sho89mtx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how can i get the upper chest line?

here's my workout and my chest is very big and cut, but it seem my upper chest can't get that line down the center like my middle and lower chest has. here's my chest workout, what do you guys suggest:

incline db chest press-3 sets of 8-10
    regular db chest press-""
    flyes-3 sets of 10-12
    dips-3 sets of 12-15

any suggestions?

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If your chest is very big and very cut, then you may not have the genetics for that sharp line (many people do not).
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

son of a biscuit! genetics kicked my butt again?

Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It could be genetics, but I don't see incline db flyes in your list. You may want to give those a try.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Flyes don't do any special job of "working the inner chest". I'll let someone else post the automated inner chest myth response.

Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    genetics.

triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine is starting to pop out, the line, i usually go lite on incline but sense I am ben goin heavy. It is cummin. I still don't like iNcline.
    In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.

James Allen 1849-1925

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.
    --Jack Handey Deep Thoughts

f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: how can i get the upper chest line?

Originally posted by sho89mtx
    here's my workout and my chest is very big and cut, but it seem my upper chest can't get that line down the center like my middle and lower chest has. here's my chest workout, what do you guys suggest:

incline db chest press-3 sets of 8-10
    regular db chest press-""
    flyes-3 sets of 10-12
    dips-3 sets of 12-15

any suggestions?
    What line? Do you mean striations?

I think he means this kind of line:
    Attached Images

f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    Oh i see.. that's just time.

triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) triguluous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh, i thought you ment the upper part of chest, hell i have the dividing line and lines in my chest where the muscle divides (upper, middle, an lower)
    In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.

James Allen 1849-1925

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.
    --Jack Handey Deep Thoughts

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Flyes don't do any special job of "working the inner chest". I'll let someone else post the automated inner chest myth response.
    ********AUTOMATED INNER CHEST MYTH RESPONSE********

There is NO such thing as inner chest or outer chest! The fibers of the chest run horizontally somewhat like a fan shape (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa67abig.jpg). Therefore, you CANNOT target the inner portions more than the outer portions or vice versa because it's IMPOSSIBLE to work a portion of a fiber more than the other and the entire length of a fiber will ALWAYS work at the same degree of stress and that applies to ANY muscle. The supposed feeling you thought you had in your inner chest from certain exercises is just a cramping sensation you got in your tendons by the sternum. A lot of this "inner chest" stuff has to do with GENETICS meaning muscle insertion points and bone structure. Some people's pectorals originate farther from the sternum, which would result in that gap. And your pectorals will usually follow the shape of your ribcage. Your best bet is to get your chest as developed as possible and in time it'll fill out. Lowering your bodyfat will also help a great deal in revealing your inner chest.

yep that's the one

Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I never said they do a special job of working the inner chest, but they do work the chest. I can't stand it when someone imediately grabs what someone says, puts words in their mouth, all in the name of posting some myth vs fact information to look like a smart ass. He might just need to vary his exercises or switch them up a bit. This could include incline DB flyes.

Originally posted by Danik
    I never said they do a special job of working the inner chest, but they do work the chest.
    Then there's no point in doing flyes, is there? The other lifts (bb db bench, bb/db incline, dips) already work the chest quite well. Flyes are usually done the "the way they feel".

Then there's no point in doing flyes, is there? The other lifts (bb db bench, bb/db incline, dips) already work the chest quite well. Flyes are usually done the "the way they feel".
    Of course there is a point in doing flyes. Every now and then it is a good thing to switch up exercises in order to stimulate the muscles in a different way.

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Of course there is a point in doing flyes. Every now and then it is a good thing to switch up exercises in order to stimulate the muscles in a different way.
    Flyes aren't as good at packing on mass than your pressing movements.
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are doing a rep or two more than last week, or you moved up 5 lbs. with a comparable number of reps, then you are still doing a great job of stimulating the muscle. If you are still making gains on an exercise or program, why change it?
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

He isn't though. He has not seen any general improvement in his upper chest, hence the reason for this post. Since that is the case I offered a different way to stimulate that muscle. I don't care if flyes aren't as good at packing on mass as bench press. He needs to do something different to attempt to stimulate the upper chest, then return to bench press. He doesn't even have to take away bench press. He could just add 2 sets of flyes.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    He isn't though. He has not seen any general improvement in his upper chest, hence the reason for this post. Since that is the case I offered a different way to stimulate that muscle. I don't care if flyes aren't as good at packing on mass as bench press. He needs to do something different to attempt to stimulate the upper chest, then return to bench press. He doesn't even have to take away bench press. He could just add 2 sets of flyes.
    Actually, he had flyes on that list. And you don't know if he is making progress or not. He never gave a time frame. He could just be impatient. If you are adding weight every workout, you are stimulating the muscle. Besides, why flyes? Add weight to the dips and use those as your main movement. If compounds like dips and BP aren't doing anything, I don't think that two sets of an inferior isolation movement will make a whole lot of difference.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Originally posted by dookie1481
    If compounds like dips and BP aren't doing anything, I don't think that two sets of an inferior isolation movement will make a whole lot of difference.
    You don't know that though. Sometimes in order to stimulate something you need to do something completely foreign in order to do so. The body is going to adjust to exercises done day after day after day. It is my opinion that adding in something completely different than the normal routine would help improve the situation.

Perhaps if he's worried about definition, he may just not be taking in enough calories. Not enough calories means no added mass, which means not enough muscle mass to form that line.

Perhaps if he's worried about definition, he may just not be taking in enough calories. Not enough calories means no added mass, which means not enough muscle mass to form that line.
    Maybe, but he says his chest is "big and cut". It is kind of hard to judge based on the info he has given.

NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10) NFLMASON is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hold the bar close in incline will only help little but it is time and genetics some peopel get it fast others like me dont. i have to flex hard to see mine

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by dookie1481 View Post
    He could just be impatient. If you are adding weight every workout, you are stimulating the muscle. Besides, why flyes? Add weight to the dips and use those as your main movement. If compounds like dips and BP aren't doing anything, I don't think that two sets of an inferior isolation movement will make a whole lot of difference.
    this.

sorry but i gotta agree, add 30-40lbs to your bench and your chest will look better, especially when you get back to the same bf level

also dips>bench imo
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik