buffchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sort of OT -- AZ NPCs

I don't really know where to post this since it's sort of off topic, but I needed to rant about tonight's NPCs in Phoenix. I know BB judging can be (is?) biased and unfair, but some of the picks tonight were some of the worst I've ever seen. They were sooooo blatently biased in some of the categories -- can anyone explain what happened in the superheavies? And one of the lighter guys definately deserved either 1st or maybe 2nd, and he obviously couldn't believe it when he ended up with 4th. And in another category it was obvious who should have one when the posing for pics started, but he'd already been given 2nd at that point. And I know not everyone cares about figure, but in the A's how do they pick a skinny girl to win but then the most muscular girl out of everyone wins the overall. I know there's been confusion all along since figure started about what exactly they're looking for, but the judges in tonight's show didn't even seem to know what they wanted. There were a lot of guys and girls there who looked amazing, and it just seems sucky that some of the best looking people didn't get recognized.
    And what was up with that lightweight trying to steal the spotlight at the end? That was funny....

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i read that the event was canceled

Ummm...it definately wasn't cause I was there.

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    maybe you were at the nevada NPC's? i also read that those were not cancelled, even though they were scheduled to be

How would I think I was in Arizona when I was in Nevada?

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Sort of OT -- AZ NPCs

Originally posted by buffchick
    I don't really know where to post this since it's sort of off topic, but I needed to rant about tonight's NPCs in Phoenix. I know BB judging can be (is?) biased and unfair, but some of the picks tonight were some of the worst I've ever seen. They were sooooo blatently biased in some of the categories -- can anyone explain what happened in the superheavies? And one of the lighter guys definately deserved either 1st or maybe 2nd, and he obviously couldn't believe it when he ended up with 4th. And in another category it was obvious who should have one when the posing for pics started, but he'd already been given 2nd at that point. And I know not everyone cares about figure, but in the A's how do they pick a skinny girl to win but then the most muscular girl out of everyone wins the overall. I know there's been confusion all along since figure started about what exactly they're looking for, but the judges in tonight's show didn't even seem to know what they wanted. There were a lot of guys and girls there who looked amazing, and it just seems sucky that some of the best looking people didn't get recognized.
    And what was up with that lightweight trying to steal the spotlight at the end? That was funny....
    buffchick - i didnt actually see this particular show, but agree with many of your thoughts on judging. with the guys, it often leaves you baffled to what the judges were thinking, but agreed - figure is where the inconsistencies are at an all time high.

case in point - i recently helped my sister in law get ready for our state show. she has unbelievable genetics, and came second, only due to some minor fine tuning. the judges thought she had the potential to cause some damage at the nationals, so she made the state team. no dramas so far. now, at the australian nationals, she came in outstanding shape and completely picked up and fine tuned what she needed. honestly, bias aside, watching the video of the comp, she was the complete standout in her division. result? 2nd again. why? apparently 'too lean and freaky', the judges were looking for 'a slightly softer look' . then the girls who won the other categories? lean and hard. and to the girls who came second in these categories - a bit too soft. its just inconsistent, and doesnt add up.

trust me, with this story, theres no bitterness - its just a thrill for many of the athletes to step on a national stage. but the judging inconsistencies are puzzling, and many times leave both the athletes and the fans scratching thier heads...

B.S. Physiology ISSA CPT RonaldAsad's Avatar
    RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonaldAsad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah there was some inconsistencies, i was there. The best looking guy in the whole show was the middle weight who won. James allen. The guy was thick, symetrcial, shreeded to the bone, and looked flawless.

Yeah -- he looked absolutely ridiculous! I think the main difference between him and the guy who took the overall was the heavy's vascularity -- his thighs seriously looked like a road map. I don't think that's enough of a reason for him to have won, but it was pretty impressive.
    I've been to shows in New England before and the judging there was bad, but this was my first in AZ and it was soooo much worse here.

jayvee -- I know it's tough to not be biased when it's someone you know, but that was the craziest thing about this show -- I didn't know anyone that was actually in contention! And I could see how bad the judging was since I didnt' go in there wanting my friend to win. Figure is the worst though -- one of my friends wants to do November's show and I'm trying to convince her to do fitness instead.....
    PS Thanks for helping me realize I didn't imagine the entire event ala Gibblets's implications