Thread: Creatine?

Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Creatine?

Hey, everyone i recent visted a local supplement store around my area, and i was talking with one of the people that work there about creatine, and he was telling me that you need to take it with sugar to help the creatine release into the muscle, i was wondering if that was true, cuz i have been just taking regular creatine powder with water, and i was just wanting to know if taking it with like orange juice which has 27(g)'s of sugar in it for 8 onuces i believe, would be better than taking just the powder and water. And what do you all suggest i should take creatine wise i have been taking Higher Power Creatine Monohydrate 100% Pure, so any feed back would help, Thanks

-dots

DerekB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Creatine?

Originally posted by Dots
    Hey, everyone i recent visted a local supplement store around my area, and i was talking with one of the people that work there about creatine, and he was telling me that you need to take it with sugar to help the creatine release into the muscle, i was wondering if that was true, cuz i have been just taking regular creatine powder with water, and i was just wanting to know if taking it with like orange juice which has 27(g)'s of sugar in it for 8 onuces i believe, would be better than taking just the powder and water. And what do you all suggest i should take creatine wise i have been taking Higher Power Creatine Monohydrate 100% Pure, so any feed back would help, Thanks

-dots
    If you get just pure creatine, you want to take it with some simple carbs (glucose or dextrose is best) to create an insulin spike, which transports the creatine into your muscles very quickly and more efficiently.

This is especially usefull post workout as you need to replenish your body with nutrients you've depleted. I mix glucose & creatine in my post workout shakes, and down a homeade protein & vitamin mix afterwards as well while I still have the insulin spike.

Aot of creatine already has sugar in it (they call it transport systems) like Cell-Tech, EAS Phos****en, Pinnacles Juiced Creatine ect.

Its cheaper and just as effective to get pure creatine monohydrate, and buy some dextrose or glucose and mix them together in a shake.

Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zipp536 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OR you could just mix it in some purple grape juice which has about 42g of carbs for 8 oz. DO NOT mix it in highly acidic juices/drinks such as orange juice, lemonade, etc. Stay with either purple grape or even apple juice if for whatever reason you cant get grape juice.
    "only those who can see the invisible, can accomplish the impossible!" - mondesi02

DerekB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Zipp536
    OR you could just mix it in some purple grape juice which has about 42g of carbs for 8 oz. DO NOT mix it in highly acidic juices/drinks such as orange juice, lemonade, etc. Stay with either purple grape or even apple juice if for whatever reason you cant get grape juice.
    Yup. I personally never have any juice in my house though since I do not buy it :P

Easier for me just to buy glucose and carry it in my gym bag with my creatine and mix in a shaker after my workout

Either way works, just make sure to use only grape or apple juice if you do it that way.

Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dots has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

dextrose or glucose?

Hey, i was wondering what are good brands of dextrose and glucose, and the cheapest, cuz i have to watch my budget.