OnlyToned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question When are you "ready" to switch from the full body split?

Hey everyone, I am a beginner, and am 17 years of age. I have been doing the full body split now for the past month. Usually a 3 day split:

Sat-FullBody

sun-break

monday-Fullbody

Tuesday-break

Wenesday-Fullbody

Thursday-break

friday-break

Lately I have been waking up sore on my break days. Could I be over doing it? The soreness is mild, and usually goes away when I start my day, is that normal for all bodybuilders? I only do 4-5 sets of each exercise I and I try my best not to over-strain my muscles. However by working each muscle group 3 times a week do you think I am beginning to to over train my muscles??? I hear that it is okay for beginners to start with the full body split. Now my question is, when does one know when they are ready to switch from the full bodysplit?

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You know to switch when you stop gaining. Hell, you don't ever have to switch. Just because you have finished your newbie gains doesn't mean you can't do full body splits. HST, DFHT(uses halfbody splits), etc. are all good programs.

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bulking.

Check out my Cre Ethyl Thunder Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=387162

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    soreness means nothing, 4-5 set for one exercise is too many drop that done to about 2 set for full body workouts, place change your routine when your gains stop
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Until this last winter when I made a complete lifestyle change to lift year round... I used to work out every winter, from Thanksgiving to Spring... I found that Full Body is good for about the first 12 weeks of noob work...

After that I'd take a rest week... Then I'd do a 3 day split.

Here's a rough example of how my last few months have been

12 weeks full body
    Split training... Hit a Plateau.
    HST... Broke Plateau
    11 days without lifting on a strategic deconditioning

And now I've taken what I found worked, blended it together, and I'm trying my own system for 6 weeks to see what the results will be. Which is essentially a mix between full body, (HST style) with a little bit of a split feeling... As certain days I'll only do 1 set for an exercise on two of the lifting days... And then the odd out lifting day I'll do 3 sets. Seems to be working well at this point.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Nainoa
    Until this last winter when I made a complete lifestyle change to lift year round... I used to work out every winter, from Thanksgiving to Spring... I found that Full Body is good for about the first 12 weeks of noob work...

After that I'd take a rest week... Then I'd do a 3 day split.

Here's a rough example of how my last few months have been

12 weeks full body
    Split training... Hit a Plateau.
    HST... Broke Plateau
    11 days without lifting on a strategic deconditioning

And now I've taken what I found worked, blended it together, and I'm trying my own system for 6 weeks to see what the results will be. Which is essentially a mix between full body, (HST style) with a little bit of a split feeling... As certain days I'll only do 1 set for an exercise on two of the lifting days... And then the odd out lifting day I'll do 3 sets. Seems to be working well at this point.
    Any chance u can ellaborate a bit on that split, in the link I posted?
    Bulking.

OnlyToned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks

Thanks for the replies, the link was useful.

So 4-5 is too many? I will do 2-3 then.

And soreness is okay? Does everyone feel sore inthe morning after their workout day?

Thanks!

Re: thanks

Originally posted by OnlyToned
    Thanks for the replies, the link was useful.

So 4-5 is too many? I will do 2-3 then.

And soreness is okay? Does everyone feel sore inthe morning after their workout day?

Thanks!
    Stick with 1-3.

Soreness is fine, but dont worry if ur not sore.
    Bulking.