Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000) Tucdaddy is just really nice. (+1000)

A Review of Adipokinetix

Mike at Forge Nutrition sent me a few samples of their fat burner, Adipokinetix, so I'd thought I'd share my thoughts on the product. Below is a description taken from BB.com, along with its supplement facts:

In the not-too-distant past, the name "Adipokinetix" signified the smoothest, safest, and most potent way to lose unwanted bodyfat. Unlike the harsh stimulating action of ephedra-based formulas, Adipokinetix was based upon the superior and pleasantly stimulating 1R,2S norephedrine. Producing an almost cult following, Adipokinetix was unmatched in its efficacy until it was forced off the market along with all ephedrine-like dietary supplements. Unwilling to attach the name "Adipokinetix" to just any ole fat burning formula, we have spent an inordinate amount of time and resources to find a formula equal to the original Adipokinetix in terms of feeling and effect. Finally, after much time and research on this project, we found a formula that is every bit as good (if not better) than the original Adipokinetix formula. It is so good that we are basing the entire success of Forge off of this one product.

Although the feeling and effect of Forge's Adipokinetix is at least as good as the original, the formula has changed in significant ways. The old Adipokinetix was formulated around 1R,2S norephedrine while the new Adipokinetix is formulated around norphenefrine. Norphenefrine is an adrenaline-like amine that naturally occurs in the human body. We consider this ingredient the par excellance of fat burning ingredients and is unmatched in its effect and potency. Like 1R,2S norephedrine, it has been shown in studies to activate specific adrenergic receptors which powerfully mobilize and burn fat.

We have also added caffeine but not the cheap, typical, run-of-the-mill caffeine that is so commonly used. We developed an entirely new caffeine molecule called dicaffeine malate. This buffered caffeine salt is not only more gentle on the stomach but is also more effective due to the shuttling effect of the malate ion as well as its positive effects on energy replenishment. Like the original Adipokinetix formula, we decided to continue to use Yohimbine HCL. A tried and tested dietary supplement, Yohimbine HCL assists in the mobilization of fatty acids and works specifically with norphenephrine to target those hard-to-lose fatty areas like the midsection, hips, and thighs. Finally, we added modest amounts of phenethylamine, green tea extract, bergenin, velvet bean extract and synephrine to round out the formula and provide the energy and fat burning capability of a world class fat burner.

What's In It?

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings Per Container: 180

Amount Per Serving:

Base Formula: 250mg
    -DiCaffeine malate
    -Green Tea Leaf Extract
    (standardized for 60% EGCG and 90% catechins)
    -Velvet Bean Extract
    -Norphenephrine HCL

Potentiating Formula: 312mg
    -Bergenia Root Extract
    (standardized for 99% bergenin)
    -Phenethylamine HCL
    -Synephrine HCL
    -Yohimbine HCL

Other Ingredients:
    Microcrystalline cellulose, kosher gelatin, titanium dioxide.

Directions: Take 1-2 capsules 30-60 minutes before meals one to three times daily.

Findings

It's very hard to evaluate a fat burner based on a single sample, because performance will obviously be determined by fat loss over a greater time interval. I'll concentrate my efforts on ease of use, focus, energy, cost, and ingredient profile.

Ease of Use: 8/10

Only one pill to take. Other fat burners I've tried have had up to three horse pills to swallow.

Focus: 9/10

This is something I always expect from a fat burner/energy type of supplement, and Adipokinetix delivered. You get that feel good "I can do anything mentality" shortly after taking it, and I'm pretty stim tolerant. Phenethylamine, known for its mood elevating properties, is included in the ingredient profile. I must admit I liked taking this stuff.

Energy: 9/10

To me, this is similar to focus. Every fat burner should make get you amped to lift. The second day I took it, I popped a pill when I woke up to get me going. I felt more awake and alert within 15 minutes of taking it and felt it helped me power through my day.

Cost: 9/10

You can get Adipokinetix for $38.79 at BB.com which will give you 180 servings at 22 cents per serving. A price comparison of other similiar products on BB.com showed that Adipokinetix was priced lower than approximately 3/4 of the other products listed if you look at price per serving.

Ingredient Profile: 9/10

It's hard to tell exactly how much of each ingredient is in Adipokinetix based on the proprietary formula, but it seems pretty solid. The old stand-bys caffeine, green tea extract, synephrine, and yohimbine are included, along with a few others I hadn't heard of. I really like the addition of the mood elevating phenethylamine, and I'm starting to see the addition of PEA in more and more products recently.

Overall: 8.8/10

Like I mentioned before, it's pretty hard to properly evaluate a fat burner based on a few samples, but I did my best. The real test will be your results after taking a full bottle, along with a proper diet and exercise strategy.