127.0.0.1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cardio before lifting = bad idea?

For some reason, I love doing 15 min of treadmill cardio prior to lifting. I feel more energized, more pumped. Is this normal? Do you think it will be counter productive with mass gains?

th3 gr34t3st has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) th3 gr34t3st has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) th3 gr34t3st has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) th3 gr34t3st has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) th3 gr34t3st has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) th3 gr34t3st has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Cardio before lifting = bad idea?

Originally posted by 127.0.0.1
    For some reason, I love doing 15 min of treadmill cardio prior to lifting. I feel more energized, more pumped. Is this normal? Do you think it will be counter productive with mass gains?
    if it's just a light warmup then you should be alright. i read somewhere that the warmer your core the more energy output (t-mag i think). dont spend too long warming up however, you dont want to deplete glycogen.
    better than you'll EVER be......

**http://s7.invisionfree.com/Breaking_The_Pain/index.php?act=idx**

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you have to do actual cardio do it after your lifting session. Like the gre34234est said it will deplete your muscle's glycogen stores if you do it before your lifting session. What you are describing sounds more like a warmup. If you don't warmup before you lift you are pretty much retarded for several different reasons, one of which is that I said so.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Bingogym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, unless its really light, stay away from the cardio before lifting. Even if it is light, 15 minutes its a bit too much to warm up. You really will deplete the glycogen levels which is used by your muscles for fuel. Warming up, should be at most 5 minutes or cardio followed by stretching. And the cardio should not leave you breathless or sweating, just should get your blood going.

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Bingogym
    Yeah, unless its really light, stay away from the cardio before lifting. Even if it is light, 15 minutes its a bit too much to warm up. You really will deplete the glycogen levels which is used by your muscles for fuel. Warming up, should be at most 5 minutes or cardio followed by stretching. And the cardio should not leave you breathless or sweating, just should get your blood going.
    good advice
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius