Mr. Davis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr. Davis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

A little help!!!!

Hey there I'm pretty new to this site but I'm 5'8 and weight 160 I don't want to become a body builder i just want to look like one I'm willing to put in the time and effort so can someone just give me some lil advice My goal is to reach 200 lbs.

Nenad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nenad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nenad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat,
    Train,
    Sleep,
    Eat,
    Train,
    Sleep,
    Eat,
    Train,
    Sleep,
    Eat,
    Train,
    Sleep,
    I hope you get the picture.

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Davis View Post
    Hey there I'm pretty new to this site but I'm 5'8 and weight 160 I don't want to become a body builder i just want to look like one I'm willing to put in the time and effort so can someone just give me some lil advice My goal is to reach 200 lbs.
    Go to workout programs. Go to the Starting Strength thread in Workout Programs. Read it and nothing but it. Anything else you learn outside may be helpful, but it's probably a distraction. Treat the words in it as Bible and don't change a thing.

In six months time you'll be a lot bigger and stronger. Guaran-****ing-teed.

And once you have a base of size and strength, you can then and only then discover what works optimally for you through experimentation. Till then, if you have a question? Go to the Starting Strength thread.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The_Big_E is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would also suggest educate yourslef...

Saying Eat, Train, Sleep is good... but you have to know how to train and what to eat (if you need help learnign to sleep, well, sorry).

Musclemag International
    Flex
    Muscular Developement

Those seem to be some of the favorites. I personally like Musclemag the best. Also, there is a metric **** ton of info on these boards.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainnut.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmainsupp.htm
    Most important one of all IMO...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm Click the bodypart and boom, all the exercises you ever thought could exist come up on your screen complete with videos on proper form.

Biggest piece of advice is... TAKE THE ADVICE GIVEN! No need to reinvent the wheel and come up with Super Duper HIT + GVT Two a Days Workout. Sure tweek things to work for you but other than some movements that are not natural for your body (I.E. Behind the neck pressing motions for some folks or squats for others) what you find here is tried and proven.

You have walked into the realm of some of the most knowledgeable folks of the sport, between the Pros and the students here. Also, it's a family here, we have our misfits and blacksheep like everybody else.

Enjoy and welcome aboard!
    My church is a gym, services conducted by Lee Priest, Arnold is god, J.C. Stands for Jay Cutler and Ronnie is Moses! I use the preacher bench for confessionals and the squat rack to pay my pennance! Praise be unto Gold's!

MFT 2: 1stindoor, Johnnybomb, DonMegaR, NotMeAgain, TheSheepDog, girlygirl, sickdevildog1, MIH-XTC, awds, Sable Strenua, The Big E