hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplayer45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Training For Strength and Power

Because I play hockey I want to be strong and powerful on the ice, but also look good off the ice. I have been following Rippetoes for 2.5 months and have made great gains, but want to start something new so I can really focus on strength and power. I need opinions on the following...will I get results with this?

Strength and Power lifts:
    - Squat
    - Lunges
    - Deadlift
    - Power Clean
    - Bench Press (BB or DB?)
    - Military Press
    - Bent Over Rows

My goal is to look like "King Alex" from these forums. He is 5'6" 145lbs. He has a few pics on bodyspace- http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Ki...n=progresspics

I hope he doesn't mind me posting his bodyspace.

I am 5'8" 153lbs right now. I think if I want to look like that I will need to put on 10-15lbs. Here are a few pics of me- http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ho...ction=progress

Assuming I am eatting enough, getting enough rest, and training consistanly will I be able to achieve the look I'm looking for with heavy compound lifts or do I need the isolation lifts too?

saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500) saint iron is not very helpful. (-500)
    gaining strength and size, isnt a sprint, its a marathan, you're simply not giving it enough time

and as for tryign to look like someone else, forget about it, its his genetics, you'll never look like him. Everyone is different, you can only be what you can be.

Trying to look like someone else, is just setting yourself up for failure, but theres nothing wrong with role models, and for a role model i think your shooting pretty low.

If you want power and strength, stick with rippetoes, and milk your linear progression to the max, and then perhaps look for some methodology that isa little advanced; WS4SB for instance, caters for athletes.

But youre just aswell sticking with rippetoes