Closed Thread
    forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How much fat can someone gain in 1 day?

Let's say you eat normal 'maintenance' all the time, and then one day you just 'go for it' eating, and the next day go back to normal.

How much fat can you gain?

DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If by 'go for it', you mean eating absolutely anything and everything, a lot of weight can be gained. Most of it will be water weight from the increased sodium in many foods we enjoy cheating with. There will be some fat, but in my opinion there is a limit to how much damage you can do in a single day of bad eating.

BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One days worth of going for it shouldn't hurt you too much. One pound is equal to 3,500 calories. So theoretically, that's how much over maintenance you would have to eat in one day to gain a full pound. If you know what your maintenance level is, you can do the math on those days you pig out, if you know how many total calories you take in.

Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Giblaz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just ate like crazy yesterday (Graduation party) and drank a LOT (got drunk, sobered up, got drunk, sobered up) and my 6-pack is somehow more defined :|

Yay 4 me
    LOL, internet

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BigBopio View Post
    One days worth of going for it shouldn't hurt you too much. One pound is equal to 3,500 calories. So theoretically, that's how much over maintenance you would have to eat in one day to gain a full pound. If you know what your maintenance level is, you can do the math on those days you pig out, if you know how many total calories you take in.
    so if maintenance is 2,000 calories and a person eats 6,000 calories, then he could gain a pound of fat in 1 day?

BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBopio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by forklift View Post
    so if maintenance is 2,000 calories and a person eats 6,000 calories, then he could gain a pound of fat in 1 day?
    Theoretically, but I don't know if it's that cut and dry. I mean, if a person did that every day for 1,000 days, would they put on 1,000 pounds? I don't know, but that is the simple math behind it. And there is no question that 3,500 calories equals one pound.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    The calories have to go somewhere. Maybe if you ate 10000kcal in one day you would not absorb all that food/calories, otherwise your body is quite good at absorbing food - the more you eat the longer it takes to digest.

I did read in a study that there is a maximum amount of glucose taken on an empty stomach that can be absorbed in one go. A straight glucose/water mix goes through the digestive system quickly. However I think this was something like 200-300g of glucose for the average person - still a lot of calories and any fat etc.. will slow absorption, so I would expect nearly all of a 3000kcal 'normal' meal to be absorbed (as far as available energy is concerned).

Of course if you keep doing it and putting on weight, your calories expenditure will increase as well.

Now if you?ve been cutting, some of that 6000kcal will go to replenishing muscle and liver glycogen. But you are not going to suddenly up your metabolism to the extent that you will burn it all off.

Well that?s my opinion anyway, from stuff I've read. But I'm not an expert - or professionaly knowledgeable.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Listen it doesnt hurt to have a massive cheat day every once in a while it is actually good for ur meabolism! every once in a while maybe twice every 2 weeks u should to maintain ur sake and keep ur metabolism in check! it throws it off and makes it alter back onc ourse that is why most body builders have cheat days to keep the metabolism is check .. it is healthy for ur metabolism go read up on the nutrional page here on bb.com

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by forklift View Post
    Unless you are glycogen depleted.

Also, I think you body does try to maintain status, so if you are not 'used' to that calorie intake, I think your body will likey 'try' to burn off the fat over the next day or so - not very scientific, and I have no idea how this would actually happen (personally I feel much less hungry for a few days after a hig-calorie day).

Maybe someone could explain this rather than just say 'I don't put on 1lb after a huge cheat day' etc.. etc..

Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starlight01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One or two days of blowing out arent going to kill you, what will is negative thinking and worrying about the bad eating. Just accept it and move on, tomorrow is a new day and enough to redeem yourself. Just dont try and make up for it as that will set you up for more failure.
    The better you look the more you see

Originally Posted by Starlight01 View Post
    One or two days of blowing out arent going to kill you, what will is negative thinking and worrying about the bad eating.
    Agreed, and they may do more good than harm in the long run, especially if they aren't too over-the-top.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just consume ur next normal meal right after ur cheat meal and get on with it.. remember how you felt after that cheat meal so it sticks in ur head next time not to consume that **** again.. such as sweets like cake or cookies...

but if its for a BBQ and ****.. load up on the chicken and nutritious items it doesnt hurt..

but if ur going out to party n whatnot with buddies.. only do it ever so often , but have a fun time.. watch how much u drink/eat

v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000)
    just remember that alcohol along with food will lead to more potential for fat gain then no alcohol. so when you pig out AND get drunk you just turned off most of your protein synthesis, and turned on fat storage!

philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philip41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last sunday i had my parents around for the day, i took the complete day off of my normal diet, you could describe it as a pig out, by our standards, but by there standards i ate normal, I DREAD to think how many calories i consumed, roast potatoes, cheese, bread, crumpets etc etc.
    I must have got through in excess of 5000 cals for the day, yet 7 days later i was .25% approx and half a pound down from last week.

if you must just go for it and then get on with your normal routine the next day.

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Giblaz View Post
    I just ate like crazy yesterday (Graduation party) and drank a LOT (got drunk, sobered up, got drunk, sobered up) and my 6-pack is somehow more defined :|

Yay 4 me
    Not surprising, since alcohol dehydrates the hell out of you. I get this effect too when I drink a lot of alcohol, but even though you look better now, just remember that it is temporary and the alcohol has many more negative effects than the 1 positive of drying you out. In other words, keep it to a minimum.

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dont bodybuilders sometimes drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine the night before a competition? Or was that in a dream of mine? lol

PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatMac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've easily eaten over 15000 calories in a day which is about 12000+ over maintenance and did not gain 4 lbs or any weight really, a few days later and it'd be back to normal

HaydenBately has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

0.7 fat gain in one day!

Yoo people .. I weighed myself yesterday and it read 16.7 body fat but today it is 17.4! I didn't each a lot yesterday my calorie intake was fine .. Wtf happened!?

tyler50314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bradroche View Post
    Dont bodybuilders sometimes drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine the night before a competition? Or was that in a dream of mine? lol
    I certainly would like to know now? Could be Broscience, lol.

Sh*t, I just bumped a super-old thread.

ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HaydenBately View Post
    Yoo people .. I weighed myself yesterday and it read 16.7 body fat but today it is 17.4! I didn't each a lot yesterday my calorie intake was fine .. Wtf happened!?
    fat measurement is not precise (except that water/air pod thing)

if you did it with the electronic thing (i dont know how it's called in english), it's imprecise

EDIT: and i replied a super old thread...

john4everr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gents, have a look on Youtube Jeff Nippard channel. He've done 10k challenge and step by step explained everything. How much fat You can gain after a cheat day etc etc . Everything got back up in science

Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michealx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Please check the date next time you reply to a thread.