anything he should consider adding another mild pharmaceutical - maybe start with a mild diuretic like hydrochlorothiazde and then try 5mg of amlodipine (a calcium channel blocker that works synergistically with ACE inhibitors).

Just my humble opinion.
    Posts: 248 | From: White Sand Beach | Registered: 02-28-01

OMEGAone
    posted 05-02-04 01:21 PM
    Mr. Nobody

the synephrine has vasodialating properties

so i was thinking that it would help....

I knwo that eca put my blood pressure up

but then when I introduced synephrine it had gone down

but I could be wrong it was just a hunch

ps thankyou for the help

tall dude the cardio recomendation is most exceelent

even just 20 minutes every morning could imagine would have a greeat effect

he is a n ecto morh and is one of those who does not do much cardio

so this would be a most benificial aid

thanks

South of the border
    Made in Mexico
    posted 05-02-04 09:13 PM
    quote:
    gentleman

By "upping the drug dose" to "make things better" your friend will need six months in a rehab center within the next few years.

I think putting a 20 year old on BP pressure medecine is reckless.

OMEGAone
    posted 05-02-04 10:07 PM
    hey man maybe that the case

I only want to help him out

EngiCream

Call me a spoon, 'cause I feel like pudding!
    posted 05-02-04 11:19 PM
    This question came up on Animal's board recently....here's what a pretty smart guy had to say:

quote:

maximus

NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoSwtTea4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, Co-Q10 and Fish Oil are supposed to be good for HBP.
    Hi.

last part:

Posted: Dec 31, 1969 8:00pm Post subject:

it seems to me that guys like us, guys that carry alot of weight and eat alot of food are especially prone to high blood pressure.

i did some experiments with some of my people giving them various nutritional supplements.

the BP stack i used was

potassium
    magnesium citrate
    COQ10
    Hawthorn Berries.

The combinition stack worked very well. I began withdrawing things as time went on and i found that the big player was the potassium and magnesium.

Hawthorn berries and CoQ10 also work well but the profound effect is really the potassium. i get a headache from hawthorn berries so they are out for me.

Supplemental K (potasium) is limited to 99mg per tablet. 300mg 3 times daily had a nice effect on BP. Lowering most folks by 10mmhg on systolic and diastolic pressures in the first week. Magnesium also helped.

the potassium is so cheap as is the magnesium so use it up. Iwould not use very heavy doses of Potassium since it can cause cardiac arythmias although i have seen studies using 3grams per day and more.

for pharmaceutical companies and doctors to markey beta blockers, diuretices, ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers as frontline treatment for hypertension is plain crazy and sleazy as natural alternatives work very well and are very cheap.

That was an older post....here's something he posted within' the last week:

quote:

maximus

Posted: Apr 27, 2004 4:08pm Post subject: some nutritional ammo

CoQ10
    Potassium
    Arginine
    Magnesium
    Hawthorne Berry
    Fish oil

Start there.

Something else he posted in the same thread:

quote:

maximus

Posted: Apr 28, 2004 7:35am Post subject:

i usually work out from the basics like potassium and magnesium out to the more sublime like herbs and other stuff.

there is no such thing as a rhodiola deficiency but many people are walking around with low potassium and magnesium levels and even low COQ10 levels.

thats why i start with those since there are genuine deficiencies that create hypertension

what most people dont understand is that your body elevates blood pressure for specific reasons. elevated blood pressure increases blood flow to remote areas of the body and brain.
    increased pressure is message sent to the arteries and kidneys by the brain in response to low tissue saturation.

artificially lowering blood pressure has consequences wether it is done by herbs or drugs. of course herbs have less side affects but deficiencies are never addressed which is at the core of the problem.

merely suppressing the symptom-- low blood pressure, does not effect the problem which is the tissue saturation.

potassium and magnesium become critical as does the COQ10 because imbalances here offset the normal blood dynamics, i also failed to mention essential fatty acids becuase they regulate viscosity.

EngiCream

Call me a spoon, 'cause I feel like pudding!
    posted 05-02-04 11:24 PM
    Might want to look into hydrolyzed whey:

http://www.daviscofoods.com/HWP/clinical.cfm

Makaveli
    Juice Lee Ninja
    posted 05-03-04 07:11 PM
    How about Liporexin?

ALCAR and GT Extract with no caffeine.

http://www.daisan.co.jp/health4.htm

Makaveli - "Mind of a criminal but the brains to teach a whole nation"

OMEGAone
    posted 05-03-04 11:31 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Makaveli:
    How about Liporexin?

the thought had crossed my mind

that is actually a great idea

Engi-cream thansk very much I those are some good angles to consider

everyone else thankyou very much this is most helpfull

it will make him happy

when I see him at the gym we'll go to by business to print it out

I let you guys know if we helped him with his issues

take care

Makaveli
    Juice Lee Ninja
    posted 05-05-04 12:29 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by OMEGAone:

quote:
    Originally posted by Makaveli:
    How about Liporexin?

the thought had crossed my mind

that is actually a great idea

Engi-cream thansk very much I those are some good angles to consider

everyone else thankyou very much this is most helpfull

it will make him happy

when I see him at the gym we'll go to by business to print it out

I let you guys know if we helped him with his issues

take care

For what it's worth I'm in the same situation is him kinda because my blood pressure wouldnt come back to normal after DNP allergic reaction and the resulting epinepherine and they put me on beta blockers at a dose that was outrageously high. The combo of taurine + Liporexin has gotten me to the point where my dose is 3x lower and they may take me off them all together in the near future.

OMEGAone
    posted 05-14-04 02:22 AM
    thanks guys I gave him the info today

thankyou very much to ALL OF you

bump

you got sift through the posts