MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000) MMAJason is just really nice. (+1000)

Wife is having hard time with my diet

Hey all, I am 28 yrs old and looking to get in shape for my first ever contest whenever I am ready. Right now I have to diet to lose bodyfat%, and my diet is bothering my wife. She is upset that I have to eat certain things only and certain things at certain times. She can't stand that she can't cook spaghetti, or lasagna, or rice and gravy, etc for me. She feels like I'm in my own world. I told her I would quit if she really wanted me to but I feel like it's unfair. Is there any way that I can either get her to understand my drive for this, or work something out to where she can cook a good meal for me? I just don't know what to do....we've been married only 2 years and I'm only a few months into the dieting. If it's this bad now, what will happen when pre-contest comes around. She, as well as my mom thinks there should be a balance when eating, but it's hard to explain. Anyway, any help will be appreciated as always. Thanks.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MMAJason View Post
    Hey all, I am 28 yrs old and looking to get in shape for my first ever contest whenever I am ready. Right now I have to diet to lose bodyfat%, and my diet is bothering my wife. She is upset that I have to eat certain things only and certain things at certain times. She can't stand that she can't cook spaghetti, or lasagna, or rice and gravy, etc for me. She feels like I'm in my own world. I told her I would quit if she really wanted me to but I feel like it's unfair. Is there any way that I can either get her to understand my drive for this, or work something out to where she can cook a good meal for me? I just don't know what to do....we've been married only 2 years and I'm only a few months into the dieting. If it's this bad now, what will happen when pre-contest comes around. She, as well as my mom thinks there should be a balance when eating, but it's hard to explain. Anyway, any help will be appreciated as always. Thanks.
    Ask her to cook u meals like grilled/baked chicken and veges, or a nice steak and a potato on the side. Just watch the portion sizes, u can eat that spaghetti u know just dont eat a huge plate of it "fit it into ur macros"
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blast00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so this answer really depends on how serious you are about bodybuilding.

since it appears you are very serious, (you have a contest coming up...), your wife should understand that this is one of your jobs, a source of income maybe. It is something that it necessary to be done to be in pre-contest shape.

if you are doing this as a hobby? I would rethink everything over and maybe think about what your priorities are and discuss them with you and her.
    I eat sleep dream football and baseball.

my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116834161

need motivation? read a summary of my life story: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117343461

I rep back.
    I owe:
    Limons. NoCreativity poopoo333

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    u could always let her cook what she cooks and weigh some of it out.

u could have her cook less (quantity) and she can eat what she cooks, and u eat w/e u eat.

tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50) tabasco.sauce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that's cute...
    The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000) Samamo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat her. nutritious meal, nagging gone=problem solved.

Nah hmmm sounds like a difficult situation maybe give her a list of foods you can eat and she can make some new recipes if that is what she enjoys doing. Or if she feels like this is just extra work for her and that is the problem then maybe help out with the cooking. Maybe involve her in your new healthy lifestyle and she will enjoy the foods as well and she will feel like the change is no big deal. Good luck

lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lorinelise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Samamo View Post
    Maybe involve her in your new healthy lifestyle
    This.

Obviously if your wife is feeling like you're isolating and "in your own world" then she isn't included in your lifestyle changes. Maybe spend some time searching new recipes she can cook? Your wife probably loves to cook for you (like I do for my boyfriend ) and is upset that you're rejecting her meals.
    Boxing Promoter, keystonebox.com

IG/Twitter/Snap: lorinelise8 (stalk away)

stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuck185 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I can help. I'm married and have had a similar situation with my wife. It wasn't a BB'ing show and she wasn?t my wife at the time. But I was dedicated to something other than her, and that pissed her off. It would cause problems left and right. I wouldn?t go out to eat because I was worried about making weight. All I wanted to talk about was fighting (i.e.- not her). I kept trying to fix the little problems. But I never got to the root of the issue. The real problem was that all the time I was putting into my goal made her feel less important.

My advice would be to make an effort to make her feel important. I don't mean to come off as talking down to you or anything. I know that your dog tired when you finally get home to see her. But you need to go the extra mile for her. People always say "being married takes a lot of work." And this is the kind they are talking about.

The good news is things get much easier if when you learn to do this. Eventually my wife stopped harassing me about all the time I was putting into my goal. She even began to start supporting me. And when I was preparing for other competitions she felt like she was a part of it. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by stuck185; 07-14-2009 at 07:06 AM.
    "...rarely have I found normal people to have all the answers." Dan John

awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is your wife fit? If not get her into this lifestyle.

Pics of your wife? Lol

gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gse123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Start doing the cooking yourself - then you can make whatever the hell you like!

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    she can still cook alot of those things, they just have the be different! spaghetti made with spaghetti squash, lasagna made with sliced zucchini or eggplant, "rice" you can make outta cauliflower... it just takes creativity my friend!

oh, and the involving her thing, thats a good idea too.
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!

athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athomp55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is a whole section on this web site devoted to bodybuilding recipes. I would look there, and maybe suggest some foods that would fit into your diet. some of them are pretty tasty too :P

I have learned one thing though.... "Happy Wife = Happy Life" find a way to make it work, or this will be a difficult time for you Good luck!

GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GTmauf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Excellent post.
    "A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself" - The One and Only

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MMAJason View Post
    you don't need to add that strict if you are just trying to lose some bodyfat. Just eat less calories.

Now are you serious about getting ready for a contest? If so don't just say you'll do one when you're ready...you'll never be ready.

If you are eating so strict you have to eat specific foods at specific amounts in specific quantities no matter what then I would suggest you pic a show and do it. That way your wife can see and endpoint.

I'm very serious about this but my wife would kill me if I was that strict and not getting ready for a show or just trying to lose some bodyfat.

Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Newbiechick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cook yourself. OR print off a few recipies that "fit" into your diet, and have her cook...if she even likes to cook.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'd be like Nino Brown and cancel that bitch.

But seriously - Have her get involved in your new lifestyle, it well help tons.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take wifey to the gym and ask her to start lifting...she'll make friends and get encouraged. Show her articles/studies about health fitness and nutrition. Open her eyes.
    If the bar ain't bendin', you're only pretendin'

docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000)
    make love to her like a savage beast, and when she is recovering secretly cook all your meals.
    Bumblebeetuna

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strongish bump.

I wonder what ended up happening with the OP and his situation?
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a similar thing, trying to balance my nutritional needs with the family meal.

What I do is assume that when I get home from work, I'm going to be served up a meal with 30-40g protein, 20-30g fat and 40-80g carbs. And a glass of wine.

I just treat this as part of my macros, & work out all my other meals (which I eat alone) to hit whatever macro targets I'm after.

At the end of the day, bodybuilding is supposed to enhance our life, not control it.

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Goddamn bump, stop digging up ancient threads.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Editting due to a super bump. Retarded.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    WHen we make dinner I make what she likes and I make what I like... usually its based off the same protein dish (steak) but for side, she likes pasta and I eat carrots. She does the same for me. The most important thing is you are eating the meal together, and about the same pace

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    I'd be like Nino Brown and cancel that bitch.

Que?

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do you have to eat certain things at certain times...?

Ugh fukcing noobs bumping this crap.
    Just a weight lifter