Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kxtreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best exercise to get a bigger butt

what are the best combo or isolation exercises to gain some bulk in your butt? i have a small ass and dont say eat a lot of fat, i want a big muscular butt =D

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    squats deadlifts sldl

kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100) kimotherapy is not very well liked. (-100)
    ass to grass squats.

tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)
    squats. theres also some machines around out there that try to target (isolate) your ass - i dont know how well they work. stick with squats and youll have a great big ass in no time. lol.
    i represent angry, gun-toting, meat-eating ****ing people!

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Aren't box squats supposed to work the glutes?

Other than stiffies I'd say glute-ham raise.

tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Zoupa
    Aren't box squats supposed to work the glutes?
    yeah, i think any variation of squat should do the trick; i guess some more than others, but i dunno.

what are ass to grass squats and glute ham raises? also ive been doing squats but my ass hasnt responde to them, should i go down further?

Originally posted by kxtreme
    what are ass to grass squats and glute ham raises? also ive been doing squats but my ass hasnt responde to them, should i go down further?
    glute ham raises:
    http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm

as to grass squats is just squats with a FULL RANGE OF MOTION - bring your ass all the way down - "ass to grass" generally speaking, youre gonna do less weight with these, but more weight isnt always better

Mr. Widebody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Re: best exercise to get a bigger butt

what are the best combo or isolation exercises to gain some bulk in your butt? i have a small ass and dont say eat a lot of fat, i want a big muscular butt =D
    Want a big muscular butt? Ask god to be reincarnated as a black man. It's pretty much standard issue for us!

But seriously ass to grass squats should help that area alot for you.
    Last edited by Mr. Widebody; 07-14-2004 at 05:56 PM.

Niadel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

ass to grass squats

so basically for ass to grass squats do less weight but go as far down as you can possible right?

i looked at the link tbomb posted and why is it that that guy int hat site does stiff leg deadlifts with a bend in his knees? ive always done or seen on other sites to keep your legs completely straight

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i looked at the link tbomb posted and why is it that that guy int hat site does stiff leg deadlifts with a bend in his knees? ive always done or seen on other sites to keep your legs completely straight
    there is nothing wrong with having a slight bend in your knees for stiff deads. although the guy in that picture looks to have his bent quite a bit. i personally keep my legs pretty straight but never locked.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The name "stiff legged" is over rated. Don't take it literal. You don't want your legs straight completely. Keep a slight bend in them. Also keep the shins/calves/knees in place. While keeping a slight bend in your leg and slowly lower yourself. Back that ass up and out. Almost like your asking for it. And you'll feel a nice deep stretch/tear in the hammies. Shouldn't even use the lower back much. I don't even bend over half way before my hammies feel it.

As for the big ass. ASS TO GRASS SQUATS ALL THE WAY!! DEFINITLY!! I did my first sets of those this tuesday. holy ****!
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

tall_mofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by unity
    there is nothing wrong with having a slight bend in your knees for stiff deads. although the guy in that picture looks to have his bent quite a bit. i personally keep my legs pretty straight but never locked.
    correct me if i'm wrong, but since stiff-legged deadlifts work mostly the hams, i don't see how keeping your legs straight will work them at all

well, maybe as a stabilizer, but other than that??

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is this inner or outer ass?
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    The name "stiff legged" is over rated. Don't take it literal. You don't want your legs straight completely. Keep a slight bend in them. Also keep the shins/calves/knees in place. While keeping a slight bend in your leg and slowly lower yourself. Back that ass up and out. Almost like your asking for it. And you'll feel a nice deep stretch/tear in the hammies.
    the only thing i would add to this is to keep in mind that they are called "STIFF legged deadlifts", NOT "STRAIGHT legged deadlifts." different people with different bodies, and different body "geometries", will have different amounts of "bend" in their knees. example: 2 guys who are both 6'0" tall, but one guy has short legs and one guy has long legs, will have different amounts of "bend" in their legs.

the videos and pics you watch/see to learn how to perform exercises properly are only a guide, not a "if you dont do it EXACTLY like this, you're wrong" instruction manual. watch the vids, look at the pics, read the articles and tips, then go to the gym, use an empty bar, and see how it goes. if you have the chance, talk to someone at the gym who you see doing the exercise you're trying to learn - most of the time, they'll be happy to take 2 minutes to show you how to do something and give you a few pointers (but make sure you pick someone who has a clue, lol.)

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by tall_mofo
    correct me if i'm wrong, but since stiff-legged deadlifts work mostly the hams, i don't see how keeping your legs straight will work them at all

im willing to consider that i may be doing them improperly. however the way i have done them is what i have seen pictures of and what i interpreted from reading. but its deffinatly hitting my hams. keep in mind that i said i keep them pretty straight. they are bent, but nearly as much as in that picture.

also, this very site has pictures of a guy doing stiff legged deads with his legs fairly straight: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/deadlift1.jpg
    Last edited by unity; 07-14-2004 at 07:10 PM.

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

When doing stiffies don't think of it as bringing up your back and lowering your back....

Think of it as pushing your butt out then pulling it back in, and focus on doing the exercise that way.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Because the hams are responsible for hip extension (bringing the legs from in front of you to behind you) as well as knee flexion. The best way to train hams is as a hip extensor, not as a knee flexor (as in leg curls). SLDLs essentially extend the hip.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gareth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by kimotherapy
    ass to grass squats.
    Bump. This will work in a very short time.
    G¤â®É¤th

harder stronger faster losercore's Avatar
    losercore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a2g squats rape your glutes. no pun intended
    "No not at all, so that was what 250-260 grams protein, if you weigh 125 lbs its perfect, you want to move up in muscle mass, you need to increase it big time."
    - in-human

view my journal here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321498

Height : 5'10 1/2"

HitManSE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squats.

Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squats are good but you people are stuck to one and only exercise. Lunges made my butchicks like baloons. They are big but i am tall and they don't look that bad.

HitManSE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Scientist
    Squats are good but you people are stuck to one and only exercise. Lunges made my butchicks like baloons. They are big but i am tall and they don't look that bad.
    Huh? Im just naming the once movment that does the most for it IMO. Doesnt mean most of us thing that lunges, dead, ect.. doesnt do anything

Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scientist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by HitManSE
    Huh? Im just naming the once movment that does the most for it IMO. Doesnt mean most of us thing that lunges, dead, ect.. doesnt do anything

You can get the "most" buy doing many movements including the basics of course. In simple words don't squat "only" for big butt but do squat, lunges, SLDL and many more. Although if your genetics have determined that you will have small muscles in your butt then it is hard to change that.

SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SKB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Big butt

By far the best three exercises for a big butt:

Squats
    Romanian Deadlift
    Lunges
    Every moment you are not training, somebody, somewhere is!

Less talking, more training.

willposeforcash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by dookie1481
    Is this inner or outer ass?
    Bob does it all, so he's a COMPLETE ass.

regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Reminds me of a thread on Fortified Iron a while ago...

http://www.fortifiediron.net/invisio...pic=12105&st=0
    Fortified IRON -> How i finna get my booty big?
    MyProtein Discount code : MP13318 Thank you please

terimanley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    put the booty wow when you doing squats which is more help to make butt bigger.