Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: p90x

SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sheltona View Post
    Honestly, yeah, the price might be too high if you work at McDonalds and live with your dropped-out-of-high school baby mama in the projects. In that case, you need more than P90X. IMHO, if you are like that, then Military(4 years) then get out, go to college for free, get a better job, even a better one than the manager of a McDonalds. Life outside of McDonalds= worth it.
    Wow, strong judgement in your post mate. Seems like you have your all life figured out at just 16 years old, right? Even though I'm not in the situation you described, I must say that many people don't really have the money to pay for a lot of stuff, and it's not always their fault. Some people just live a hard life, you know? Maybe you should wait another few years, read what you just posted here and see if it's actually so right. Grow up man.

wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried this but then quickly found out about insanity which was made by Shaun t and it is an outstanding program much better than p90x

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I started P90X early August and am currently in week 7. I wanted something that my wife and I could do together and get into a routine, and the structure of P90X really helps to keep us motivated and working out every morning.

It was expensive to get started. The total cost for us including adjustable dumbbells, a pull-up bar, light weights, a resistance band, and the program was probably upwards of $500. But these are all things that we will use for years to come.

We aren't following the nutrition plan beyond counting calories and making an effort to get the right amount of protein/carbs/fat/etc. but are still seeing noticeable results.

TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I did p90x and it was okay... I def builds strength. I guess it's good for teaching your diff exercises and forms. But if you wanna build mass i wouldn't recommend it. If u wanna be myspace ripped then go for it.

Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canofbeans23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 7upyours View Post
    i only use the plyo. its the best cardio ever.
    This, I ride my bike to work every day (1.5 hours total) I did pylo as hard as I could and almost puked aftwards, not to mention my legs were sore for 2 days.

MattWeiler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did P90X for about 3 months, but then went on a long family Vacation and slacked-off big time

It definitely works, but you have to keep-it-up.

thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebankcard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    some ppl are real stupid how is it waste of 100$ when i would have or might have used it for something stupid and last time i checked pullups push ups and anything with a dumbell program you can get great results i dont know of a gym that will let me in year round for 100 or a trainer that will train me 3 months for a 100 i got know if i could off a month food for 100 and dont know of a coach you can pay 50 for a month unless that guy is your friend so LMFAO to the lies you threw out and my to run my internet by the end of 4 months id used that 100 so **** if im working and can save my and money not have look for tips and this and that to get me going for 3 months why not and to the poster its great program droped from 22% bf to 15% with not even eating a stricted diet

Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anthon88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did P90X last year and really enjoyed it. It is extremely intense if you make it that way. You get what you put into it, if you slack you will get crap results. My buddy and I put in maximum effort on every set, even added forced reps, drop down sets, etc. It wasn't uncommon to get nauseous during the workout, in fact my friend threw up a few times during the 90 days. Plyo is an awesome cardio workout and I personally loved the yoga. Hurt like hell for the hour and 32 minutes but felt completely refreshed afterwards.

All in all, it is really great for beginners and for people who want to get cut up and learn to push their body to the max. However, I will probably never do it again because I cannot give up things like squats, bench, and deads. I feel that I would lose too much strength from neglecting the main power movements. I might add in plyo and yoga again when I start cutting up in the spring though.

CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CountrySurfBum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am loving it so far. I live in a VERY conjested Korean city, it would take me 40 minutes to get to the post gym from home. Have a family to support and blah blah blah. P90X and Insantity fits in with my desired time, space, and frequency. My wife and I can eenjoy it together aswell. It may not be right for everyone but it seems it is right for some.

Just becasue something doesn't work for you or you do not understand the benifits to others doesn't mean it should be thrown out the equation.

midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know, it's a good and intense workout but don't expect to get big off it. I mean you'll definitely get in shape but if you're trying to get big, it's definitely not a body builders program.

I tried it for free since my friend made me a copy but honestly, I just ended up going back to the gym to use weights. It's good if you're starting off and just want to burn off fat/gain strength.

I mean, if you ever pay close attention to the commercials, you don't ever see someone starting off skinny and ending up ripped and big. They're usually big to begin with so the muscle was under the fat all along, but yeah, just depends on what you're going for.

Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Swolebraahh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SpongeBobNoPant View Post
    Wow, strong judgement in your post mate. Seems like you have your all life figured out at just 16 years old, right? Even though I'm not in the situation you described, I must say that many people don't really have the money to pay for a lot of stuff, and it's not always their fault. Some people just live a hard life, you know? Maybe you should wait another few years, read what you just posted here and see if it's actually so right. Grow up man.
    aint that the truth
    FC Bayern fan before it was cool.

----✘----

***Canadian Crew***

SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100) SurvivalX is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have done two cycles of P90X and it brought some crazy results as far as 'getting ripped' goes. lots of little striations stand out in your body, but its true its not good for mass. I use it for cutting after hitting 14% body fat after a bulk. By the end of an entire cycle I am back down to a very lean state where I can begin to bulk again. Plus it gives you some pretty nice abs.

I don't see why people are crying about the price. You don't have to buy it from the site directly. People sell their used discs on eBay/Craigslist. And if you're even smarter you don't even have to go that far.

Just remember to eat properly. With all of the cardio and fast paced work outs involved you can easily lose a lot of muscle if you are a noob.

Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000) Dante7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aaronmoneymaker View Post
    P90x sucks my cok, honest to god, if you can't simply think of workouts or go to a website like this for workouts to put into a routine, than you my friend are an idiot if you have to pay for trash like this. I feel the only time someone needs to buy a personal trainer of some sort is for elite, competitive, and highly skilled sports. I for one have hired a speed trainer for college football. But something that is an infomercial is completely bogus, anyone can cut fat/weight in 90 days for god sakes even 1-2 weeks, its called diet for those of whom are r-tards
    someones and @sshole,and a speed trainer really? if i want to increase my speed i do weighted squat jumps and all out sprints.
    gonna be a beast

wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    starting on p90x
    this looks good, and a couple of buddys have done it, they've lost made weight and got ripped, yeah its not for mass for sure, but they doing the 3rd level now with increased weight and results are MAD
    ''My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure.''

"Okay as you are aware Cows are now infected with foot and mouth all over europe, do you think eggs will be alright to eat still?" TopBoyNow

sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000) sekaonayr is just really nice. (+1000)
    p90x is fine for things like cutting, and body recomposition, and yes it can also be used for bulking. just increase the weight where you can only do 3-12 reps any where in that rep scheme can be good i guess. its a nice program i did it to get me ripped as fuark for summer my freshman year in highschool

weights and sprints however have gotten me better results
    Personal Records at sixteen years old / goals before 18:
    300 lb Bench Press - stopped benching after that though, haven't in three months. / 405
    260 lb Front Squat - 6/25/11 / 365
    95 lb dumbell incline / no clue
    165 lb millitary / 225
    135 lb snatch / 225
    BW x 20 chin ups / BW x 40

Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Huntington1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you need to lose weight, and have no previous lifting experience it's decent.
    if your a regular at the gym, and have been working out for a while...
    Don't waste your time .

Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atnt0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I only do the Ab Ripper X, best ab workout out there in my opinion, have had great results so far (along with my own healthy diet)
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I'd like to say something here.....

WHY IS ANYBODY HATING ON ANOTHER PERSON FOR MERELY ASKING ABOUT A WORKOUT PROGRAM?

Seriously. Aren't we all on here for the same reason? Aren't we all on here to obtain knowledge and motivation in our journey to become healthy? So what if you don't like the program....don't sit there and flame someone for merely asking a question about it. Also, although this is "bodybuilding.com" not everyone here is looking to build a ridiculous amount of muscle and become a body builder. I realize that I am not in the best shape of my life but I do know about the P90X program due to people I personally know who have or are currently using it (which is why I started this program today). Regardless of how little or how much you are overweight, P90X is a fantastic beginner program. Are you going to receive the results that they show on the infomercial? Most likely not. Those are extreme cases. It's definitely a great way to lose body fat and begin to tone up.

Also, I just wanted to state they do not MAKE you use lighter weights and do higher reps. He clearly states that if you are looking to simply slim down and tone up, to use lighter weights (but not too light) and do more reps. Whereas if you are looking to bulk up, to use heavier weights and much lower reps. Do your research, those of you who are knocking the program. Just because you have lost weight and/or gained the muscle you have by simply changing your diet and hitting the gym doesn't mean that's how everyone wants to do it. Some people don't like the gym for various reasons so they try alternative solutions, which there are tons of.

If you've tried the program and it didn't work for you, so be it. State your comments, but don't just sit there telling somebody they are stupid for even considering the program. To each his own. You're just looking like an ignorant ***hole.

I commend anyone and everyone for trying to get more information about any exercise/diet program.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body."

wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    totally agree with you Kafarmer87
    your spot on, and some results i have seen with people doing p90x have been like WOW
    ''My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure.''

"Okay as you are aware Cows are now infected with foot and mouth all over europe, do you think eggs will be alright to eat still?" TopBoyNow

jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jl2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Look at Wayne Wyatt's transformation using nothing but P90x programs. He used weighted backpacks for weight increases on pushups and pullups. He has made the most dramatic transformation I have seen. He recently got invited to try out for the new p90x video series and got selected to be in one of the videos. Just look for wayne p90x on Youtube. At first I thought no way it was from this program but I started looking into it more and saw how intense and creative he was to make it work so well.

zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kafarmer87 View Post
    So I'd like to say something here.....

WHY IS ANYBODY HATING ON ANOTHER PERSON FOR MERELY ASKING ABOUT A WORKOUT PROGRAM?

Seriously. Aren't we all on here for the same reason? Aren't we all on here to obtain knowledge and motivation in our journey to become healthy? So what if you don't like the program....don't sit there and flame someone for merely asking a question about it. Also, although this is "bodybuilding.com" not everyone here is looking to build a ridiculous amount of muscle and become a body builder. I realize that I am not in the best shape of my life but I do know about the P90X program due to people I personally know who have or are currently using it (which is why I started this program today). Regardless of how little or how much you are overweight, P90X is a fantastic beginner program. Are you going to receive the results that they show on the infomercial? Most likely not. Those are extreme cases. It's definitely a great way to lose body fat and begin to tone up.

Also, I just wanted to state they do not MAKE you use lighter weights and do higher reps. He clearly states that if you are looking to simply slim down and tone up, to use lighter weights (but not too light) and do more reps. Whereas if you are looking to bulk up, to use heavier weights and much lower reps. Do your research, those of you who are knocking the program. Just because you have lost weight and/or gained the muscle you have by simply changing your diet and hitting the gym doesn't mean that's how everyone wants to do it. Some people don't like the gym for various reasons so they try alternative solutions, which there are tons of.

If you've tried the program and it didn't work for you, so be it. State your comments, but don't just sit there telling somebody they are stupid for even considering the program. To each his own. You're just looking like an ignorant ***hole.

I commend anyone and everyone for trying to get more information about any exercise/diet program.
    put anthrax on a tampax and slap u till u cant stand..

i like that song, do u?

kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kafarmer87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zrage View Post
    put anthrax on a tampax and slap u till u cant stand..

i like that song, do u?

Really? Come on....grow up.

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can I use it to cut after my bulk? Or am I risking to much muscle loss?
    Attract toxic girls but I'm not toxic crew
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew
    Lana Del Rey > Taylor Swift crew

Originally Posted by RainingBlood View Post
    Can I use it to cut after my bulk? Or am I risking to much muscle loss?
    Absolutely. That's what the program is leaning more toward -- decreasing body fat to get lean muscle. Just be sure to continue to use heavier weights. It's all about basically moving non-stop for an hour while weight training. I think it'd help a lot with cutting.

teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am a product of P90X, I am a P90X coach under Wayne Wyatt and both of our results are real deal. He adapted more then me being a lot larger then me but we both are proof of how P90x has changed lives. You dont lose muscle with P90x you gain while losing fat. I went from 187lbs and 26% body fat to 152lbs 8% bf. Tell me if it works? w w w .team-newbody.c o m

taiyed7210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Absolutely. That's what the program is leaning more toward -- decreasing body fat to get lean muscle. Just be sure to continue to use heavier weights. It's all about basically moving non-stop for an hour while weight training. I think it'd help a lot with cutting.
    I don't think this advice should be taken.

Yes, use p90x if you are not too worried about how much muscle you are going to lose in the process.

If you are cutting after a bulk you are better off doing deads, squats, bench etc with heavy weight to retain that muscle while cutting your calories. Pretty much you have to trick your body into thinking it still needs the muscles even though you aren't feeding it enough calories.

I know this sounds stupid but you don't want to do all that much cardio on a cut. Save that for when you are eating extra, while bulking, for endurance and overall health.

I think of p90x as getting yourself ready to be able to do intense heavy lifting.

Now...if you're in crappy shape to start with....pop in p90x and bust your butt w/o worrying about much beyond your diet and working out...period

taiyed7210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who wants to be 6'0" and 152 lbs ..................

Based on your calculations - 187 and 26% = 138.38 lbs lean mass, 152 and 26% = 139.84 lean mass.

It is pretty impressive that you didn't lose any muscle but you didn't gain much either bro. Time to increase mealtime again and start lifting heavy.

teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teamnewbody has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    8% not 26%. Im currently gaining now. And im just learning how to manage my intake. Im not a nutritionist or pro bb. I just know It got me ripped. I couldve stopped anywhere at 160 at 155 at 175. But i took it down lower by choice. I wasnt into bulk then. Now that im down it time to gain muscle while keeping bf down. Im not in any rush. Im just playing around with different things. I miss the gym and next month will be getting back there as well.
    thanks taiyed
    Last edited by teamnewbody; 02-14-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Im doing more lifting days then cardio days as well now. the 1st 90 days i followed the routine but now the 2nd 90 ive taken the cardio less and added more lifting days and more sets. You dont have to stay with the same routine. plus there is more then p90x there are a lot of more advanced programs after p90x. that have only lifting. I use insanity as well now.

Talking

Anything that promotes healthy lifestyle or fitness should be lifted up. Because thats what its all about isnt it? Healthier living for more active and better life. So if its your cup of tea for the gym or for home workouts great. we need to give props to all that promote goodness to our bodys.