tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tonguey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mentzers HIT and Pete Sisco. Any thoughts?

What do you all think about the HIT philosophy? Like Mike Mentzer saying you should train Monday and then Friday?

Or even that Pete sisco guy saying you should train every three weeks or something?

Is it all bull****? It doesnt sound like Mentzer is so off, but the other guy? come on!

any of you tried their methods with success? Id like to hear about it.
    Last edited by tonguey; 06-26-2004 at 09:54 PM.
    "You killed my family. And I dont like that kind of thing"
    -chosen one-

Julian L. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who the hell is this Pete Sisco guy?
    Is he just someone from the boards selling a book? somebody please explain.
    But honestly, I don't need to know too much about it, training every 3 weeks....Is this a joke? It's some stupid scam. You know anyone who has made good progress training evey 3 weeks? I dont don't, so forget about it.
    As for HIT, personally, I'm not a follower, but I don't think it's all that bad. All in all, I don't think either of these are the best way for you to train. If you want to give HIT a try, go for it, if you want to train once every 3 weeks...well, look at the people in you gym who train ounce every 3 weeks.

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A lot of the logic and reasoning behind HIT, specifically Mentzer's later work, is really flawed. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't do it, enjoy it, and probably gain some muscle and strength as well. There are plenty of guys who, for one reason or another, do HIT and are happy with it.
    There don't seem to be nearly as many people swallowing Sisco's bull**** though. My guess is because his whole idea of negatives/statics being the majority of your workout doesn't have the same "harcore" feel that HIT'ers get from going to failure and beyond in their workouts, so the weak gains are less justifiable.

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)

bet you could make some cash though...

Put together a book that tells people you only have to work out once a month, emphasizing,"Are you tired of all the long, exhausting, hot gruelling days in the gym? Are they just not giving you the results you need and dream of?"

Could make a decent chunk of cash off of a book like that, market it on Oprah or something...
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluehazard/

LG Psarm/Anadraulic State Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113518011

SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Mentzers HIT and Pete Sisco. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by tonguey
    What do you all think about the HIT philosophy? Like Mike Mentzer saying you should train Monday and then Friday?

Or even that Pete sisco guy saying you should train every three weeks or something?

Is it all bull****? It doesnt sound like Mentzer is so off, but the other guy? come on!

any of you tried their methods with success? Id like to hear about it.
    All I can say is that I've been doing HIT for a couple of months (mon, fri), and although i didn't gain much weight (gotta work on my diet) I either go up in reps or weight every single workout.

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    HIT and Sisco, Little's Power Factor, Static Contraction, MCT are quite flawed in their science. Sisco never passed high school science because he had the whole work equation all wrong, spewing out a lot of bull**** with his pseudoscience. I'll say don't waste a full year on them. Try it for a month or so and judge yourself. The whole discussion on PI to gauge improvements was interesting enough though. There are people that swear by it and i've met even more people that swear by it the first few months, then gains would just plummet. More so that they would gain strength initially, but did not necessarily translate into full ROM strength. Mass gains were also mediocre to nonexistent, pretty much like HIT. In many cases, all they got was just fat.
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sisco is a joke imho. He used to be good, but then sold out to the pressure of society.

HIT bad imho; if you want to do something similar though, look into DC(doggcrapp) training

Lenny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lenny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lenny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sisco is full of ****. I did power factor for about two months a couple of years ago, and despite my power index increasing every workout, I lost strength in the full ROM on all my lifts and gained no muscle. A somewhat similar but far more effective training system is Charles Staley's EDT.
    As far as HIT goes, there are now many different styles, and IMHO Mentzer's is one of the worst. Doggcrapp has one of the most effective programs, but it is not for everyone.
    W is for Whoop Ass
    Bush/Cheney '04

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Lenny
    Doggcrapp has one of the most effective programs, but it is not for everyone.
    definately...however it did teach me one thing...i've got very ****ty recovery abilities...it "blew out" my CNS after 1workout, lol.

Oh well

doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) doggzj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll just add one thing to this about PFT.

I've used it, to decent success. I use it as more of a shock then anything now. I had decent success with it when I used it a year back, but not as much as I have with Max-ot right now.

The workout before my week off I normal use that type of workout. Like I said, it's a huge shock to your system. Sorta works on DCs idea that trying something different/changing it up will increase your muscle when you hit the 'wall' on a different excercise.

I wouldn't recommend either for someone trying to grow, decent if you short on time or just maintaining for life (hey, some people are)

jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmack93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dorian Yates anyone?

In John Little's latest book "Max Contraction Training" there's a transcript of a conversation John had with Mike Mentzer about their various systems (apparently they were constantly comparing notes).

Mike talks about how he trained Dorian Yates during his heyday and used many of the principles and elements in what are now PFT/SCT/MCT.

I am not Dorian Yates. I have about the OPPOSITE genetics. PFT and SCT have been the only training systems that have moved my body out of the "runner" look and more towards the "bodybuilder" look. Consistently, predictably, enjoyably, without overtraining.

I walk into the gym, do my workout, watch all the other people still on the same bodypart, walk out. I come back next week, they're doing the same thing, look the same or maybe more tired, and I've grown.

Believe what you want. If you haven't tried it, or trained someone on it, or read the books, or read the studies, you might as well be doing pantomime instead of talking about how someone is trying to scam you, or how it can't/won't work. Proof amounts to one instance of it working, and it works for me.

Might be something better out there for me, but I haven't found it yet.
    "Etz nat uh toomah." - King of Kalifornia