MsBlack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile High blood pressure and supplements?

Hello to all that may read this post,

I recently found out (Tuesday this week), that I have high blood pressure and taking medication to lower it. I know that exercise will be good for me to do, but my question to you all (while I'm sitting here waiting for a call back form my doctor) is can I continue to take my EAS whey protein and betagen supplements? THANX! to all that respond to this message. I greatly appreciate it.

P.S.

Msfit, how have you been doing? I haven't heard from you in a long time.

MsBlack

redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also have BP, I use whey but nothing else since been taking med's for 30 days now
    keeponpumpin!-red
    Enjoy The Pump Of Life !!

IT'S NOT WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU DRIVE THAT COUNTS, IT'S THE SIZE OF THE ARM YOU HANG OUT THE WINDOW!

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Lightbulb

Best to talk to a doc, a sports doc if possible. I do know that Creatine can be a no no when on ACE inhibitors due to it's effect on spiking your creatinine...not sure about the rest but, i wouldn't think protein supps would hurt. Let us know what you find out, it would be good to know.
    "it's always a good day to start lifting"
    Flex Magazine, Mar. '07, pg.44

"There is no secret routine, there is no magical number of reps and sets. What there is, is confidence, belief, hard work on a consistant basis, and a desire to succeed. This is what I mean when I say accept your limits and when the time is right, you will push right through your limits time and time again, mentally and physically."
    --Steve Justa

MsBlack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Thanx Guys for responding to my thread, and if there are other supplements that I can take while on meds I will post to let you, and others know.

Thanx again!
    Msblack

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am not reccomending this, but I know a couple people who treat their high blood pressure with hawthorn berry, and celery seed...

After being on perscription meds for years, and having plenty of negative side effects from the meds, they switched to using these two supps, and couldn't be more happy they switched...

Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been on a beta blocker and a calcium chanell blocker for 13 years or since I've been 15. I've never had a problem with whey although I look for the brand with the lowest cholesterol count as most whey supplements are chock full of cholesterol. I also use glutamine and arginine, as well as vitamin supplements. Just stay away from any type of fat burner or stimulant product.
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4