KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000)

Pros' first competitions

Hey everyone. Does anyone know of any of today's pros that did NOT do well in their first competition? It seems like every bio I read of the pros they placed first in their first competition and pretty much all the way up until they became IFBB pros. Bob and Tom, if you read this, could you post your experiences from your first competition? At my competition this past weekend, Gunter (the guest poser) talked about his first competition in a seminar held between prejudging and the night show. He said how he was so nervous he walked out on stage with his sandals on lol. But he said he ended up winning the show; he also said he was 230 pounds for his first show at the age of 18. That's just crazy. Any stories Bob and Tom? Thanks everyone. Later.

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Bob Chick's Avatar
    Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chris-

Well, it was a pretty long time ago...but my first contest was in 1979. I WAS 13 years old and training for just under a year. I placed 3rd and won trophies for best legs, arms, back, and poser. (oddly, I didn't win) It was a really small local show.

My first "real" show was in 1980 at 14 yrs. old. I placed 8th out of 10. I was excited and couldn't wait to get on stage. Even though I didn't win, I got the loudest applause because of my build, which was pretty good for a 14 year old.

I actually won my first teenage show the following year at 15, beating out a bunch of 19 year old's.

The rest, my friend..is history!!
    Bob Cicherillo - IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
    IFBB Athletes rep

KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by BOB CHICK
    Chris-

Well, it was a pretty long time ago...but my first contest was in 1979. I WAS 13 years old and training for just under a year. I placed 3rd and won trophies for best legs, arms, back, and poser. (oddly, I didn't win) It was a really small local show.

My first "real" show was in 1980 at 14 yrs. old. I placed 8th out of 10. I was excited and couldn't wait to get on stage. Even though I didn't win, I got the loudest applause because of my build, which was pretty good for a 14 year old.

I actually won my first teenage show the following year at 15, beating out a bunch of 19 year old's.

The rest, my friend..is history!!
    WOW 13 and you were competing. That's awesome man. MAJOR props to you for that. There were two 16 year olds that competed in the 17 and under division at my competition this past weekend, and they were both really nervous lol I can't imagine being 13 and competing. Hell, I didn't start lifting weights until my senior year in high school (and I'm now about to enter my third year at college). Well hopefully I can put some size on my frame in the coming years to accomplish all my goals. Thanks for posting your experiences of your first competition Bob. Are you competing in the Olympia this year? I know you're really busy with movies and such. Thanks again. Later.