Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

If your muscles are not sore, does that mean they are not growing?

Sometimes when I workout my muscles aren't sore the day after. When this happens, it is usually my lats. I have tried switching which exercises I do, but it doesn't seem to work. When they are not sore, are they not growing?
    Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107713181

magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can grow without suffering DOMS.
    2 years
    Starting weight/height = 119lbs / 5'8"
    Current weight/height - 185lbs / 5'8"

Bulking 'til 230lbs or when the Buffalo Bills have a winning season. Whichever comes first.

Step 1) Pick up a weight and a small farm animal.
    Step 2) Lift one and eat the other.

SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But do you grow better with soreness the next day?

vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you're not sore it doesn't mean your growing. If you workout hard, and not sore the next day, ITS perfectly fine.
    "Leave your ego at the door"

NASM Certified Personal Trainer

IG - Siberian.beast
    ********.com/Siberian.beast

Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Love Pirate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i have heard countless times that soreness is no indicator whatsoever of how effective your workout was.

but i like the soreness it makes me feel like i accomplished something.

Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Okay, but what makes you get sore sometimes and not other times. Do they grow more when sore?
    Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107713181

vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CRaCKuLAtiNg View Post
    Okay, but what makes you get sore sometimes and not other times. Do they grow more when sore?
    I think what makes you sore is when you haven't trained a specific bodypart for a long time (longer then a week), and then you train it very hard, you get sore the next day.

IG - Siberian.beast

half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your muscles will feeel sore only when your muscles are not use to the training. After the first week the sorness will go away untill you start to change your workout since your putting your muscles through new forms and whatnot.

So no you do not need to be sore for your muscles to grow. 80% of muscles are made in the kitchen.
    I have no signature!

Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100) Elswinger is not very well liked. (-100)
    as long as you work them out, they will grow, people even take stuff like EXTEND so they are not sore the day after, so soreness has nothing to do with wether or not they are growing.
    Hey, because it's you!

-Dedication takes no vacation!-

"Man who gets stuck in pantry, has his ass in jam."
    -Paul Sangenito

~Texas Is The Home Of The Players And Pimps~

Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

james.andrews has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My chest is always sore after benching, and my chest has had the most gains.

Soreness is good IMO.

half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) half9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ever heard of people say "No pain no gain"? Thats not true one bit, somtimes its dangerouse.

If you keep feeling sore then your diet is off key. The only time I will feel sore is when I dont lift for a week. Your muscles are not recovering properly.
    I have no signature!

Originally Posted by half9 View Post
    So no you do not need to be sore for your muscles to grow. 80% of muscles are made in the kitchen.
    80%? Sounds abit high

IG - Siberian.beast

nope, 80% sounds about right. It dose not take much to stimulate muscle growth.

Basicly when you go to the gym, you "brake down" your muscles. So when the muscles is re-building itself it makes your muscles fibers grow a little bit more thinker...and thinker...and thinker... Thats how we all look so big. We are not gaining ore muscle fiber its just our muscle fiber just gets thinker.

So any Joe Smoe can go to the gym and "brake down" their muscles. If you do not have a proper diet then how the hell is your muscle sopose to rebuild itself?
    I have no signature!

Originally Posted by half9 View Post
    nope, 80% sounds about right. It dose not take much to stimulate muscle growth.

Basicly when you go to the gym, you "brake down" your muscles. So when the muscles is re-building itself it makes your muscles fibers grow a little bit more thinker...and thinker...and thinker... Thats how we all look so big. We are not gaining ore muscle fiber its just our muscle fiber just gets thinker.

So any Joe Smoe can go to the gym and "brake down" their muscles. If you do not have a proper diet then how the hell is your muscle sopose to rebuild itself?
    True, but what do you consider a proper diet? Joe Smoe eats something throughout the day, it doesn't have to be chicken or protein shake, or tuna or any high protein food. But, if you have a ****ty diet and workout, chances are you will gain muscle, talking about fat of course, but muscles rebuild themselves not only with proper diet, when you have ****ty diet they rebuild themselfes also..

IG - Siberian.beast

YOu eat ****ty you will gain ****ty. Yes you are correct how your muscles will rebuild themselfs no matter what diet you have but by how much? Thats the key. Like I said at the top of this post - You eat ****ty you gain ****ty -

I know people who work out all the time just like you and me but they look like crap. Their muscles dont look "full" and their skin aint that thick as a person on a proper diet. These are the people in the gym that you can tell have a good frame but thats it. They will never get big as you and me.

Now if you do have a propper diet, your muscles will have all the material to grow at its fullest potential. Think it like this - When your muscles are rebuilding itself it will tap into your protien, vitamens, and all that good stuff that takes muscles to grow. Now with a ****ty diet your reservoir is pretty much depleted since your not gaining all the nutrition you need. With a good diet your reservoir is pretty much filled with everything needed for muscle growth. You will gain more muscle / build muscle to its fulledt potintial with a full reservoir.
    I have no signature!

magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50) magnate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    New stimuli = DOMS.

It occurs when a muscle is not accustomed to being trained a certain way, or if at all.

It can be a good thing, however if it is 3 weeks into a routine with no changes and you are still sore it can also be a sign of inadequate recovery.

It can be good, it can be bad, it can be meaningless, depends on the situation.
    2 years

Bulking 'til 230lbs or when the Buffalo Bills have a winning season. Whichever comes first.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by magnate View Post
    New stimuli = DOMS.

It occurs when a muscle is not accustomed to being trained a certain way, or if at all.

It can be a good thing, however if it is 3 weeks into a routine with no changes and you are still sore it can also be a sign of inadequate recovery.

It can be good, it can be bad, it can be meaningless, depends on the situation.

Maybe it's just me but i could do the same old routine and still get sore off of it.

Originally Posted by Vipersg123 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but i could do the same old routine and still get sore off of it.
    Same with me for chest work, no matter if its a new routine or the same old crap i'm always sore the next day.

I don't know what to make of that, considering my chest doesn't seem to sacrifice strength or growth over it. Maybe Poliquin is right in that aspect.
    2 years

Lift, eat, sleep, repeat! Xetenor's Avatar
    Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xetenor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I love the soreness feeling, it's the best feeling ever Going to sleep with a sore body is great. I slept so good last night since I was pretty sore from the gym that day. Lately now that I've changed my exercise to 1 muscle group per day, my muscles that I exercise always do get sore now compared to before when they wouldn't, since I'd do various muscle groups and try to do plenty of everything in one day... which would exhaust me.

Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500) Thunderjason is not very helpful. (-500)
    Chest is always sore, so are the biceps.

My shoulders are hardly sore but i've made some development, same goes for the back.

But yeah, for me its always the chest.

nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nWe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CRaCKuLAtiNg View Post
    Sometimes when I workout my muscles aren't sore the day after. When this happens, it is usually my lats. I have tried switching which exercises I do, but it doesn't seem to work. When they are not sore, are they not growing?
    No, you don't need to be sore.

I'm training a split where I'm training my muscles 2 times a week so I don't wake up the next day with fcked up legs, but I know they still grow.

PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000)
    It means it is shrinking. If its not sore after workout, just punch the muscle you worked out as hard as you can to failure. Just to make sure its sore the next day, put your arm on the concrete, and have people run over it with a bike or stomp on it.

CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000) CallMeGod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Almost nearly every pro bodybuilder does not feel sore after a really heavy workout. Just because there possibly on gear doesn't means thats why they don't get sore, but do they grow?
    BMBC
    In life, there's going to be somethings that make it hard to smile.
    But whatever you do; Through all the rain & the pain; you got to keep your sense of humor;
    you've got to smile for me now Remember that. - Tupac Amaru Shakur

Even though I walk
    through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
    Psalm 23:3-5

Originally Posted by CallMeGod View Post
    Almost nearly every pro bodybuilder does not feel sore after a really heavy workout. Just because there possibly on gear doesn't means thats why they don't get sore, but do they grow?
    Not just true with Pros, most who have been around for a LONG time (natural and not) that i have talked to and have decent mass also say they do not feel sore anymore and have not for a long time, they sure as hell still grow though.
    2 years