Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Why are NBA players so built?

I just finished watching the Raptors/Pistons game (too bad Toronto lost ) and I'm always amazed how ripped their arms look..

Are those guys not that muscular, just very ripped from all the cardio or are they all "bodybuilders who play ball"?

BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    They are not bodybuilders. They are basketball players. They are for the most part very tall and don't concern themselves with gaining weight or getting big. Two completly different sports with two completely different types of athletes. Apples and oranges.

canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) canuck195 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well they must be concerned about muscle to look the way they do (they certainly don't get that muscular by simply playing basketball)

barry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    some, if not most, do lift weights you know..

BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigJeff has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Basketball players obviously exercise but their focus isn't on looking good. It's on training for their game. Bodybuilders train for their game too.

-Atheist- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Atheist- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Atheist- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Atheist- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    basketball players are STICKS (well about 99% of them). I would never wish to have a bball player physique. Chicken legs, no chest, no calves....blah
    "Doubt whom you will, but never yourself." --Christian Bovee

I Might not be all that, but I'm all I think about!

''There are none more ignorant and useless, then they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed.'' - Karl E. Taylor

Faith is an excuse for lack of evidence

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by -Atheist-
    basketball players are STICKS (well about 99% of them). I would never wish to have a bball player physique. Chicken legs, no chest, no calves....blah
    yeah most are skinny, but look at people like Charles Oakley and David Robinson, those are some pretty big dudes

NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHBfighterDAN has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Shaq
    "If you ever dream about beating me, you better wake up and apologize!" - Muhammad Ali

WestideIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    K, if you think basketball players are buff, Y dont you watch some football? Then tell me what you think.
    "Pain is only weakness leaving the body"
    "Failing to plan is like planning to fail."
    "The foundation of success is intense desire."
    "Sometimes, less is more."
    "Better to take a chance and lose, than to wonder what might have been."
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    "You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    "It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself."

irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think they are in the same category as runners because they run so much from playing ball constantly.

"...most runners will be able to tell you that putting the in oxygen debt for extended periods of tiem will gravely enhance the oxidative enzymes in the body, which results in more claories and more fat being burned. Runnerbs become superior fat burneres because hteir bodies need to efficiently metabolize fat to provide energy to the body at a much, much greater rate than the average human being..."-Dave Palumbo

So that may explain why some people are super ripped... or maybe they sniff coke 24/7

Registered User BodybuildingKid's Avatar
    BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the whole team is probably assigned to personal trainers or the whole team at once with several trainers..
    "Observe not that which is seen, but that which is not seen." -Dennis Nackord , Kenpo Karate System.

"No pain no ****in gain, GO PSYCHO U ****IN PUSSY, UP THAT ****IN WEIGHT, UP THEM REPS BITCH RAHH"

"I beleive that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So everything i do bad, im going to suffer for it.. But in my heart.. i beleive what i am doin is right.. So i feel like i am going to heaven" - Tupac Shakur June '96

Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think weightlifting is a requirement for the players...

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Tyler
    i think weightlifting is a requirement for the players...
    indeed, all NBA players workout. most of them dont work out like you and i though, they arent too worried about gaining mass and what not.

Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah and they definitely do sport specific training - since obviously in basketball you want as low weight as possible for any given amount of strength (as it is with almost every sport except rugby and football and possibly hockey)

ever notice how nearly every player has no traps? they don't need them...

most of them have very small legs too - in spite of the misconception that they can jump because "they're black" ("white men can't jump") it's because they've been playing for so long that their neuromuscular coordination is excellent - so they can jump high with less mass - plus they're often low weight overall to begin with - and, most importantly, are like 7 ft tall

I can dunk and I'm about 6 ft 190 (haven't gained weight in a while but lost fat and gained muscle...)

I'm telling you this so you understand that WHITE MEN CAN JUMP
    Kramer: Don't worry, it's a write-off for them.
    Jerry: How is it a write-off?
    Kramer: They just...write it off.
    Jerry: "Write it off" what?
    Kramer: Jerry....all these big companies - they write-off everything!
    Jerry: You don't even know what a write-off is!
    Kramer: Do you?
    Jerry (high, fed-up voice): No! I don't!
    Kramer (consoling): But they do...and they're the ones.........writing it off.

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While you shoot the ball, you use your muscles. Forgot?

it may not be as heavy, but it is still something.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    its a must now days to train the fuk out of the shoulders, shoulders help with the jump shot so much, they train their shoulders for mass, ever notice how they all have massive ripped shoulders? example, ben wallace antonio davis, they both have monsterous shoulders but thats it, kobe has big shoulders, alanzo mourning, mainly most superstars have big ripped shoulders, other than that, they are just tall skinny guys chris webber also has some awesome shoulders, actually webber has a big chest and arms too

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)

AJ

Some of u say that basketball players have chicken legs. That is one of the most stupid thing i ever heard. Most bb players have legs, calves and quads, that are way bigger than the average person. The only reason why their legs look like sticks is because they have a very tall frame to begin with. It's all an illusion. Besides, alot of the centers and power forwards have big thick massive legs, even bigger than the baseball and football players, eg, patrick ewing, shaq especially, shawn kemp, Jordan too, etc.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: AJ

Originally posted by AJbuilder
    Some of u say that basketball players have chicken legs. That is one of the most stupid thing i ever heard. Most bb players have legs, calves and quads, that are way bigger than the average person. The only reason why their legs look like sticks is because they have a very tall frame to begin with. It's all an illusion. Besides, alot of the centers and power forwards have big thick massive legs, even bigger than the baseball and football players, eg, patrick ewing, shaq especially, shawn kemp, Jordan too, etc.
    no, they really do have chicken legs compared to the average man all excpet shaq

Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    get off us bball players, some of us are real men. Most centers and Powerforwards like me are big guys. And I agree white men CAN jump. I am getting pretty damn close to the foul line jam...
    Get it in Gear

Originally posted by Cusesharpe
    get off us bball players, some of us are real men. Most centers and Powerforwards like me are big guys. And I agree white men CAN jump. I am getting pretty damn close to the foul line jam...
    so u join the ranks of brent barry vince dr. J and micheal J???? i severly doubt that

Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    oh, you would be suprised... Anyone from central PA wish to be my witness. I only need about 5-7 more feet to get it. And that is one hell of a jump for a 6 foot 3er. (now dont I sound conceted, oh well I rarely brag). Hmm, maybe I can get you some pictures of me throwing down some 2 handers, some reverses, and my patented "15 foot dunk".
    Get it in Gear

KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    uhhhhh probably because they train!!!! LOL ya know weights,cardio,conditioning...

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Antonio Davis has one bad ass set of delts.

Too bad their out there. Damnit Childs, square up before you shoot.

These guys are professional athletes, not only do they have great genetics, but it is THEIR JOB to be in peak condition and they have some very smart trainers setting up their programs, and I bet many of them consult with drug gurus to set up cycles in the off season and maybe even during the season.(NBA tests monthly though, right?)

Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    With the exception of a few, most NBA players are scronny, I think.
    . . . .I'm Huge. . . .The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Jules "Pulp Fiction"

urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urbanlegend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Why are NBA players so built?

Originally posted by canuck195
    I just finished watching the Raptors/Pistons game (too bad Toronto lost ) and I'm always amazed how ripped their arms look..

Are those guys not that muscular, just very ripped from all the cardio or are they all "bodybuilders who play ball"?
    Good genetics, and steroids, I know someone whos brother went to play college B ball at Stanford, and their coach said that any pro sport these days uses roids, especially B ball and football. Now, I doubt they really cycle that many at once, but i bet most of em use like winstrol or decca or somethin like that.

Originally posted by Sobolic
    With the exception of a few, most NBA players are scronny, I think.
    At the highschool level, but by college and the pros most of them have filled out.
    Get it in Gear

chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chupamiverga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im a bball player and i allways play against these weak as biotches that try to push me around but usually make them selves fall down they r just ripped from shooting the ball 100s of times at practices.

btw who seen the new nike commercial? i think its pretty pimp ass
    There's no game without pain.
    INTENSITY

MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unless you're a center or a power forward, mass isn't needed. Also, if you're skinny and a good actor, like Reggie Miller, you get foul calls in your favor when you get knocked down.

Shoulder strength is not what makes you a good basketball player. Shooting is more touch, and many basketball players found that if you train your shoulders and gain too quickly, it is difficult to adjust a little bit. Training too big makes your shooting lange less because of lack of motion and speed and stuff. All in the wrist.

good point. but I think basketball players underestimate the values of getting solid mass to push people around.
    Get it in Gear

Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sobolic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Cusesharpe

At the highschool level, but by college and the pros most of them have filled out.
    I would say that they've got good muscle tone, and are in great shape, but I would not go as far to call most anyone in the NBA "built".
    . . . .I'm Huge. . . .The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Jules "Pulp Fiction"