Thread: Maltodextrin?

KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja KawiNinja

Maltodextrin?

I'm trying to make my own weight gainer

Where can I buy maltodextrin?
    I can't find it anywhere.

I live in Toronto, Canada.

Thanks,
    Marco
    "Life isn't enough. One life isn't enough for me. There aren't enough days. Too many things to do, too many ideas. Every sunset upsets me because another day has gone by."

ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManowarMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    In the cyberstore. NOW FOODS has it pretty cheap.
    The big YELLOW one is the SUN!!!!!

u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) u5711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Maltodextrin?

Originally posted by KawiNinja

Thanks,
    Marco
    why do you want maltodextrin in your weight gainer? is it only for postworkout?
    "Like those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships."

Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What carb would you recommend over the Maltodextrin for a weight gainer? Hydrolyzed rice carbs are way better but are very expensive maybe thats out of his budget? If there is something better please tell i would also like to know

1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1fast400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Questions? Email me at My65cuda@aol.com

DON'T PM ME

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    last I Chcked malto was a ****ty broken down version of corn syrup..

alot of cheap ****ty mrp's have it. The old twin lab mrp's have it... the old myoplex's have it.. metrx has it.. mesotech... what's the deal?

Most weight gainers have malto as the carb. Why? Its cheap!!

You wanna put on fat gains? THen by all means use malto..

If your gonna make your home made weight gainer..

I would suggest...

1scoop cassein protein powder.. As it will digest slower so your muscles can actually use it. Putting in a scoop of whey will make it to quickly absorbed and you won't be able to use it. Prefereably chocolate..

1cup oatmeal. (make sure its quick oats as you can't digest raw steel cut or the regular rolled oats)

2tbsn natty pb.

1cup skim milk

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 673
    Fat - 21G
    Carb - 73G
    Protein - 48G

and it tastes like your drinking a peanut butter oatmeal cookie beleive it or not. Really good..

Word of caution though.. make sure you get a good source of omega 3 somewhere else in your diet. As more omega 6 then omega 3 tend to promote chemical imbalances..
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

KARLMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man look for a place called Bulk Barn if u dont wanna buy **** online like everyone recommends. if u cant find that, find a brewery (yes a beer brewery where u can make your own beer) and theyll sell u it, thats where i buy mine

sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Maltodextrin?

Originally posted by KawiNinja

Thanks,
    Marco
    use maltodextrin only for post workout recovery , to make an insulin spike.

Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainer1x will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey sicosico what carbs to you use instead of the maltodextrin?

MrWiggles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would not take high gi carbs post wo. its a bad myth.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=maltodextrin

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Use oatmeal for your weight gainer carbs. Just blend it up in the blender with the rest of your shake. I also occasionally use flax seeds.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Hey Melkor I love you! LOL ima go get pounds of oat meal! for some odd reason my brain didnt function properly enough for me to think of putting oatmeal in my shakes........ok now for the next step where do i get instantized oatmeal or oatmeal powder? websites would be great anyone know a website? help me out.......

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

aw damn you got me but i was actually looking for an easier way i dont want to have to resort to the blender everytime, ive learned that it becomes a hassle in certain situations like at work on the raod and so on so forth.. and what is usually better im thinking of Steel cut or rolled oats.......i read a few minutes ago that the GI is different depending on what kind you get.......anyone have any ideas

If you are going to use them in shakes get rolled oats. You are pretty much just going to have to grind them yourself. You can get oat flour, but it turns your shake into a gooey mess. Just grind a bunch ahead of time, and use it when you need it.

-Nietzsche

Thanks for the input melkor ill have to blend the oats for future use like you said.......... off to a bulk site i go............
    "FEED YOUR NEED"

Jack247905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trainer1x View Post
    What carb would you recommend over the Maltodextrin for a weight gainer? Hydrolyzed rice carbs are way better but are very expensive maybe thats out of his budget? If there is something better please tell i would also like to know
    Anything is better then Maltodextrin. Unless you don't care about your waistline.