Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Side Deltoid Development

I feel that I really lack in my side delts. I do a variety of exercises for shoulders, including side raises on cables and side raises with dumbbells, both which hit the side delts. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to develope my side delts better?
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 176lbs.
    Powerlifting Class: 165

Bench Press: 330 raw, w/pause, in competition @165
    (2X BW!)
    Squat: 275x20 (not a breathing set)
    Deadlift: 415+
    Weighted Dips: BW + 160x1
    BW + 135x5
    BW + 90 x 12-15

BestoftheWorst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Upright rows are nice. They hit your traps and your biceps as well as your lateral delts.

Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by BestoftheWorst
    Upright rows are nice. They hit your traps and your biceps as well as your lateral delts.

And can mess up your RC relly well.

I think one has to stick to the basics. Don't the side laterals work? More is not always better. Just do millitary preses, side and rear laterals and I doubt you will need much more for shoulders.

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do not do Upright Rows. When doing laterals with DB's, make sure you are leading with your elbows and not your hands, this will help emphasize the side delt better. Also make sure your diet is on order, that you're getting enough calories to support growth.
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If your side delts aren'e developing and you are doing those exercises, then it means you are not using the side delts when you do side laterals and the like.

In other words, you are probably cheating.

Cut the weight in half and use correct form so that only the side delts are doing the work. If you can't hold each and every rep for 1/2 to 1 full second at the top, then the weight is too much.

ozza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing snatch high pulls recently and have felt it in my side delts a lot more than i normally do with lateral raises, not sure how good this exercise is for the delts, but i do get soreness in them the next day.

Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rassler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think I will try to lead with my elbows to allow for a more strict movement.

Thanks!
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 176lbs.
    Powerlifting Class: 165

Bench Press: 330 raw, w/pause, in competition @165
    (2X BW!)
    Squat: 275x20 (not a breathing set)
    Deadlift: 415+
    Weighted Dips: BW + 160x1
    BW + 135x5
    BW + 90 x 12-15

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Heavier side laterals , one arm style works great for me .......
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) akaMarko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by A-rod
    Bump!
    When doing one arm side raises, hold on to a pole or a piece of heavy equipment with the other arm. You'll be able to lift heavier weight therefore more effective.

regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000) regopsp22 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question questions, questions, questions....

Originally posted by A-rod
    What type of form do you use for these?

Arms straight or at right angles?

Thumbs up or pointing down?

Do you cheat the movement a little for more overload, or is it completely isolated?

thanks
    MyProtein Discount code : MP13318 Thank you please

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I keep my arms as straight as possible , palms facing down and a lil heaving for more overoad
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice