Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

sweet potato... bored

I'm new to the whole sweet potato eating thing. About 3 weeks into eating them. I'm already bored of 'em.

Been just microwaving them and just eating it like that.

Anyone got any idea's to make them taste better? Seriously there so good for you I need them to help me.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have done several things with them.

1. Add cinnamon and splenda on top, with a few sprays of the spray on butter.

2. Add salsa on top

3. Cut them up and stir them into a meal with other veggies and chicken. Add low cal BBQ sauce to the mix. Quite tasty.

4. Bake them in an actual oven in batches. Put them in the fridge and micro later. They taste very different when baked in a real oven vs micro.

Those are all things I have tried so far and I enjoyed them all. Good luck, let me know if you come up with some wild idea too.
    SW: 305 lbs (June 15th, 2003)
    CW: 186.5 lbs (Aug 9th, 2004)
    Initial GW: 205 lbs met Mar 29, 2004
    2nd GW: 190 lbs met May 31, 2004
    New GW: 185 lbs met June 28th, 2004

There is no magic pill, just lots of hard work and dedication.

IndyRugby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what I do is I spray it with butter flavored pam, and rub the skin with cinnamon and splenda. I either then microwave it or wrap it in foil and cook it in the oven. When its done I split it open slab on some fat free butter and sprinkle more cinnamon to taste. I then sometimes douse it with a little atkins maple syrup.

PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cut them into strips and grill them

roast them in the oven

bake them in the oven

boil them and mash em (this is the worst of the 4 options as they loose nutritional value when boiled)
    "There are no OFF days, just days you don't go to the gym."

Carb-Up does NOT mean Binge and Cheat!

Long Term Goal:
    225 lbs
    <10% BF

Atheism, Cures terrorism Sicshift's Avatar
    Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000) Sicshift is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like em mashed. Dice em into small 1inch cubes. Steam them for 10 minutes. Mash em up. Then add fake butter or whatever you want, some salt or fake salt and I love it that way.

It's very simple too and you can make a lot at one time for the next few days.

larry7807 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you eat a sweet potatoe raw?

Ain't nuttin but a peanut bigredlemon's Avatar
    bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigredlemon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bake it in the oven for 2 hours until it liquidfies. drink it. mmmm...... sugar

nsouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Twice baked
    Bake them once, then scoop out the innards and add applesauce and fat free cheddar. Now bake them until they're crunchy on top.

Yummy

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm gonna try some of these... thanks guys.

I was always under the impression that yams are the same as sweet potato but just found out recently they are totally different. I saw yams at the grocery store but it was in a can with frekin sugary syrup. Um no thanks...

So taste wise what is better? yams or sweet potato?
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

IndyRugby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yams and sweet potatoes dont taste too different, sweet potatoes may be a little sweeter(hence the name), yams are a bit more firm and dont get mushy as easy. Ive been getting yams, but sweet potatoes arent bad.

amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50) amurr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i find th orange highly disgusting. they kind of taste like pumpkin to me and i hate pumpkin.

i find the yellow ones higly delicious. they kind of taste like good, and i love good

Jimi69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimi69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jimi69 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Quote:

"I don't eat for taste, I eat as a function of achieveing my goals"~ Johnny Jackson

I saw that to everyone. lol.

people are like "ewww you eat cottage cheese? flax seed oil? you eat raw oatmeal?!!?? you mix it with eggs?"

I simply say "I don't eat for the taste I eat for fuel."

only to get comments like "so if dog **** was high in protein would you eat that too??"

but this... I don't know sweet potato's I just can't down 'em...

aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bake the sweet potato, cut in half and pour on some cajun seasoning, oh so good

is there such a thing as sugarless marshmellow's?

mmmmmmm

blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blueprint27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've never really had sweet potato as a staple in my clean bulking diet, can someone tell me about their nutritional value/advantages of eating it.. thanks
    I'm currently bulking on skim milk, tuna, wheat bread, natty peanut butter, egg whites, brown rice, chicken breasts, sirloin steak(occasionally), salmon, sardines, apples, bananas, fat free cottage cheese, flax oil, oatmeal, and good ol' ON Whey... maybe you can sway my mind to take in sweet potatoes..

Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cut them up like french fries and bake them. taste great
    -----------------------Currently Researching--------------------------

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    is there such a thing as sugarless marshmellow's?

mmmmmmm
    try this out

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes...ertmisc04.html
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

hjbhw22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Juice them....its so easy and fast. I feel like it takes forever to eat the food on my plate without that giant sweet potato. And if you dont really like the tase, juice it with a small apple and its pretty good and great for pre-workout.

VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like to cut them up thin, throw 'em in a skillet with some olive oil. Let them brown up and then throw a few eggs in. Add some feta cheese and hot sauce.. yumm. Home fries on crack

Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LiL USMC BBer View Post
    I simply say "I don't eat for the taste I eat for fuel.".
    that's pretty lame.
    @thighsofsteel_chs

Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Device Sales

Charleston, SC

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Boil the sweet potato, then mash it with almond butter, cinnamon and splenda. OMG tastes like pumpkin pie, I love it!
    Just a weight lifter

get big or get fat trying NaLLa8705's Avatar
    NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    cut them up like french fries and bake them. taste great
    I do this with some Cajun seasoning dipped in franks/texas pete and ketchup. Delicious!!

JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffR88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try baking one for an hr, add some: cinnamon, 1 tbsp of pb, and garnish it with a drizzle of maple syrup.

It's f***ing delicious
    virtue.

NASM - CPT

|progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sweet Potato Fries. Add Ketchup. Good ****.
    "Just Get It Off"
    Fightin' Texas Aggie
    MFC
    RIP YGST

wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000) wildthings is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cut the sweet potatoes into thin slices, coat them with egg whites then bake them. They taste really great. I like to use japanese sweet potato, they are red on the outside and creamy white on the inside.

The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.

Registered User AllFapInsurance's Avatar
    AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by VincentiT View Post
    I like to cut them up thin, throw 'em in a skillet with some olive oil. Let them brown up and then throw a few eggs in. Add some feta cheese and hot sauce.. yumm. Home fries on crack
    ^^^^^^^

I was gonna say this (although I haven't tried with cheese)

jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jpatter123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I usually just bake them, mash and add splenda.

Some times I slice them and steam them with broccoli and cauliflower, but to me it tastes a lot like carrots when steamed.

I've also baked, then mashed, add a few egg whites, splenda, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder and bake (tastes a lot like pumpkin pie). Same approach can be made to make it into pancake batter. Check around the net for more precise recipes.
    Changing my life one day at a time.

Great idea's.. from a question I had 7 years ago...

stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Better late than never.