creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) creatinegenius has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How long does it take to lose body fat?

I do about 30 mins of cardio each day and burn about 500 calories at each session. I usually do my cardio in the morning when I don't have any food in me at all so my body is forced to use fat as its fuel. How long will it take to drop about 15 lbs with this routine? My diet is about 2,000 calories. I am 175 lbs.
    Last edited by creatinegenius; 06-04-2007 at 03:24 PM.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your BMR is about 2000 calories, so you are barely eating enough to maintain health. Still, that would mean you are using up to 500 calories of fat/muscle as energy for the difference. As long as you stay with it, you could lose 1 pound for roughly every 3500 calories you burn, so that's a pound per week. (500 kcal x 7 days).

Now, hear this: If you are not lifting weights and eating adequate protein, you are losing as much of that weight from muscle as fat. That means, when you stop the cardio and dieting, you will have less lean mass and will gain back more fat than you had before.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what level of lifting should be used to maintain the muscle
    I'm always curiuos about that

and why is someone that is 175 lbs tryig to drop fat
    are you sure you need to at that weight?

boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    kane fan u haver 16,000 replies but you're asking basic questions like that? Why??

Almost any level of lifting will do the trick but diet is key.

The person in question who is 175lbs could be fat, thats why.

lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    Your BMR is about 2000 calories, so you are barely eating enough to maintain health. Still, that would mean you are using up to 500 calories of fat/muscle as energy for the difference. As long as you stay with it, you could lose 1 pound for roughly every 3500 calories you burn, so that's a pound per week. (500 kcal x 7 days).

Now, hear this: If you are not lifting weights and eating adequate protein, you are losing as much of that weight from muscle as fat. That means, when you stop the cardio and dieting, you will have less lean mass and will gain back more fat than you had before.
    Hey man,

Question: From the BMR formula it looks like its independant of body fat %. Is that the case?

I mean how can somebody weighing 200lbs with 40% fat get the same BMR with somebody weighting 200lbs with 8%? Wouldnt the guy with more muscle have a higher BMR?

Thanks
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lebfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kane Fan View Post

I think thibdeau says 2 levels.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lebfreak View Post
    Question: From the BMR formula it looks like its independant of body fat %. Is that the case?

I mean how can somebody weighing 200lbs with 40% fat get the same BMR with somebody weighting 200lbs with 8%? Wouldnt the guy with more muscle have a higher BMR?
    Go here for more info: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calrmr.htm

BMR/RMR is a baseline for maintaining health assuming zero activity. It's the other calories over BMR where most people over-eat or under-exercise.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by boxtrot View Post
    kane fan u haver 16,000 replies but you're asking basic questions like that? Why??

Almost any level of lifting will do the trick but diet is key.

The person in question who is 175lbs could be fat, thats why.
    fat at 175 is unlikely unless you are rather short or have never had any real physical activity
    as for asking, um when smart people want to know something they try to find out, a good way to do that is to ask a question in an area the topic is being discussed you see. as to why I didn't know it before which is obviously your little shot you are taking at me, well I never bothered trying to lose weight before

THE TURKEYS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best advice you could've given him. Keep the muscle you have> lift weights. If you're too tired from the lower calorie intake then lower the weight, but try to keep lifting heavy. Lifting heavy weights will keep up the need to maintain muscle.

KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10) KC CAnnon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

x3 Best advice tha kid could ever get... Reps.
    "No Pain, No Gain" : "Know PAIN, Know GAIN"

Phi Alpha

Current Routine: 10/22/07 thru 11/30/07
    The 20 Rep Squat
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/irontamer5.htm

zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10) zpnq is on a distinguished road. (+10)

There is alot more to it than just lifting, you need to "control" your bodys hormones.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...urningdiet.htm

have a read there

It explains the roles of insulin Glucagon and cortisol; tells you what you need to do to control their release; its all about diet.

It also has a diet that maintains your metabolism and minimizes the burning up of muscle while on a calorie defecate.

YOU NEED TO READ ALL OF IT.

After you have your diet right you just need to lift as normal.

thanks I'll read over that
    I have been dropping some weight lately and I'm hoping it's all fat
    or at least like 70% fat
    but I'd rather it was like 95 or 100% fat I am ditching
    I don't seem to be any weaker but I'll find out next time I lift

Go here for more info: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calrmr.htm

BMR/RMR is a baseline for maintaining health assuming zero activity. It's the other calories over BMR where most people over-eat or under-exercise.
    Great article mate. Gotta love these forums. learn something new everyday.

BMR/RMR depends on lean body mass not total, thats how muscle versus fat is taken into account. - I'm at a good ~ 2600 cals.

2600 cals should make up around 70% of my daily energy expenditure => my total daily expenditure is 3700 cals

Isn't this too much?

bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bsr35802 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by creatinegenius View Post
    I do about 30 mins of cardio each day and burn about 500 calories at each session. I usually do my cardio in the morning when I don't have any food in me at all so my body is forced to use fat as its fuel. How long will it take to drop about 15 lbs with this routine? My diet is about 2,000 calories. I am 175 lbs.
    Have a read; it's short and concise and to the point.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119860

I want to high light 2 things though:
    HIIT and eating before running in the morning. Further explained in the thread.
    boyscouT's Guide v2: Basic Nutrition
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3720211

SQUAT RX VIDEOS: Your guide to squatting.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6203501

Deltology 101: for those struggling shoulders
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=474554

Originally Posted by lebfreak View Post
    Great article mate. Gotta love these forums. learn something new everyday.

BMR/RMR depends on lean body mass not total, thats how muscle versus fat is taken into account. - I'm at a good ~ 2600 cals.

2600 cals should make up around 70% of my daily energy expenditure => my total daily expenditure is 3700 cals

Isn't this too much?
    My BMR (2000) plus ADLs (500)= approx 2500 kcal/day
    My BMR (2000) plus ADLs (500) plus workout (1000) = 3500 Kcal per day

Bigger guys who lift weights can easily need 3000-4000 kcal per day or more.

boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    fat at 175 is unlikely unless you are rather short or have never had any real physical activity
    How do u know how tall this person is? How do u know how much physical activity this person has done? You dont, therefore your point is invalid.

as for asking, um when smart people want to know something they try to find out, a good way to do that is to ask a question in an area the topic is being discussed you see. as to why I didn't know it before which is obviously your little shot you are taking at me, well I never bothered trying to lose weight before
    Good for u.

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    his BMR is clearly higher than that, unless he sits in bed all day and doesn't move a single muscle
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

How do u know how tall this person is? How do u know how much physical activity this person has done? You dont, therefore your point is invalid.

Good for u.

I see why you are so deep in the Red
    your not very bright
    my statement makes clear that I do not know how tall he is but you seem to indicate that I think I do?
    same with the physical activity....
    if you get any smarter maybe you'll get some Green next to your avatar..

Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    his BMR is clearly higher than that, unless he sits in bed all day and doesn't move a single muscle
    VERY GOOD!

BMR is based on calories needed to maintain basic life functions when you are completely at rest...i.e. sitting in bed all day and not moving a muscle.

That's why you have to add calories for exercise and ADLs (activities of daily living).

I see why you are so deep in the Red
    your not very bright
    my statement makes clear that I do not know how tall he is but you seem to indicate that I think I do?
    same with the physical activity....
    if you get any smarter maybe you'll get some Green next to your avatar..

You are a moron.

I'd ask for proof but I already know you have as much proof as you do good ideas
    which is to say, zero
    keep quiet now, if you read more then you post it is possible you MAY learn a little something and be able to post some useful information

I'd ask for proof but I already know you have as much proof as you do good ideas
    which is to say, zero
    keep quiet now, if you read more then you post it is possible you MAY learn a little something and be able to post some useful information

You.........are...........a.................moron.

woah...when I mention that you have no proof, you repeat yourself
    you sir are a master of....idiotic statements?

woah...when I mention that you have no proof, you repeat yourself
    you sir are a master of....idiotic statements?
    Incorrect.

powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if im at 11% now how long would it take for me to get to 8% if i do cardio every day. my problem is whenever i do cardio i get super hungry like the munchies x10! and like i eat super healthy and i break it up like into 5 or 6 meals but like when i run, i lose size on my muscles not on my stomach and i don't hve much muscle to me losing

LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by powhippie View Post
    if im at 11% now how long would it take for me to get to 8% if i do cardio every day. my problem is whenever i do cardio i get super hungry like the munchies x10! and like i eat super healthy and i break it up like into 5 or 6 meals but like when i run, i lose size on my muscles not on my stomach and i don't hve much muscle to me losing
    You have to strike a balance between CV intensity and duration, the amount of weight lost per week, how much you eat and the resultant quality of your weights workouts (strength levels, volume etc).

For proper cutting, weights comes first really. You need to try and maintain strength on a cut to preserve that muscle. Tweek your diet and CV to fit round the workouts and still get a calorie deficit.

But you will get weaker and lose some muscle on a cut. It's inevitable. Don't worry as long as it isn't drastic. BTW, you may not need to do cardio every single day. Maybe 5 times per week max would be fine. Tweak the diet and hammer the weights more.
    Last edited by LevroneFan2002; 06-23-2009 at 04:03 PM.
    My routine:

Mon - Biceps
    Tues - Triceps
    Wed - Biceps
    Thurs - Triceps
    Fri - Biceps
    Sat - Triceps
    Sun - Rest

You can't see back and legs, don't waste your time with that nonsense!

powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok cause i was thinking i need to do more cardio...im only running like 10 min a day...i hit the weights for like 2 hours 5 days a week. like my bench has increased from 185x5 to 205x5 in about a month but everything else hasnt stayed the same but im losing mass. And no matter how much i eat when im running im hungry in like 30 min again..should i be eating more filling foods or what? i eat lots of fish, chicken, and greens