Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 194 lbs
    BodyPoints: 603
    TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheManTheyCall is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit TheManTheyCall's BodySpace

Casein after workout?

If I plan on working out at around 10 PM and going to bed around midnight, is it best to use casein as my PWO shake instead of Whey? I will have my last meal just after working out and a little over an hour before bed.

Stats: 6'1", 190 lbs
    BodyPoints: 15236
    MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) MUFC has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit MUFC's BodySpace
    have whey and then have casein protein in ur last meal (CC)

Stats: 5'6", 145 lbs
    BodyPoints: 3028
    FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000) FerrariLord is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit FerrariLord's BodySpace
    Although, I disagree with working out immediately before bed (i'd wait at least 4 hours), you might not have any other option. Whey is good as a post-workout supplement as it digests very quickly. Casein is good before bed because it digests very slowly. So my advice to you is to take the whey immediatley after the workout (at the gym) or even during your workout. I'd then take the casein right before bedtime. Try to space them out as much as possible. Make sure your getting some carbs post workout too.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 183 lbs
    BodyPoints: 10146
    DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DJohnson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DJohnson's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by FerrariLord View Post
    Although, I disagree with working out immediately before bed (i'd wait at least 4 hours), you might not have any other option. Whey is good as a post-workout supplement as it digests very quickly. Casein is good before bed because it digests very slowly. So my advice to you is to take the whey immediatley after the workout (at the gym) or even during your workout. I'd then take the casein right before bedtime. Try to space them out as much as possible. Make sure your getting some carbs post workout too.
    Excellent advice.

If its too much trouble just have the casein and whey together in your last meal, but as FerrariLord put would be optimal.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish
    DJohnson's Very Simple 2013 Cut Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152859911