violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Should I do Yates style BB rows?

They're when you use a supinated grip when doing barbell curls, if you didn't know. I normally don't do 'em and yeah it involves the biceps more as a primary difference, but do any of you have strong convictions that it's necessary for a well-developed back?
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you sure that's right?

I thought yates row was in a half standing position (back bent at 45 degrees) with knees slightly bent.

You use an underhand grip and row with it...

http://www.stumptuous.com/badrow.html

scroll down

Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Zoupa
    Are you sure that's right?

I thought yates row was in a half standing position (back bent at 45 degrees) with knees slightly bent.

You use an underhand grip and row with it...

http://www.stumptuous.com/badrow.html

scroll down
    You sir are correct!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by V5RED [/i]
    [B]lets say ronnie is a pepperoni and sausage pizza

The crust is thick and firm, not too soft not too hard, just right to chew the cheese is thick and gooey but not sloppy and no oil pools the pepperonis and sausage bits are perfectly evenly spaced out and taste great the sauce is full of flavor and a perfect blend of tomato and spices
    but, covering the middle of the pizza in a circle that takes up half the pizza
    is a giant turd. Will you eat the pizza? or will you pick a pizza that has everything together even tho its not as amazing as the first pizza, because unlike the first pizza it has no turd on it
    a distended gut on an otherwise amazing phisique is like a giant turd on an otherwise perfect pizza [/B][/QUOTE]

Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ciups is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Now that I re-read the original post it sounds like he doesnt know what supinated means...

PS 65 SECOND RULE SUX! MAKE IT 30!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by V5RED [/i]
    [B]lets say ronnie is a pepperoni and sausage pizza

The crust is thick and firm, not too soft not too hard, just right to chew the cheese is thick and gooey but not sloppy and no oil pools the pepperonis and sausage bits are perfectly evenly spaced out and taste great the sauce is full of flavor and a perfect blend of tomato and spices
    but, covering the middle of the pizza in a circle that takes up half the pizza
    is a giant turd. Will you eat the pizza? or will you pick a pizza that has everything together even tho its not as amazing as the first pizza, because unlike the first pizza it has no turd on it
    a distended gut on an otherwise amazing phisique is like a giant turd on an otherwise perfect pizza [/B][/QUOTE]

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    im pretty sure dorian ****ed up his bicep when he did these supinated rows.

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Ciups
    Now that I re-read the original post it sounds like he doesnt know what supinated means...

PS 65 SECOND RULE SUX! MAKE IT 30!
    I think he just doesn't know what they are.

WHen I do yates rows I don't feel them more in my biceps, but I feel my middle back doing most of the work, not so much my lats.

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Supinated: When holding your hand out so that your palm is facing toward you. So its the same as an underhand grip.

So I got the supinated part correct.

I however, did not know that you stood more erect while doing Yates style rows.. I thought it was the same as BB row except for the grip. I did hear that Yates tore his bicep or something doing them.

So ****ers, do any of you do them?? lol
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

Originally posted by violinlifter
    Supinated: When holding your hand out so that your palm is facing toward you. So its the same as an underhand grip.

So I got the supinated part correct.

I however, did not know that you stood more erect while doing Yates style rows.. I thought it was the same as BB row except for the grip. I did hear that Yates tore his bicep or something doing them.

So ****ers, do any of you do them?? lol
    Supinated means hammer grip, and then twisting them inwards to an underhand grip as you go up, which is only possible with dumbbells

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/DBCurl.html

^ That's supinating.

And yeah I do them, they are ok but I like regular bb or underhand bb rows better.

Supinated means hammer grip, and then twisting them inwards to an underhand grip as you go up, which is only possible with dumbbells

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Biceps/DBCurl.html

^ That's supinating.

And yeah I do them, they are ok but I like regular bb or underhand bb rows better.
    I'm sorry but I've gotta disagree with ya...

"Supinating" means you're changing your grip to a supinated grip, which is just having pams facing you. Supinated doesn't mean hammer grip.. I just call that a neutral grip (maybe there's a more specific term). If you don't believe me look up the grips for pullups--supinated and pronated. Pronated would be having your palms facing away from you.

su·pi·nate Audio pronunciation of supinated ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sp-nt)
    v. su·pi·nat·ed, su·pi·nat·ing, su·pi·nates
    v. tr.

1. To turn or rotate (the hand or forearm) so that the palm faces up or forward.
    2. To turn or rotate (the foot) by adduction and inversion so that the outer edge of the sole bears the body's weight.

Look it up on dictionary.com.

Supinated is turning the hand so it is an underhand grip, not just having underhand to begin with. Ask anyone on these boards, you can't argue with a dictionary definition.

And it has supinated underneath as bearing the same meaning...

WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how the f*** would you do BARBELL rows with a hammer grip? supinated grip is palm facing you, underhand grip.

su·pi·nate Audio pronunciation of supinated ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sp-nt)
    v. su·pi·nat·ed, su·pi·nat·ing, su·pi·nates
    v. tr.

1. To turn or rotate (the hand or forearm) so that the palm faces up or forward.
    2. To turn or rotate (the foot) by adduction and inversion so that the outer edge of the sole bears the body's weight.
    Heh heh I'm not trying to be an ass just so you know, but I think this is fun.

It doesn't matter whether you typed in supinate, supinated, supinating, or supinates at the dictionary website, it'll all refer to the root word "supinate."

To supinate is to rotate the hand so that the palm is facing upward, yes. But supinated (as in completed past tense) means it has already been rotated so thus it's describing a palm-up position.

sikTh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Violin is right about supinated.
    *Obsessed* - A word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated

My Gym Leg press only goes up to 430 lbs...how pathetic

Smile

Originally posted by sikTh
    Violin is right about supinated.

Pydo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pydo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pydo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do yate's barbell rows, and i feel it the next day for sure

I guess you're right violin... I've just always referred to underhand as underhand, and supinating/supinate/supinated as that.

Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Heh heh I'm not trying to be an ass just so you know, but I think this is fun.

It doesn't matter whether you typed in supinate, supinated, supinating, or supinates at the dictionary website, it'll all refer to the root word "supinate."

To supinate is to rotate the hand so that the palm is facing upward, yes. But supinated (as in completed past tense) means it has already been rotated so thus it's describing a palm-up position.
    HAHAHA THAT IVY LEAGUE EDUCATION AT PENN FINALLY PAYING OFF EH? USE YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF MY HEAD WHEN WE HAVE A TEST NEXT SEMESTER K?
    UPenn c/o 2007

Originally posted by Slide
    HAHAHA THAT IVY LEAGUE EDUCATION AT PENN FINALLY PAYING OFF EH? USE YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF MY HEAD WHEN WE HAVE A TEST NEXT SEMESTER K?

You're a homosexual.