Jcorb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jcorb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jcorb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jcorb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jcorb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you think it's feasible to go from nothing to completing Spartan races in 5months?

I generally have a hard time staying motivated with any sort of diet or exercise program. Well, a neighbor is training to do a "Spartan weekend", where you tackle all three races over the course of a single weekend.

The "Trifecta Weekend" is in a little over five months, and to be honest, while I know Spartan races aren't as "badass" as they're made out to be, I still think it's impressive when people have their medals and t-shirts for completing them. My neighbor already has his trifecta pyramid-thing, and he's training to do some even higher level in the next month or two.

Now granted, I'm 280 lbs and I can't run worth a damn currently. So maybe 5 months is completely unreasonable to even *think* about competing not just one, but THREE races in a single weekend.

But I figure, if I'm already financially invested in it (it's like $300 to register for the Trifecta weekend), and the fact my neighbor/friend is already training for that kind of thing, maybe it will be a decent carrot-on-a-stick for me to stick with something?

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jcorb View Post
    I generally have a hard time staying motivated with any sort of diet or exercise program. Well, a neighbor is training to do a "Spartan weekend", where you tackle all three races over the course of a single weekend.

The "Trifecta Weekend" is in a little over five months, and to be honest, while I know Spartan races aren't as "badass" as they're made out to be, I still think it's impressive when people have their medals and t-shirts for completing them. My neighbor already has his trifecta pyramid-thing, and he's training to do some even higher level in the next month or two.

Now granted, I'm 280 lbs and I can't run worth a damn currently. So maybe 5 months is completely unreasonable to even *think* about competing not just one, but THREE races in a single weekend.

But I figure, if I'm already financially invested in it (it's like $300 to register for the Trifecta weekend), and the fact my neighbor/friend is already training for that kind of thing, maybe it will be a decent carrot-on-a-stick for me to stick with something?
    I know of them, but not so much about them. Don't they have teams too? If they have teams, I'd rather do that, to get the motivation while in the race.

The goal you should have is to finish the course. I would not even worry about time till the next one, then try to beat your old time. Now, to do 3 races in one weekend, you better train like you want to do them all. Me? I would want to see how it works out for me and then see what I can accomplish the next year. $300 is a lot of money if not going to be able to do all 3 races.

Now, on that note, anything is possible. You just have to know if YOU are serious enough to train for it. I would also check to see if you can pay at the gate...this way it will only cost more if you do all 3, but less if you do not.
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671