SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile My Spinach Lasagna . . .

Here's my version of a classic recipe:

Ingredients:

3 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
    1 egg
    1 cup part-skim container ricotta cheese
    1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons minced garlic
    3 cups marinara-style meatless pasta sauce
    9 no-boil WW lasagna noodles*
    12 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:

1. Wash spinach & pat dry with paper towels.

2. Preheat oven to 375? F.

3. Combine 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, egg, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic, chopped parsley and red and black pepper. Set aside.

3. In a 9x13 inch baking dish pour 3/4 cup marinara sauce. Place 3 pieces of no-boil lasagna on the sauce, covering with another 1/2 cup of the sauce.

4. Layer with half of the spinach, then a layer spreading half of the cheese mixture over the spinach.

5. Repeat layers. Finish with 3 more lasagna strips and cover with remaining sauce.

6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for one hour. Uncover and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese during last 15 minutes of baking.

Nutrition:

Makes 8 large servings. each has:

402 calories
    14g fat (7g saturated, 1g poly, 4g mono)
    41g carbs
    29 g protein
    6g fiber

295 mcg Vitamin A
    19 mg Vitamin C
    6 IU Vitamin D
    2 mg Vitamin E
    525 mg calcium
    103 mg magnesium
    503 mg phosphorus
    584 mg potassium
    820 mg sodium
    3 mg zinc

Serving Suggestion:

I like my pasta served in the Italian way, meatless w/ meat served separately on the side. Hot Italian turkey sausauge, with peppers & onions goes great with this dish.

If u want 2 make a meat dish out of it, one way is to use a meat sauce in place of the marinara sauce.

* If u can't find no-boil WW pasta, u can use regular WW dry lasagna noodles instead. Just add an extra cup of water 2 the sauce & allow 15 min extra cooking time.
    Last edited by skinnyboipgh; 06-02-2007 at 12:23 PM.

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skinnyboipgh View Post
    Here's my version of a classic recipe:

Ingredients:

3 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
    1 egg
    1 cup part-skim container ricotta cheese
    1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons minced garlic
    3 cups marinara-style meatless pasta sauce
    9 no-boil lasagna noodles
    12 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:

1. Wash spinach & pat dry with paper towels.

2. Preheat oven to 375? F.

3. Combine 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, egg, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic, chopped parsley and red and black pepper. Set aside.

3. In a 9x13 inch baking dish pour 3/4 cup marinara sauce. Place 3 pieces of no-boil lasagna on the sauce, covering with another 1/2 cup of the sauce.

4. Layer with half of the spinach, then a layer spreading half of the cheese mixture over the spinach.

5. Repeat layers. Finish with 3 more lasagna strips and cover with remaining sauce.

6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for one hour. Uncover and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese during last 15 minutes of baking.

Nutrition:

Makes 8 large servings. each has:

402 calories
    14g fat (7g saturated, 1g poly, 4g mono)
    41g carbs
    29 g protein
    6g fiber

295 mcg Vitamin A
    19 mg Vitamin C
    6 IU Vitamin D
    2 mg Vitamin E
    525 mg calcium
    103 mg magnesium
    503 mg phosphorus
    584 mg potassium
    820 mg sodium
    3 mg zinc

Serving Suggestion:

I like my pasta served in the Italian way, meatless w/ meat served separately on the side. Hot Italian turkey sausauge, with peppers & onions goes great with this dish.

If u want 2 make a meat dish out of it, one way is to use a meat sauce in place of the marinara sauce.
    I bet chicken would be good with this too...in the lasagna

skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile Yep . . .

Originally Posted by eLJaKo View Post
    I bet chicken would be good with this too...in the lasagna
    Sure thing, either make a chicken pasta sauce instead of marinara, or include chunks of chicken in the layers.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000)
    looks great! do u know if they sell whole wheat, no boil noodles?
    Michael Scott: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Old School Bodybuilder Frank_The_Tank's Avatar
    Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Frank_The_Tank has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have to cook them but a company called Dreamfield makes a low gi lasagna noodle.

Smile U can also use regular WW pasta . . .

Originally Posted by sportyhp View Post
    looks great! do u know if they sell whole wheat, no boil noodles?
    I make them myself most of the time & use while still fresh. But u can also use regular dry WW lasagna noodles, just add an extra cup of liquid 2 the sauce.

I'll edit my recipe to mention that.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.