Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000) Dr.Dave1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by entrepreneur8 View Post
    http :// www .ergo-log. com/creatinemyostatin .html

had to separate link to post
    Interesting article but far from convincing. If you look at the original article I think you will appreciate that the website skews what the authors concluded as well. Myostatin levels dropped in strength training group compared to the no exercise group(duh); the strength training + creatinine group had a larger drop in myostatin than the strength training alone group (this would be expected with the larger increase in strength but could be a secondary effect). There was not a no exercise + creatinine group to see if creatinine alone decreased myostatin. The ergo folks put emphasis on GASP-1 levels increasing with resistance + creatinine which they did go up but not significantly more than resistance exercise alone . . . so this increase could be related to resistance training alone augmented by creatinine supplementation.
    Disclaimer: While I have an M.D. the views I express are not to be taken as medical advice under any circumstances. Please check with your own doctor if you want medical advice as he/she has access to your info and can provide the most accurate advice.

www.pubmed.gov . . . gotta love it

nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nicesocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dr.Dave1 View Post
    Interesting article but far from convincing. If you look at the original article I think you will appreciate that the website skews what the authors concluded as well. Myostatin levels dropped in strength training group compared to the no exercise group(duh); the strength training + creatinine group had a larger drop in myostatin than the strength training alone group (this would be expected with the larger increase in strength but could be a secondary effect). There was not a no exercise + creatinine group to see if creatinine alone decreased myostatin. The ergo folks put emphasis on GASP-1 levels increasing with resistance + creatinine which they did go up but not significantly more than resistance exercise alone . . . so this increase could be related to resistance training alone augmented by creatinine supplementation.
    Good point.

I can't tell if that ergo website is legitimately unbiased or not...

gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gspsilva is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got chosen to do a log for Myo t-12.............that was in the summer, still waitin for it to be sent
    Current LOG Beastmode!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146213353&p=909980963#post909980963

maybe I rep back?

PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100) PaleoAyo is not very well liked. (-100)
    any update lol

genetic doping is the future!!!!!

timwake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would advise looking at some currently available anti cancer drugs for use as myostatin inhibitors. Myostatin is a small molecule that bonds to TGF-beta family receptors. There are several drugs on the market that inhibit the function of this receptor. I'm not sure how available these inhibitors are on the open market, but I Do know that certain drugs like novladex (used for breast cancer) can be easily obtained. It is therefore possible that the TGF-beta inhibitors can be obtained. Btw, novladex will not inhibit myostatin.

Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Floorburn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by timwake View Post
    I would advise looking at some currently available anti cancer drugs for use as myostatin inhibitors. Myostatin is a small molecule that bonds to TGF-beta family receptors. There are several drugs on the market that inhibit the function of this receptor. I'm not sure how available these inhibitors are on the open market, but I Do know that certain drugs like novladex (used for breast cancer) can be easily obtained. It is therefore possible that the TGF-beta inhibitors can be obtained. Btw, novladex will not inhibit myostatin.
    A multikinase inhibitor will have much broader effects than a targeted one, I would see what side effects are around before even starting to consider it. Cancer patients are generally okay with some wild side effects that other people are not okay with.

rylacor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It is now ready

FDA granted breakthrough therapy designation to Novartis' experimental drug bimagrumab ….. apparently a myostatin blocker that works out of gestation to address muscle wasting