Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

there's no such thing as LOWER CHEST! Grrr!!!

ok you guys, some of you are totally gonna disagree with me, but listen up. As stated in one of the earlier posts, the chest muscle consists of two main parts. There is NO separate lower chest muscle. If you look at a bodybuilder with massive pecs, the line you see underneath the chest is an illusion. It happens because the chest muscles are so heavy that gravity pulls them down, which causes a crease, which looks like lower pec definition. I know for a fact that a lot of the pros don't bother with bull**** decline benches, however incline bench presses are beneficial since they do target the upper head of the chest.

let the argument begin.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: there's no such thing as LOWER CHEST! Grrr!!!

Originally posted by Fatal Error
    I know for a fact that a lot of the pros don't bother with bull**** decline benches, however incline bench presses are beneficial since they do target the upper head of the chest.

let the argument begin.

I for one would love to there the answer to this one.

Anyone with any true knowledge on this one ???

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

That is true that a lot of guys don't do decline bench. However, a lot of guys also make sure they do it. It is true that there are only two muscles in your chest. Pectoralis major and minor. These can be worked by incline and flat presses. Flat presses work some of both while incline works mainly the minor and decline works mainly the major. That is why people do decline presses. The defined line in the bottom of the chest comes from having a large pectoralis major, while a full upper chest comes from a massive pectoralis minor. So if you are having a hard time increasing the size of the major, decline presses will help you get that lower line. Also, flat presses put a lot of stress on the front delts and the rotator cuff, decline presses do not put so much stress on those areas.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think that there is a such a thing as a lower chest. My chest is not very big in general, but my lower chest is a lot thicker than the rest of my chest. My middle, and especially upper chest are relatively flat, but the bottom of my chest sticks out from the rest of the muscle. Other people have noticed this too and commented that it looks strange.
    Last edited by Tim; 11-26-2001 at 01:15 PM.

light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250) light has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb

That is strange. It probably means that your pectoralis minor is very small. It is actually under the pectoralis major and makes the upper and middle pec major stick out when it is bigger. So if it is small and your pec major is big, it will look like you have and abnormally thick lower chest.

ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThugNinja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

my grandma has a lower chest
    this ninjun be gettin crunk like an injun

it is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: there's no such thing as LOWER CHEST! Grrr!!!

Originally posted by Fatal Error
    ok you guys, some of you are totally gonna disagree with me, but listen up. As stated in one of the earlier posts, the chest muscle consists of two main parts. There is NO separate lower chest muscle. If you look at a bodybuilder with massive pecs, the line you see underneath the chest is an illusion. It happens because the chest muscles are so heavy that gravity pulls them down, which causes a crease, which looks like lower pec definition. I know for a fact that a lot of the pros don't bother with bull**** decline benches, however incline bench presses are beneficial since they do target the upper head of the chest.

let the argument begin.
    You are sadly mistaken. The reason that a lot of people don't do decline presses has nothing to do with the design of the pectoral muscle. It has to do with safety and the fact that flat benches already work the lower part of the chest. The fact of the matter is that there are more than on head on the pecs. There is a definate lower head and a larger upper head. This is not simply my opinion on the matter but fact!

peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gentlemen
    Weighted parallel bar dips is a single exercise that can hit the entire chest.(not to mention delts and tris) No need to do 3 different presses. Did that in my younger years. Waste of time and leads to overtraining and injury. Presses in general are very difficult on the shoulder girdle.
    Keep hittin'.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)

Angry

What can I say?? Anyone elso who has gone to the anatomy labs and done the study can take me on in this but...

Pec major - 2 heads, each with a different nerve supply, different fibre orientation, can contract and develop independently of each other, are worked differently with different exercises, can be worked together.

Pec minor - small muscle that is difficult to strengthen and if strong and tight pulls the collarbone down. Not musch to do with bulking here.

Refer to my other posts and piccy attachments.

Correct naming for upper chest - pectoralis major clavicular head
    Lower chest - pectoralis major sternal head
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

FLEXX_ON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FLEXX_ON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FLEXX_ON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FLEXX_ON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FLEXX_ON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FLEXX_ON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FLEXX_ON has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey ..
    in dorian yates mass buidling schedual he said jsut do incline presses and flat presses. At the gym that i go to i dont see any of the big guys doin decline presses.

but on the other hand ronnie coleman reckons do flat, incline and decline.

This other guy in the gym said to me just to inccline and flat and gravity will pull it the pec down

but i aslo read anoter chest routine.....15 degree bench press, dumbell flatt press and flyes work the entire chest complex.

so i dont know..i do declin presses, flat presses and incline presses..and flyes all in one chest workout. im gonna change me routine now to exlude the flat bench press and im gonna do jsut 15 degree flat bech for lower risk of injury.
    TRAIN LIKE A HORSE, EAT LIKE A PIG AND GROW LIKE ARNY!

Lightbulb

Fresch is right. There are heads on the pec major. Only what I have seen shows three heads, not two. Anyway, that's pretty much it for that. I do the decline and I wouldn't take decline movements out of my routine, I think they're too important to take out.

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have argued this on the last boards and I refuse to get into it again... so I will say this... use all the variations... decline flat and incline.

Architect of Aggression One Man Army's Avatar
    One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThugNinja View Post
    my grandma has a lower chest
    I SEA what you did there...

MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by One Man Army View Post
    wow strong bump

brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude this thread is 6 years old, way to dig up the dead
    see ya at 225

lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lookingswell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in the physiological community it is a fact that THERE IS such a thing as lower chest!!! basically, what you're saying is against accepted scientific fact. plus, i can confirm this with irrefutable personal experience. (there's a different story, however, with the inner/outer chest debate.)

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol.

Blood pressure goes down
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by brad71983 View Post
    dude this thread is 6 years old, way to dig up the dead
    no joke...
    -Once a Marine, Always a Marine...Semper Fi

STEP INTO THE DEMONS LAIR trivium9's Avatar
    trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have never done decline press anything. I have a massive "lower chest" compared to my upper chest. I feel decline are not important to incline in your workout. Inclines and flat are all I do and I have had good results.

With a high intensity workout my whole chest is done from top to bottom with just Incline DB flat bench and flyes

One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by trivium9 View Post
    I have never done decline press anything. I have a massive "lower chest" compared to my upper chest. I feel decline are not important to incline in your workout. Inclines and flat are all I do and I have had good results.

With a high intensity workout my whole chest is done from top to bottom with just Incline DB flat bench and flyes
    declines work your lower chest out more..abit more..try em for a month..youll see...

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Burning fat and lowering water retention will make the lower pectoral definition stand out.

If you are looking for isolation of lower pecs , I would say do decline flies instead of presses...

The problem that I have with declines presses is that in order to really stimulate the chest , one should drop the bar to the chest on the decline.
    This is dangerous at heavy weight. Most people decline and drop the bar to their stomach which make the exercise mostly a tricep/delt movement.

Originally Posted by light View Post
    That is true that a lot of guys don't do decline bench. However, a lot of guys also make sure they do it. It is true that there are only two muscles in your chest. Pectoralis major and minor. These can be worked by incline and flat presses. Flat presses work some of both while incline works mainly the minor and decline works mainly the major. That is why people do decline presses. The defined line in the bottom of the chest comes from having a large pectoralis major, while a full upper chest comes from a massive pectoralis minor. So if you are having a hard time increasing the size of the major, decline presses will help you get that lower line. Also, flat presses put a lot of stress on the front delts and the rotator cuff, decline presses do not put so much stress on those areas.

STEP INTO THE DEMONS LAIR trivium9's Avatar
    trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trivium9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    declines work your lower chest out more..abit more..try em for a month..youll see...
    I don't wany anymore lower chest development. I need to work on my upper chest. I am saying that I have got great chest development without declines and I do not think they are neccessary.

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    #1 - Incline

#2 - Decline

#3 Flat

wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Way to dig up this corpse of a thread and thoroughly f*ck it in the side of its rotting skull.

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WOW. Strong 2001.

antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250) antish has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    how do you get that lower chest separation then?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hopefully in 5 years we'll get the same reaction to an INNER chest thread....

CSCS, ACSM cPT.

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in my opinon if you want a full devloped chest you gotta hit it from all angles

granted the chest isnt split up into three different groups but you can train upper middle and lower
    In Hoots We Trust.

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, a six year-old thread is resurrected...

Someone knows how to SEARCH for a change :-)
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Originally Posted by badreligion View Post
    in my opinon if you want a full devloped chest you gotta hit it from all angles

granted the chest isnt split up into three different groups but you can train upper middle and lower
    hes right./.