asm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HIIT and Weight lifting program

I made up a HIIT with a little weight lifting program for myself. I've worked out for about a year off and on, nothing serious until now.

Right now my main plan is to cut down and lose some fat so I can start a clean bulk. The weight lifting will be mainly to keep working myself out and keeping my strength up as much as I can. Once I finish the cut down phase I will change and add more exercises (deadlifts, dips....) for a bulk. How does it look right now for what I want to do?

Thanks for the help.

http://www.asmgroup.us/workout/sched.htm

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: HIIT and Weight lifting program

Originally posted by asm
    I made up a HIIT with a little weight lifting program for myself. I've worked out for about a year off and on, nothing serious until now.

Right now my main plan is to cut down and lose some fat so I can start a clean bulk. The weight lifting will be mainly to keep working myself out and keeping my strength up as much as I can. Once I finish the cut down phase I will change and add more exercises (deadlifts, dips....) for a bulk. How does it look right now for what I want to do?

Thanks for the help.

http://www.asmgroup.us/workout/sched.htm
    1) You should be doing the tough compound exercises when you cut. They burn a ****load of calories relative to isolation exercises.

2) Dump Incline, add Weighted Dips.

3) You're doing almost as many sets for Bis as you are for Back? Wrong. Replace Pulldowns w/ Pull-ups. Replace Hypers w/ Deadlifts.

4) Add some sort of horizintal rowing (bent-over rows, one-arm rows, etc.) on Back day. Dump one of the Bi exercises.

5) Some people don't do direct ab work, but I feel that is a mistake. A stong core is something that everyone can benefit from. I would add abs on chest day and dump one of the Tri exercises.

6) Quite frankly, your leg "workout" is a travesty. Squats are your best friend. Also , dump the leg curls and do either Glute-Ham Raises or SLDL's.

7) Some people, myself included, feel that calves generally respond better to higher reps (the soleus, that is; the gastrocs are primarily fast-twitch, and as such, respond better to lower, more explosive reps).

I strongly suggest that you read the sticky about sample workouts. Good luck.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

asm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I knew I forgot to put something on there. I'm not going to skip abs, just didn't put down anything.

About the legs.... I guess I should have said something about this.... Right now I have some bad knees and my mother, being a massage therapist, is working on them and wants me to keep it light for a while. While squats are a great exersise, they aren't the safest thing for me to do at the moment. When my knees get better I will completely change that portion of the workout.

Thank you for the other points, I will look into them.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by asm
    I knew I forgot to put something on there. I'm not going to skip abs, just didn't put down anything.

About the legs.... I guess I should have said something about this.... Right now I have some bad knees and my mother, being a massage therapist, is working on them and wants me to keep it light for a while. While squats are a great exersise, they aren't the safest thing for me to do at the moment. When my knees get better I will completely change that portion of the workout.

Thank you for the other points, I will look into them.
    How is Leg Press any safer?
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis