Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help chose how to get started!

Hey all, first post on the forums, I felt a bit lost in all the suggestions and thought to ask for help here. Here is my case. 21 year old male, 6.1" tall, 190 lbs atm, aiming at ~170 lbs with well developed muscles (and significantly less body fat) so I am able to do stuff like human flag and full planche.

So here are my questions, mainly what diet should I follow, and what workout plan would be most effective. Currently I train martial arts one day a week (during summer), and workout at gym every second day, with cardio training in between, however I am curious if 6days/week workout with different muscle group every day would be more efficient then every second day, but working on every muscle group as I do now.

Second question is about diet. I am at the moment torn between the typical protein/carbs diet (which is mainly about cutting out the crap from my menu) and the lowcarbs diet, which a friend sold quite well to me. His arguments were that in a week, my body will adapt to gain energy from fat instead of carbs and will start burning down my body fat (which I think I got about 19% atm) at accelerated rate. However I am sceptic to that diet since it may lead to me having lot less energy at gym (he suggested 20g carbs/day). All in all I'm aiming at about 2.5k calories a day.

What would you suggest is best, in order to achieve my goal described abode? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Cronnix; 06-08-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronnix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, the traffic on these boars is sure huge.

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Wow, the traffic on these boars is sure huge.

Did you read the stickies?

Originally Posted by PhiSig2298 View Post
    Did you read the stickies?
    Yes, and while they did provide very good information, as I mentioned I felt a bit lost so I thought I'd ask for guidance between the two diets I mentioned above, which would be more effective for reaching my goals.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well....based on that I'm not sure what your goals are.

BUT. That super low carb diet is NOT necessary. Go to the link in my signature below and use that to calculate the cals/macros you need for whatever your goals are. Also, it sounds like you're doing a lot of cardio with minimal lifting. I'd reverse that...
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

Originally Posted by vandalgirl59 View Post
    well....based on that I'm not sure what your goals are.

BUT. That super low carb diet is NOT necessary. Go to the link in my signature below and use that to calculate the cals/macros you need for whatever your goals are. Also, it sounds like you're doing a lot of cardio with minimal lifting. I'd reverse that...
    Thanks for the link! Well, I do lifting 3-4 days/week, with cardio training in between at the moment.