Reverend Willie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you take pain pills and work out?

I just got put on pain pills for a bad back but I want to continue working out. The only problem is I heard that if you take them and work out you get dizzy and light headed. I know they're not good for your kidneys and liver and I hate to take them but my doctor wants me to. If theis doesn't help I'll probably have surgery on it. So what do you guys think of taking them and lifting?

Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Slated has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    absolutely NOT!

I know some guys in London thet do that and they are always pulling and tearing muscles because they can't feel the worning signs. Don't do it

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I would not suggest it. I was on pain pills for 4 weeks for a broken collarbone and if I had trained I would not have recognized the pain associated with injury. I would most surely have hurt myself. Just relax, take it easy, and enjoy the weeks off. You'll come back better and want to train harder.

Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vanilla Thunder is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've had to for periods of time because of my back (2 sets of ruptured discs, 1 set herniated). I wouldn't advise it for a few weeks, until you get used to them. Also I'd try to wait and take them after my workout. I even started working out in the morning so I could. That way I could train, know what was hurting or what was wrong, and then go home and alleviate what I could the rest of the day.

Also make sure you find a good, and sports / athelete minded Dr. I heard so much horrible advise from different neurologists. I'd check on the surgery, IMO it's not the best option, unless you're old and inactive. Opinions will differ, but I refused it, and have worked my way back to 95% by stretching / training etc. Sadly once you deal with back pain for enough years you just kind of get used to it, and don't think about it as much (but I had about 5 years that were pretty bad). Good Luck.

Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Too swole is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldn't take then while training. I'm nursing an injury, and I'll take something in the evenings once in a while. Just use common sense. I remember training legs on pain pills (lortab) like a dummy, and I almost blacked out.
    What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you become by achieving your goal.

thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn... I've been taken 2 Ibuprofen in the morning for my tendonitis for about 2 weeks now. Haven't hurt myself yet, should I be concerned with such a low dosage of pain meds?
    - Jacob
    - Out of the game for a few years... getting back into it to lose some weight.
    - 11/1/11 -- 202 lbs (started 90% Vegetarian diet)
    - 11/25/11 -- 195 lbs
    - 12/8/11 -- 193 lbs

** Team Punani Lover ** onehawaiian's Avatar
    onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    um, it depends on ur pain pills. what kind is it?
    aspirin? ibuprofen? vicodin?
    i used motrin for my shoulder strain and i was fine during workouts.
    but motrin doesn't make u drowsy...

thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50) thanatopsis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by onehawaiian
    um, it depends on ur pain pills. what kind is it?
    aspirin? ibuprofen? vicodin?
    i used motrin for my shoulder strain and i was fine during workouts.
    but motrin doesn't make u drowsy...
    Hah! You post on CAF don't you?

- Jacob
    - 11/25/11 -- 195 lbs
    - 12/8/11 -- 193 lbs

onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) onehawaiian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by thanatopsis
    Hah! You post on CAF don't you?

yeah... my username normally stays the same.
    who ru on caf?

Originally posted by onehawaiian
    yeah... my username normally stays the same.
    who ru on caf?
    sundownz

I crept on over here since I'm starting to take my weight lifting alot more seriously lately.
    - Jacob
    - 11/25/11 -- 195 lbs
    - 12/8/11 -- 193 lbs

Originally posted by thanatopsis
    sundownz

I crept on over here since I'm starting to take my weight lifting alot more seriously lately.
    ack...it says "jacob fuller" in the sig.. duh, i should have known.
    yeah, i've been lifting for a few yrs... can't remember exactly how many.
    but i wanted to not be like all the "old" guys who get fat and lounge around the house.
    plus, when ppl yack about my car sounds i can pound them into the ground now. LOL

back on topic:
    i got hurt several times, and used pain killers to help me.
    BUT, if it's serious, u really shouldn't be working out at all.