SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)

Why am I always Nauseous after working out and could never eat?

man majority of the time after i work out i feel deadly nauseous. if i move to quick or think about food, like my very important post shake i feel like puking. like i feel like crap right now, and i dunno why, could never start to drink my pw shake or even eat. and majority of the time its like this but tonight it was horrible and i still feel like ****, like worse than the flu crap. why is that? is there anything i could take to prevent this? thanks.

Moses08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moses08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Moses08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you do a proper warm-up? I know that if I don't warm up properly I can get nasuseous or get a migraine. Also, make sure you're staying hydrated.

ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChicagoGreg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We used to take Rolaids before training legs to prevent nausea it also helped to not toss your lunch if you got a little crazy on leg day.

ROLAIDS!
    If that doesn't work you can take it up to the next level but that should do it.
    Dramamine (sp) also helps alot.Meclizine (proposed INN is meclozine) is an antihistamine, considered to be an antiemetic. It is most commonly used to inhibit nausea and vomiting. An alternative to dimenhydrinates like Dramamine, Meclizine is considered to perform the same functions at an equitable level of effectiveness, but with reduced side effects.
    Hey they even have tasty flavors now
    Last edited by GregoryAsh; 05-29-2007 at 10:58 PM.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    man majority of the time after i work out i feel deadly nauseous. if i move to quick or think about food, like my very important post shake i feel like puking. like i feel like crap right now, and i dunno why, could never start to drink my pw shake or even eat. and majority of the time its like this but tonight it was horrible and i still feel like ****, like worse than the flu crap. why is that? is there anything i could take to prevent this? thanks.
    It's a LONG SHOT GUESS... but insulin levels fluctuate BIG TIME due to a intense workout. Try supplementing with some carbs during training to see if that helps. Keep on sipping on the carb mixture into the post-workout window as well.

If that isn't possible... try a granola bar immediately pre and immediately post training. Try to consume the post-training granola bar BEFORE the nausea hits.

Good question, and keep us updated !
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you taking anything pre workout like a shake? You might try having some whey about 45 minutes before just so you're not working out on a completely empty stomach. Unless it's a crazy leg day, you shouldn't really feel nauseous after a workout.
    "From apes or sons of God, let every act be sacred. " Killing Joke

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    alright thanks for all your help. i will try your guys advice. thanks

but hey, like right now its been about an hour since i came home from the gym and i know i wont be able to keep down anything. im sipping on a gatorade right now which is making me feel a little more at ease. but man i know its a must to get a high amount of prot and carbs after you lift, but i cant. how bad is it going to hurt me and my gains by not eating anything the rest of the night? i have some ZMA pills, will that help any with my recover and lack of pw nutrients?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    but hey, like right now its been about an hour since i came home from the gym and i know i wont be able to keep down anything. im sipping on a gatorade right now which is making me feel a little more at ease. but man i know its a must to get a high amount of prot and carbs after you lift, but i cant. how bad is it going to hurt me and my gains by not eating anything the rest of the night? i have some ZMA pills, will that help any with my recover and lack of pw nutrients?
    Focus on the long term solution... not one day.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    Focus on the long term solution... not one day.
    ya thats true.
    but hey not to disgust you guys but lol. man i was sitting at my cp and my mouth started watering like a freakin foutain and i jetted to the bathroom and barely made like i dont think i have ever blew this much chunks, like seriously i was actually choking on it. man it looked like i puked out my whole days worth of food. but to tell you the truth, i doubt this is the reason but as a i was puking, ofcourse besides the taste of puke, i also tasted the Animal Pak that i took after my last small meal with was tuna sandwhich, which was over an hour before my workout. lol but man my stomach feels like a million dollars even though mentally i feel like crap.

R-Tank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use too feel ill after every workout as well, and i found out it was dew to me being unfit as i wasn't doing any cardio at the time time, also i would feel ill if i would take multivitamins and such on a empty stomach.

Originally Posted by R-Tank View Post
    I use too feel ill after every workout as well, and i found out it was dew to me being unfit as i wasn't doing any cardio at the time time, also i would feel ill if i would take multivitamins and such on a empty stomach.
    cool thanks for the input. i dunno if im that out of shape in turns of cardio and that area. but also what would be a good way to add that stuff in during bulking? thanks

TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TitaniumULTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bowl of oatmeal pre/w/o does wonders. Out of curiousity what time of day is your workout?

I've been doing early mornings for a while now and went through a stage where every workout made me sick. I figured out later the main cause to be over-training HOWEVER I also made improvements by having some low gi carbs pre/w/o

Could you be overtraining?
    Feed the Machine

Originally Posted by TitaniumULTD View Post
    Bowl of oatmeal pre/w/o does wonders. Out of curiousity what time of day is your workout?

I've been doing early mornings for a while now and went through a stage where every workout made me sick. I figured out later the main cause to be over-training HOWEVER I also made improvements by having some low gi carbs pre/w/o

Could you be overtraining?
    really, the only time of the day besides tuesday i could only workout at night, i go around 9:30pm, plus the place is nearly empty instead of loaded with young kinds who full around or seriously body builders who dont let you touch crap.

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I used to train in the morning I'd have to eat a bagel or some crackers before & during workout. Probably not the best workout nutrition, but it had to be done or I'd be naseous as hell.
    Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

"I'm not cheating, I'm winning!" - my 5-yr old son

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted by Team Enzyte View Post
    When I used to train in the morning I'd have to eat a bagel or some crackers before & during workout. Probably not the best workout nutrition, but it had to be done or I'd be naseous as hell.
    alright thanks. i try these things out and i will let u guys know. thanks

Shunned, Unshunned UberBerzerker's Avatar
    UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont think i have ever blew this much chunks, like seriously i was actually choking on it.
    Chunks called - he thanks you for the compliment and is wondering if you're free Saturday night!

Badda Bing!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    If its not good for pregnant women then why would it be good for me. - MegaPump

Originally Posted by UberBerzerker View Post
    Chunks called - he thanks you for the compliment and is wondering if you're free Saturday night!

Badda Bing!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    lol its cool, i set myself up for that. but seriously, it was crazy.

Shunned, Unshunned UberBerzerker's Avatar
    UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol its cool, i set myself up for that. but seriously, it was crazy.

also, make sure your blood sugar levels aren't too low, and you inhale/exhale fully while exercising legs with that much intensity. Always helped me from getting too sick.
    If its not good for pregnant women then why would it be good for me. - MegaPump

R-Tank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well sd i use swimming to keep my fitness up during a bulk!

Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stevenisthug will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    check this... not sure if its true but... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2978811
    You heard it here first.

i rep back 50+

Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100) Nub$auce is not very well liked. (-100)
    I used to get nausous too. This is my formula that never fails

1 scoop protein, half cup oats ground in coffee grinder, tablespoon of honey. Shake it all together.
    Take it 1 to 1.5 hours pre workout.

Dunno it makes a huge diff in my workout, might be worth a shot.