Thread: Krill oil?

Registered User officer jarhead's Avatar
    officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Krill oil?

I have been reading so many articles about the benefits of Krill Oil and it seems that this could be the new big thing when it comes to Omega support. I have been taking Nordic Ultimate Omega for over a year now and I have not noticed any benefits, but who really does when it comes to Omega-3's? We are told to take them due to their many health benefits and that they are absolutely necessary for overall health. My question is: Should I try Krill Oil capsules over my standard Nordic Omega? They are just about the same in price. Has anyone here tried Krill and noticed a difference between the two?
    Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by officer jarhead View Post
    I have been reading so many articles about the benefits of Krill Oil and it seems that this could be the new big thing when it comes to Omega support. I have been taking Nordic Ultimate Omega for over a year now and I have not noticed any benefits, but who really does when it comes to Omega-3's? We are told to take them due to their many health benefits and that they are absolutely necessary for overall health. My question is: Should I try Krill Oil capsules over my standard Nordic Omega? They are just about the same in price. Has anyone here tried Krill and noticed a difference between the two?

As far as I know most of the positive benefits touted by Krill Oil are based on research done by the companies that sell it.

People ask about Krill Oil about once every month or two and so far the answers are generally the same... we just don't know enough yet to make an informed decision. Adding some can't hurt... but if it will yield any benefits on top of fish oil supplementation is not really known.

If you have disposable income and suffer from any of the issues that krill oil claims to work extra well for then by all means try it. If you're on a tight budget krill is definitely not the first place I'd look to spend my money though.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) officer jarhead will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    As far as I know most of the positive benefits touted by Krill Oil are based on research done by the companies that sell it.

People ask about Krill Oil about once every month or two and so far the answers are generally the same... we just don't know enough yet to make an informed decision. Adding some can't hurt... but if it will yield any benefits on top of fish oil supplementation is not really known.

If you have disposable income and suffer from any of the issues that krill oil claims to work extra well for then by all means try it. If you're on a tight budget krill is definitely not the first place I'd look to spend my money though.
    Good points. Thank you for the input.

Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lucky_ROA is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I prefer fish oil however krill oil includes astaxanthin which has its own benefits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astaxanthin#For_humans

BeKind has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Difference should be in much less content of possible pollutants. Krill has short life, so it cant accumulate significant dose of mercury i.e. Of course standard omega from fish doesnt contain much of mercury, but no technology is 100%. Maybe the structure of stuff is lil better.

I saw some krill, but it was kinda pricey.

Originally Posted by BeKind View Post
    Difference should be in much less content of possible pollutants. Krill has short life, so it cant accumulate significant dose of mercury i.e. Of course standard omega from fish doesnt contain much of mercury, but no technology is 100%. Maybe the structure of stuff is lil better.

I saw some krill, but it was kinda pricey.
    Yes it does cost a lot more than standard fish oil, but I am still going to give it a try. Considering I have a cholesterol test coming up at the end of October with my yearly physical. I will be able to see a difference in the test readings if the krill oil is worth the extra money.

wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i get dat dere megared pretty cheap.