Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Random Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is nitric oxide in preworkout supplements worthless?

Preworkout supps generally are a stimulant, correct?

Caffeine causes blood vessels to constrict.
    Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to dilate.

See the dilemma? Caffeine is a lot cheaper than NO and gives more of an instant gratification. So if you're taking a preworkout supplement with 5g arginine in their "NO matrix" and 300mg of caffeine, why are you paying for the 5g of arginine a scoop when its just going to be overpowered by the caffeine? Why not buy caffeine pills?

Or maybe I'm just not getting something?
    Random Guy, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist
    -Although I offer advice and information, I am not diagnosing or treating anyone
    with anything.

chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chassc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Random Guy View Post
    Preworkout supps generally are a stimulant, correct?

Caffeine causes blood vessels to constrict.
    Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to dilate.

See the dilemma? Caffeine is a lot cheaper than NO and gives more of an instant gratification. So if you're taking a preworkout supplement with 5g arginine in their "NO matrix" and 300mg of caffeine, why are you paying for the 5g of arginine a scoop when its just going to be overpowered by the caffeine? Why not buy caffeine pills?

Or maybe I'm just not getting something?

I take Animal Pump, but I remove the red stimulant pill. FWIW.

2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 2XL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    was bored so i googled caffeine and its effects on blood vessels. Sounds like caff constricts blood vessels in the brain, but cause INCREASED blood flow to the muscles. Here's some links:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/caffeine3.htm
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-pressure/AN00792

Aside from that, I think preworkout NO products do have their use, but they are just way overhyped (and overpriced) imo

Sometimes i take just straight caffeine pre-workout. I'm cycling off caff and NO boosters for at least a month though because i've been using them so long and my tolerance is so high that they really do nothing for me
    oh hai!

dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    its like taking caffeine and creatine at the same time. caffeine is a diuretic and creatine is a cell volumizer so really your cancelling out. thats why i don't use caffeine. that and it doesn't effect me
    "Well I Mean Milk Is Juice From A Cow Right?"

I rep back

R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) R_N_S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ya, and it's 100% black and white like that
    "Live like a bad son of a bitch and let's play some ball"
    - Lawrence Taylor

hang cleans - 315x3
    squats - 365x17, 435x10, 500x1, all with wraps only
    bench - 375x1, 225x23
    incline - 315x3

HARDCORE Croquet

PM me if I owe you reps and it's been 3+ days since the bet

MWISE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MWISE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MWISE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 2XL View Post
    Aside from that, I think preworkout NO products do have their use, but they are just way overhyped (and overpriced) imo

Sometimes i take just straight caffeine pre-workout.
    the only thing that the pre workout products do for me is give me a little energy but it is no different than drinking a couple cups of coffee before heading to the gym.