Lifter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can too much protein damage your kidneys and liver?

I was reading that eating too much protein can damage your kidneys and liver. I am concerned since I take protein powder and I have a high protein diet. What do all of you think about this?

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Can too much protein damage your kidneys and liver?

Originally posted by Lifter
    I was reading that eating too much protein can damage your kidneys and liver. I am concerned since I take protein powder and I have a high protein diet. What do all of you think about this?
    Just make sure you drink lots of water.

Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gizmo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yup adequate water will keep your kidneys and liver running fine.

Giz

LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LostProphet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have also heard this rumour, but the way i understood it was that it was only when eating huge amounts of protein like 500 grams a day i may have got the wrong end of the stick though.
    WOW, STRONG TEA - MY BRUV FITNESSMAN

One of the most educational threads thats ever been posted. Thankyou DF1, madcow, Dom etc for increasing my knowledge on training tenfold. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=591896

makaveli83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Drinking a lot of water will only clean youre Kidney so i've heard. Maybe some liver tabs will help
    Rage is good Concentration is good But a combination is even better!

Life aint hard u get what the f*ck u put in.

parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete
    liver tabs have protein in them. I don't believe if you have a clean bill of health you have anything to worry about. If you are worried about liver, take milk thistle and ala. Kidney's, drink lots of water, cranberry juice and even cran extract.
    J.P. Fux quote "Bodybuilding is not a step by step process. If you don't erupt into a mountain overnight, its time to quit"

Seek and yee shall find!

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arjunakumar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lifter View Post
    (It depends on the amount of whey protein you consume. If you consume it for a long period of time at a stretch without taking a break then yes it affects the liver. Too much of anything is not good. If you want to be on the safe side use liv 52. it was recommended to me by my doctor as i am a body builder and depend alot of whey protein and other mass gainers.

Link to product - USA Website = healthyliverplus.com
    UK = healthyliver.co.uk

Scrawny little Asian Providence94's Avatar
    Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Providence94 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by arjunakumar View Post
    (It depends on the amount of whey protein you consume. If you consume it for a long period of time at a stretch without taking a break then yes it affects the liver. Too much of anything is not good. If you want to be on the safe side use liv 52. it was recommended to me by my doctor as i am a body builder and depend alot of whey protein and other mass gainers.

Link to product - USA Website = healthyliverplus.com
    UK = healthyliver.co.uk
    10yr bump bro?
    hai guyz

Team Hollywood Militia
    (Contest Prep Coach/Nutritionist John "Otis" Hollywood)

CURRENTLY SHREDDIN

235p/430c/65f at 186lbs