Waddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Could you guys critique my diet.

I am trying to eat healthy, but also not just eat crap that tastes like cardboard. I'm not looking to become a fitness model, but I definitely want to look better than I do right now.

I am 6'0", 202lbs, last I measured I was 17% body fat. I've been working out for the last month, weight training Mon-Wed-Ffi, and running 3 miles every Tue/Thurs and occasionally another 3 miles on Saturdays.

This is what I have in my kitchen right now:

Breakfast foods:
    Total Protein cereal
    Lactaid Low Fat Milk
    Chewy Granola Bars
    Orange Juice
    Apples
    Oranges

Snacks:
    Tostitos Rounds chips
    Tostitos Medium Salsa
    Non-salted mixed nuts "less than 50% peanuts"
    Popsicles (so sue me, I gotta sweet tooth)
    Jello (so sue me, I gotta sweet tooth)
    Fat Free Yoplait Yogurt
    All Natural Peanut Butter
    Sugar Free Grape Jelly
    Healthy Choice Turkey Franks

Meals:
    Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    White Albacore Tuna (in the no drain package, I just pop em and eat straight from the package with a fork)
    Beef Loin thin sliced
    Broccoli
    Brown Rice (God I hate this ****, but it's healthy....)
    Natures Own Honey Wheat Bread

Supplements:
    Muscle Milk Protein Powder

-Most days I have the Total cereal for breakfast 8-8:30.
    -Then hit up a protein shake mid-morning 10-11.
    -Then I either have lunch at work, or lunch that I brought. Either way I try to have it be some kind of of beef or chicken, with a side of steamed vegetables.
    -On my workout days I drink a protein shake before and after my workouts, I work out on my lunch break, so on those days the protein shake washes down lunch.
    -Mid afternoon varies for me, on none workout days I'll probably drink another shake, but on workout days sometimes I'll have some Tuna straight from the packet or a granola bar.
    -For dinner I try to do the same as lunch, some kind of chicken or beef with steamed vegetables on the side.
    -I drink water all day long, I have a 32oz cup at my desk and I drink at least 4 of those everyday while at work.

I am not gonna lie I cheat every once in a while, a Jack in the Box burger, pizza if I'm hanging with friends, a snickers bar here and there. And I drink most weekends (3 or 4 in a night usually, but 6 or more if I am really getting trashed) and after work every once in a while, most of the time it's either red bull/vodka or some kind of lite beer (Corona, Shiner, Michelob Ultra).

Could you guys point out the strangths and weaknesses in my diet and suggest some ways in which to improve it. I am open to pretty much anything, but taste is a big deal for me, I can only force myself to eat so much bad tasting ****.

Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50) Harland will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Could you guys critique my diet.

Originally posted by Waddy
    Could you guys point out the strangths and weaknesses in my diet and suggest some ways in which to improve it. I am open to pretty much anything, but taste is a big deal for me, I can only force myself to eat so much bad tasting ****.
    the only strengths i see are:
    Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    White Albacore Tuna (in the no drain package, I just pop em and eat straight from the package with a fork)
    Beef Loin thin sliced
    Broccoli
    Brown Rice (God I hate this ****, but it's healthy....)

other then that everything is basically sugar, and sugar.

couple things, I don't want to get to into it because it would take me a while. but exchange ceral for some otameal, and exchange everything esle for basic complex carb sources.
    Trying to be the best I can be, without having to do my best.

Could you give me some examples of basic complex carb sources?

Anybody?

Bulking Dirty 24/7 HIIT the road's Avatar
    HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HIIT the road is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    there's alot of suggestions on:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stella9.htm

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    breakfast should consist of more protein, like from egg whites.

Also, your snacks are not real good for you. Nuts are great, but try things like beef jerky, soy chips, and baked potato chips. Also, try and incorporate some turkey as that is a great source of lean protein as well as fish.