Thread: Protein Shakes

LindseyAvara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Protein Shakes

I've been lifting for almost a year now and have recently decided to train to compete in a figure competition. The main difference I am going to have to make will be in my diet. (I'm 19 and Pizza is just so hard to give up! ) The site has been helpful with sample meal plans, but I just have one question regarding the protein shakes. Should I mix my powder with water or skim milk??? I know as I get closer to my competition date I should cut out dairy products, but what is recommended in the beginning months of my training?

Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutoxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to bulk up I would recomend milk, but I don't think it'll make that big of a difference.

my2cents
    www.bopia.com

The Little Water Bear Thunder_Bunny's Avatar
    Thunder_Bunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe most people use water.
    "Little girls, like butterflies, don't need an excuse."

JuniorFlex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For a post workout shake water would be best. Milk slows down digestion and after a workout you want that protein to digest fast so water is best. But if your taking a shake as a meal replacement and digestion time isn't as critical the milk makes it taste yummyer, thicker and richer:-)