Hendo255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

shooting pain in my foot/ankle?

so I'm sitting at work right now. I'm sitting normal with my feet on the floor but I just suddenly got a shooting pain up the inside of my left leg starting my my ankle. It happened twice within 2 minutes of each other. It took my by such suprise that when it first happened I jumped a bit and said what the hell was that and then started rotating my foot and flexing my calf. I can still feel it kinda in one spot. I don't know what the spot's called but it's in the ankle if you made a triangle between the ankle bone, the achillies tendon, and heel (that little dish sort of area on the inside) I've never felt anything like this before so I have no clue what it was. Any ideas what this could be? If it means anything I did legs in the gym on Wednesday (Thursday was an off day)

retroj40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    could be numerous things but most likely not to problematic. at first glance it might be some type of nerve compression where they muscles just being worked had some inflammation and put extra pressure on the nerves running through your lower leg. your lower leg has lots of muscle and nerves running through it with not a lot of space which can cause numerous issues, mainly compartment syndrome. stretching everything in your lower leg could help or just gently massaging the tissue. also out of curiosity, are you taking creatine or anything?

Hendo255 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea I am taking creatine (cell mass) I noticed something that could be related to it actually. I had COMPLETLY forgotten about it until I took a shower and saw it. Last weekend while drunk I fell into a paddle boat and hit the very bottom of my shin on one of the pedals pretty hard. It's got a bruise that's about 1 inch by 3 inches with a cut right above it.

retroj40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that could contribute to it. it has also been researched that creatine can contribute to compartment syndrome. use ice to try and reduce all the inflammation but don't use compression and that should help reduce it. also elevation will help reduce the swelling.