Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Seated Leg curls WTF? >.<

ok so i love lying leg curls(most do) but my gym also has a "seated" leg curl machine. I have heard good things about it, and that it better hits the semimembronosis/tendinosis(sp?) area. Here's the problem however...every time i try this machine...i can't feel it in my hams at all, even though i have a GREAT mind muscle connection now with my hams, i have tried adjusting the seat, length of the appartus where your heels go, foot placement etc, but nothing. Also when i manipulate the weight it's either too easy or imovable with nothing in between, and when it is moving i basically feel it in my ankles. So am I stuck doing SLDL's and Lying Leg curls for the rest of my life with no other variety for my hams? (btw i add variety to these excercises by varying weight, reps, sets, foot placement and order yadda yadda). Also my gym dosent have a standing leg curl machine or one of those leg curl/reverse leg curl benches. Is there any way to make the seated leg curl work for me? Thank u for any and all input =)
    Peace and Love

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just do em if you want to. Just because you arent feeling it much in the muscle doesnt mean it isnt effective.

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Progressive8 View Post
    ok so i love lying leg curls(most do) but my gym also has a "seated" leg curl machine. I have heard good things about it, and that it better hits the semimembronosis/tendinosis(sp?) area. Here's the problem however...every time i try this machine...i can't feel it in my hams at all, even though i have a GREAT mind muscle connection now with my hams, i have tried adjusting the seat, length of the appartus where your heels go, foot placement etc, but nothing. Also when i manipulate the weight it's either too easy or imovable with nothing in between, and when it is moving i basically feel it in my ankles. So am I stuck doing SLDL's and Lying Leg curls for the rest of my life with no other variety for my hams? (btw i add variety to these excercises by varying weight, reps, sets, foot placement and order yadda yadda). Also my gym dosent have a standing leg curl machine or one of those leg curl/reverse leg curl benches. Is there any way to make the seated leg curl work for me? Thank u for any and all input =)
    I hear you one of the gyms I go to doesnt have a lying down one only the seated one..It takes a while to get use to
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50) Glaive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try Romanian Deadlifts and/or Glute/Ham Raises. Way better hip-dominant exercises than leg curls (although leg curls certainly have their place).
    When you LOSE weight, your pants will be LOOSE.
    There is no "E" in RIDICULOUS.
    THEY'RE going to THEIR house, which is over THERE.
    YOU'RE going to the gym for YOUR workout.

jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try lightening up and going high rep (25-30). The pump will add some feel to it.

Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pen0r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make sure you're not leaning back at all. Place the seat forward so you're more upright/leaning forward slightly. This pre-stretches the hams. Also, point your toes. That will take the calves out of the movement.

Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Progressive8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ahhhhh i c thanks, good info, reps(if i coulkd give them to u) lol QUOTE=Pen0r;46084851]Make sure you're not leaning back at all. Place the seat forward so you're more upright/leaning forward slightly. This pre-stretches the hams. Also, point your toes. That will take the calves out of the movement.[/QUOTE]
    Peace and Love

do romainian deads hit the hams any differnt then SLDL's with knees straight?, and the glute raises are weird i can use more weight than the machine goes up to....i think its more of a movement for female bodybuilders lol
    Originally Posted by Glaive View Post
    Try Romanian Deadlifts and/or Glute/Ham Raises. Way better hip-dominant exercises than leg curls (although leg curls certainly have their place).
    Peace and Love

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Glute Ham Raise

You can add as much weight as you can hold.

ahhh the machine at my gym dosent look like that, u push back againt a unilateral footplate and the weight is machine loaded
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post

You can add as much weight as you can hold.
    Peace and Love

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you're not feeling it in your hams, WHERE are you feeling it? You always have to mention that.

If you're not feeling it anywhere else then you're not going hard enough.

well i said like in my ankles or something, certainly not my hams, but once i increase the weight to a certain point, i cant move the appratus >.<

Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    If you're not feeling it in your hams, WHERE are you feeling it? You always have to mention that.

If you're not feeling it anywhere else then you're not going hard enough.
    Peace and Love

Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lift_Til_Fail will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Progressive8 View Post
    It takes some getting used to. When I switched gyms I had this problem too. Just start at a weight you can handle, you may not even feel it for awhile, but once you get used to the motion you will be able to increase weight and you will start to feel it better. This worked for me anyways. I still prefer the lying leg curls though.

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You're probably moving it more with your calves. Try pointing your toes forward. Other than that, practice makes perfect. You may not like the machine but you'll probably like the results it gives.

thx all, i guess i will give it another go lol, btw say i use 60 pounds on the lying leg curl, if i was used to the seated would i be able to use the same weight?
    Peace and Love

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Pen0r View Post
    Make sure you're not leaning back at all. Place the seat forward so you're more upright/leaning forward slightly. This pre-stretches the hams. Also, point your toes. That will take the calves out of the movement.
    Pointing your toes brings calves in; flexing your feet/ankles emphasizes hams. Leaning forward is good though.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good mornings!