Sum Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't hardly walk after leg day

I'm new to lifting weights, and I've so far only been through 3 full weeks of training. Every time I do my leg workout, I am so sore the next 2-3 days that I can hardly walk. I hobble around, everyone moves way faster than me, I can hardly go down stairs or a hill, sometimes my legs almost give out on me like I'm gonna collapse all over myself. I feel like I look like an ass hobbling along. I work as a food server in a restaurant, and I walk for about 6 hours a day on the days I work, and it's tough to make money if you take forever to tend to people because you can't walk fast enough :P I would do my leg day when I had a few days off in a row, except that never happens cause my days off are spread out. Plus I go to school on my days off, so I end up having to walk there too.

So my question is, does this soreness that keeps me from being able to keep up with the rest of the world ever stop happening? Like after a while of working out will I not be sore the following day? Or is it maybe something I am doing wrong while I'm working out that is causing this? Cause I notice that not many other parts of my body are as intensely sore as my legs after a workout, or at least I don't notice it as much.

tall_mofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it should disappear after a few weeks, if you don't miss any leg workouts

BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Thats the way it should be, when you first start lifting.
    Regards,
    BigSwole190

194lbs 5'10 and 7-9%bf, Step aside... :D

BigSwole: "Who needs to go to college to learn about nutrition, I get all the knowledge i need in the teen forum"

ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your thighs are gonna feel shredded for the first few weeks.....not much you can do about it.
    You'll get the same feeling if you miss a few leg days and then hit the squats, SLDL etc.

I used to work in a restaurant too mate, I can feel your pain.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    i was a storeman at my last job, lifting heavy boxes all day after squats was the worst...

Dont worry tho give it a few weeks and the soreness starts to drop off
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

BoogyMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

you will always feel discomfort and slight pain after a good workout. with time you will become used to it.
    keep it up!

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yep bump to everyones post, legs days are worest for soreness
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    stretch to separate your muscles. do cardio for more blood flow.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea you get used to it. plus your new to lifting so its what's to be expected

MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MaxPunishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome to the wonderful world of squatting. It's always the worse when you're first starting out. I used to train legs once a week and my legs would still be a little sore the week after when I would train them next. I made the mistake though of training legs less, because of the soreness that it would bring and how it would affect my daily life. Then everytime I did train legs, the soreness would be just as bad. However, if you train legs on a regular schedule, the soreness gradually diminishes so just push through it and it'll get better.
    Keep punishin'

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK, I've got a question.
    What about if you have no soreness at all?
    I remember the day after my first ever squats day and I could barely walk. Nowadays, the morning after legs they seem to feel fine. Have I just gotten used to it or am I not training them hard enough?

KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by MattyG
    Have I just gotten used to it or am I not training them hard enough?
    Probably not training with enough intensity.

Not too long ago, I started working out with a few friends at the "Y" in the mornings, and laid off most of my evening sessions. They do the same routine over and over and over. After a few weeks with them I wasn't getting sore whatsoever, and I was doing more weight and reps than them. Turns out I was doing LESS than I ever have and expected results. Now that I'm doing each bodypart twice a week and killing it, I feel 1000% better.

Read up on some of the alternate exercises you can do to change it up, too. I've been doing flat bench forever...now that I'm doing 2x and 3x the incline and decline I'm feeling it like crazy! You have to change it up every once in a while or your body gets a 'memory' for the motions and exercises.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT

zxcager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxcager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxcager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zxcager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by KrushR
    Probably not training with enough intensity.

Not too long ago, I started working out with a few friends at the "Y" in the mornings, and laid off most of my evening sessions. They do the same routine over and over and over. After a few weeks with them I wasn't getting sore whatsoever, and I was doing more weight and reps than them. Turns out I was doing LESS than I ever have and expected results. Now that I'm doing each bodypart twice a week and killing it, I feel 1000% better.

Read up on some of the alternate exercises you can do to change it up, too. I've been doing flat bench forever...now that I'm doing 2x and 3x the incline and decline I'm feeling it like crazy! You have to change it up every once in a while or your body gets a 'memory' for the motions and exercises.

lol, sounds like you're talking bout rechargeable batteries.

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm always PROUD of the fact that I can barely walk after leg day. I know I've accomplished something. Then when people make fun of me for limping around, I just think to myself "you have no idea the hell I put myself through."
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000) KrushR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by zxcager
    lol, sounds like you're talking bout rechargeable batteries.
    so you don't have Lithium Ion legs? gotta upgrade from those Ni-Cd. they'll kill you with memory.
    part of DA...keep it on the QT