Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shayne187TM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it okay to deadlift 3x a week?

Is it okay to dead lift 3x a week?

I'm consuming a high amount of Glutamine, And protein.

Monday:Back, Lats, Traps, Abs
    Tuesday:Chest, Biceps, Forearms
    Wednesday:Legs, Shoulders, Triceps, Traps, Abs
    Thursday:Rest
    Friday:Biceps, Triceps, Forearms, Lower Back Abs

sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sugicalmike is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Now this is just my opinion, but I base it off of a powerlifting instructor out of K-Zoo, Michigan.

The routing he has his lifters (powerlifters mind you) going on concerning deadlifts is actually deadlifting everyother week.

Since the deadlift incorporates such a large networking of muscles not just located in the back it is best not to overload them. By constantly exerting heavy amounts of lifting on them you're not only straining the muscles, you are also working your central nervous system (partly due in fact to the number of erector muscles the deadlift works) overtime.

Now mind you, this is an ethos for powerlifters who are putting a lot of weight on and doing intense, heavy lifts for breif periods of time and short reps. It might apply differently if you are training light.

But however you train, it is important to realize there is such a thing as overtraining. So be your best judge, go off of what your body is telling you and go from their.
    "The gods of the valleys are not the gods of the mountains"
    -U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School motto

Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10) Get er Done is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends on the Intensity
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, Then, Is not an act, But a habit. - Aristotle

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    3 times a week is too much, even twice is pushing it unless one session is speed deadlifts as per a westside routine. Deadlifts are a taxing movement, and even if the muscle can recover in time, the CNS will not (this of course, assumes you are deadlift with some form of intensity). I'd even be willing to bet that even top athletes who are taking stuff a lot stronger than 'glutamine' (ha ha) would experience overtraining doing 3 sessions of deadlifts per week.

Surely U Cant Be Serious? APA Lifter's Avatar
    APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cool

Everything has its place. I pull 3-4x a week.

I hope this dosent turn into an argument again with some 130lber who pulls 200lb telling me I dont know what im doing...
    Last edited by APA Lifter; 05-28-2007 at 04:23 AM.
    Selling creatine on the streets to support cell tech habit since 2004.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flying_Fox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by APA Lifter View Post
    Everything has its place. I pull 3-4x a week.

I hope this dosent turn into an argument again with some 130lber who pulls 200lb telling me I dont know what im doing...
    I weigh 136lbs, my max deadlift is 176lbs and you don't know what you're doing.

j/k

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As with any of the other big compounds, frequency depends on volume and intensity. It can be done as long as the other factors are adjusted for it.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    As with any of the other big compounds, frequency depends on volume and intensity. It can be done as long as the other factors are adjusted for it.
    X2, high frequency is great for training the neural patterns associated with the lift but then again as UKstrongman said you have the risk of overtraining if you go beyond your thresh hold especially doing such a taxing lift as deadlifts, it would depend on how heavy you intend on doing each DL session, but I think you could make it work if you addjusted your sets/reps/weights correctly.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Brawler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    X2, high frequency is great for training the neural patterns associated with the lift but then again as UKstrongman said you have the risk of overtraining if you go beyond your thresh hold especially doing such a taxing lift as deadlifts, it would depend on how heavy you intend on doing each DL session, but I think you could make it work if you addjusted your sets/reps/weights correctly.
    Ye, You wouldnt be able to deadlift 3 times a week at 90%+ Intensity each time without really taxing your CNS.

APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) APA Lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Flying_Fox View Post
    I weigh 136lbs, my max deadlift is 176lbs and you don't know what you're doing.

j/k
    I see what you did there.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    deadlifting 3x a week is pretty pointless IMO.

Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Oldtime View Post
    deadlifting 3x a week is pretty pointless IMO.
    I deadlift 2-3 times a week and I have an okay deadlift (deadlift 490 at 183 lbs)

Cool

Originally Posted by Ape escape View Post
    I deadlift 2-3 times a week and I have an okay deadlift (deadlift 490 at 183 lbs)
    Nice job man, get that last 10lb

Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nah man deadlifting 3 times per week is alot.
    * MISC IT expert *
    * Ron Paul for president!! *

Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ape escape has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by APA Lifter View Post
    Nice job man, get that last 10lb
    Thanks man, but I want to get a deadlift like yours in a year

Talking

Originally Posted by Ape escape View Post
    Thanks man, but I want to get a deadlift like yours in a year
    Thanks. But believe it or not, im already sick of it. I want to go higher! lol

Also have some reps.

stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) stronglifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Shayne187TM View Post
    Is it okay to dead lift 3x a week?

I'm consuming a high amount of Glutamine, And protein.

Monday:Back, Lats, Traps, Abs
    Tuesday:Chest, Biceps, Forearms
    Wednesday:Legs, Shoulders, Triceps, Traps, Abs
    Thursday:Rest
    Friday:Biceps, Triceps, Forearms, Lower Back Abs
    Would be too much.

You could do deadlifts on friday & powercleans on monday. Power cleans have a carry over to the deadlift.
    http://stronglifts.com

ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ukstrongman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stronglifts View Post
    Would be too much.

You could do deadlifts on friday & powercleans on monday. Power cleans have a carry over to the deadlift.
    yeah, power cleans are like speed deadlifts. Lots of carryover!!