Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ultra_Magnus View Post
    Nice bikes ^^^

Just added a windscreen to mine, new pics

Windscreen does nothing for it. No discernable wind direction and it messes with the super cool looks.

Just my opinion of course. That and a $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee in most places.

lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50) lift4today will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xerik126x View Post
    Ducati 748 as my first bike, Pros and Cons?
    not a great idea for a first bike...better options-

ninja 250
    ex500
    gs500
    sv650
    FZ6

pros/cons of the Duc--

pros
    -induces boners everytime you look at it
    -excellent tackday bike
    -rewards highly skilled riders

cons
    -you will want to die if (when) you drop it and rash the fairings
    -expensive to repair
    -expensive to maintain (and requires more attention than the typcial jap 'keep oil in it and she'll run like stink' bike)
    -handling that will punish the unskilled (for the same reasons it rewards the highly skilled and makes an excellent track bike)

just anecdotally, my buddy has a 749 that ran pretty good for a while then he had a pretty minor lowside at the track last year...the bike has been in and out of shops since (it's in the shop as of right now) because it won't run right...they tried everything...replace tps sensor, replace whole throttle body assembly, replaced some other electrical stuff...now he's looking at replacing the whole ECU...that's a $2000 repair job I think he told me...he lost this whole riding season because of that. To put that into perspective, you could get a decent ex500 or ninja 250 for the cost of just that repair.

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whoa don't know how i missed this thread. I've owned a couple few bikes in my time....
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

Its all about Performance CMRCrider's Avatar
    CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50) CMRCrider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kyli3 View Post
    I race motocross.

2007 KTM 144 SX

This is my last year riding the small bike class I think.

I'll be on a 250 or 450 next year.

I really like 2 strokes, but 4 strokes are obviously what's up now.

I'd like to get a sport bike this year, but racing and University are expensive.

Your from mxforum.com right? I think Ive seen you post there before. Welcome to bb.com
    "Get comfortable with the uncomfortable"

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Test drove 7 Harleys on Saturday at a big event the shop had.

Okay, expected the V-rod to have power, but it is a 'sportbike like powerband that hits about 3000-4000rpm
    The MOST impressive bike was the 2010 Dyna Wide glide with the 96ci engine
    I was getting on, the guy who just got off said, "it's got some power"
    I thought "yea, sure"
    I went around the corner, cracked the throttle, and it snapped my head back because I REALLY wasn't expecting any more than the FSXLT, Rocker C, or the Softail had
    That's the Harley I would trade the VTX on. It has the power of the VTX1800 and the light feel and handling of my VTX1300
    Last edited by ctgblue; 10-05-2009 at 06:21 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by xerik126x View Post
    Ducati 748 as my first bike, Pros and Cons?
    I agree with a lot of what the last guy said.
    Pro's: really cool bike

Cons: NOT A BEGINNER BIKE
    Which means, you need skill to ride this bike safely, I have been riding 34 years, MOST WRECKS occur on 600 class sportbikes (which this is) because they get bought by newbie riders who haven't mastered the basics of safe riding FIRST
    Start off with something that handles and stops great but with not a spikey powerband like these bikes have
    You need to learn how to RIDE first
    Many of the ones mentioned above are great, have plenty of power for your size and are cheap to buy and to maintain (Ducati is none of those)
    Ride one of them for a couple of years before deciding to buy a "gonna kill myself on" bike
    Take the basic riders course, then BEFORE buying the next bike, Take the INTERMEDIATE riders course
    be careful, don't be another squid poster boy sport bike statistic
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got a few bikes.....

2003 Honda CBR 600rr Race Bike
    2004 Honda CBR 600rr Race Bike
    2008 Honda CBR 600rr Street Bike

but total in my garage we have 7 we also have a
    98 Suzuki 750 GSX-R Showbike
    01 Yamaha R-6 ( loaner/beater bike)
    04 Honda CRF-150 (My Step-Daughters)
    04 Honda CBR 600rr Street Bike (my girls daily bike)

Here is a few pics...
    This is my 03 Race bike... at a track day

Here is my 04 Race bike.... my girl rode it for the same track day

dont have pic of my 08 anywhere right now ill post one later, but its the Flat black graffiti version.

BUt even my dog loves motorcycles, well at least when his daddy gets new tires ! lol

Last edited by madmax95gtr; 10-05-2009 at 08:27 AM.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Visit my photography site
    www.motomuttphotography.com

Animal/USPLabs/Optimum Nutrition Addict

23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 23Chills has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Canada doesn't count
    Not a state and you guys talk funny...

How long can you ride up there until the roads get dangerous anyway?

I've become a big sissy
    it's in the low 50's here in the AM and I'm driving the car and riding after lunch, I just got my zip out liner today and zipped back in
    I used to ride in So Cal down to the low 40's upper 30's (I only had 10 miles of cold as hell and then hit the coastal plain where it was 50+)
    lol

I guess it depends where you live, I can typically ride until it gets to about -5 and after that I can't get the tires warm enough to safely ride. Snow starts in late October, Early November here.

J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J-Peg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 23Chills View Post
    lol

I guess it depends where you live, I can typically ride until it gets to about -5 and after that I can't get the tires warm enough to safely ride. Snow starts in late October, Early November here.

Ride year round here in Texas
    -=BMBC underground=-

*Lone Star Crew*

R.I.P. Miscimus

R.I.P. Zyzz - God of Aesthetics

sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How bout some girls and bikes pics?

please contribute your favorites

Originally Posted by sark View Post
    No way, we does not like hot girlz and bikes

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

www.WLForums.com

madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50) madmax95gtr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No way, we does not like hot girlz and bikes

this for the win....
    Last edited by madmax95gtr; 10-08-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Visit my photography site
    www.motomuttphotography.com

Animal/USPLabs/Optimum Nutrition Addict

xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000) xerik126x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sark View Post

please contribute your favorites
    serious zoom potential....
    Get off my internet podefile
    Giants, Rangers, Yankees, Knicks

sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    guzzi

Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Windscreen does nothing for it. No discernable wind direction and it messes with the super cool looks.

Just my opinion of course. That and a $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee in most places.
    The main reason i got it is to protect the guage cluster from rocks. Honda guages are plastic and one good rock off a truck will do some damage. Ive seen pics.

Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just bought a 2007 suzuki gs500e with 1500 miles for 2000$

havent ridden it yet.. never have ridden any motorcycle actually. Planning on taking the msf class this weekend. Any tips/suggestions?
    Last edited by Heiber; 10-14-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Originally Posted by Heiber View Post
    just bought a 2007 suzuki gs500e with 1500 miles for 2000$

havent ridden it yet.. never have ridden any motorcycle actually. Planning on taking the msf class this weekend. Any tips/suggestions?
    you bought an almost perfect starter bike
    take the class, listen, do what they say,
    never ride without a helmet (full face/convertible is preferable to keep from having a permanet facial scar when you eventually go down)
    try to always wear gloves
    jeans/long pants are a must (leg burns or road rash just happens, and a little pea gravel - at 50 weighs 400lbs when it hits you), a jacket is preferable (they make inexpensive protective jackets in mesh for summer and textile or leather for winter)

here's the site to get you gear on closeout, I just got a $300 leather jacket for $79
    http://www.newenough.com/
    closeouts
    http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/
    bargain basement (when they buy all the last years stuff from someone and blow it out, where I got mine)
    http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/

Hint's (I trained to be an MSF instructor and have ridden for 33 years)
    1. Drive as if everyone within one mile of you is insane, cannot see you, and IS trying to kill you
    2. Helmet, wear it, no excuses
    3. That SUV, with the driver on the cell phone, DOES NOT SEE you, sure they are looking at you, but they DO NOT SEE YOU and they are about to pull in front of you (see #1)
    4. If you are about to panic brake through a turn, LET GO of the brake and make the damn turn, chances are, the bike and tires will get you through it, most single bike accidents are panic breaking through a turn and running off the road
    5. Stunt videos, they are idiots, they break bones all the time and still do this crap, they will feel 80 at 30, don't watch them
    6. Practice your hard breaking in a huge parking lot, practice tight uturns, etc.. LEARN YOUR BIKE, you are gonna have to tunr in that little ass circle to get your license, you better be able to do it
    7. Once you get your license, and can ride some one on the back, THEY ALWAYS wear a full face helmet, no dying because of your mistakes
    8. Rider on the back - NEVER SCARE THEM, it's not cool, they will fear motorcycles and not want to get on one or have their kids do so in the future, plus - it will definitely nix chances of you getting laid
    9. Helmet - wear it, NO EXCUSES

hm... did I repeat something, yea, helmet, I personally knew a dozen guys who are dead from survivable crashes from no helmet, 5 of them had small kids, almost all were married, no excuse. I have also worked with brain damaged guys from MC accidents with no helmet, you would rather not be one - very sad. Most of the accidents were relatively low speed (<40), surface streets, involving cars that did not see them

BE CAREFUL, RIDE A LONG TIME

you are not a big guy, so I'm guessing a 40-44 jacket, here's some suggestions, if you think medium, don't be afraid of large, I got an XXL and it 'just barely' fits my chest but swims the waist
    http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/t...le_jacket.html
    http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html
    http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html
    http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/l...le_jacket.html
    Last edited by ctgblue; 10-15-2009 at 06:30 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000) Ultra_Magnus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^
    I got full armor jacket, gloves, boots and a helmet, and i still feel naked.

Saving for armored leggings next.

Buell has closed it doors.

www.buell.com
    www.WLForums.com

Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Heiber is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^thanks for the tips/advice

I got the title , signed by the seller.. he took the licence plate so i guess i need to take the title to the DMV and apply for a new licence plate or re-register it, can i do this before getting a motorcycle endorsement? also do i need to bring the motorcycle down there to get a plate or do i just need the title?

Originally Posted by Heiber View Post
    ^thanks for the tips/advice

I got the title , signed by the seller.. he took the licence plate so i guess i need to take the title to the DMV and apply for a new licence plate or re-register it, can i do this before getting a motorcycle endorsement? also do i need to bring the motorcycle down there to get a plate or do i just need the title?
    take the title, that's all you need, make sure the VIN matches, it's on the frame or triple clamp neck area, they'll make you pay taxes and give you the tags
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post

www.buell.com
    Man that SUCKS
    The ONLY American sportbike
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Man that SUCKS
    The ONLY American sportbike
    I know, Erik Buell looked like he was going to cry in that video. Felt bad for the guy.
    www.WLForums.com

I know, Erik Buell looked like he was going to cry in that video. Felt bad for the guy.
    U on wristtwisters.com brah? think i saw you there.

Originally Posted by Ultra_Magnus View Post
    U on wristtwisters.com brah? think i saw you there.
    Hellz yea. I don't post there much anymore though. I used to have a 919 back in the day.
    www.WLForums.com

kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyli3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CMRCrider View Post
    Your from mxforum.com right? I think Ive seen you post there before. Welcome to bb.com
    Yeah dude that's me!

What's your name on there?

AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnthonyBishop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ne socal riders in here?
    If you want drastic results you need to take drastic measures.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

www.buell.com

Two months ago this would have upset me, but not after that bull$**** Blast ad campaign. Way to alienate your customers a$$hole (eric buell).