Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question A program to get stronger and cut fat besides ss and all pros

I have tried to run both of these programs to no avail my x weight is just to light i need something special that i can progress with what other types of proven beginners routines are there besides ss all pro and madcows?

thanks brandon
    Trying to make it!!!!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stronglifts is another one.

Originally Posted by Brandon85c View Post
    my x weight is just to light
    What do you mean?

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have tried to run both of these programs to no avail my x weight is just to light i need something special that i can progress with what other types of proven beginners routines are there besides ss all pro and madcows?

thanks brandon
    What is "x weight" supposed to mean?

You're asking for a "proven" program (ie one that lots and lots of people have used and had success with, ie one that generally works for the majority of people, ie a cookie-cutter program) and at the same time saying you need something "special?" It's one or the other.

Either way, you haven't explained what the problem is that you're facing with SS and All Pro's. What issues are you facing with these programs?
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you don't have enough weight to run a program that culminates in 12 rep sets then you don't have enough weight period.

elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50) elementaltoad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I just had an itch to change my routine up and I am doing German volume training at the moment. I like the intensity of it, if you do it right you will be winded, soaked in sweat and feel like your muscles are tearing away from bone. Do a bit of homework on it and see if you might like it.

Bottom line though, as these guys are saying, if you are not using proper form, adequate weight, and intensity, you are spinning your wheels. Those starter routines (with diet) were good enough for me to lose 76lb and put on muscle in less than a year (about 9 months now).

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

thanks brandon
    Ok, according to this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post891320561
    you didn't really run allpros. You tried to find your starting weight and got confused with the 10% and 20% medium and light days because your work weight was low. Is this more accurate than your original post?
    I would rather teach you to do allpro's than try to find you another program that wouldn't work as well. And while we are being honest, how long did you run starting strength?

SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why would you want something different to Starting Strength? It's been proven time and again to work very well for novice and intermiadate lifters. I run it at least twice a year usually to bump my numbers up.

Bottom line if you can't make gains running SS as a beginner then you are 100% doing something wrong. If you didn't stall and de-load at least twice whilst running SS then you didn't run it long enough - what were you doing? & even more importantly what and how much are you eating?

Madcow is not a beginner's routine - it's something you progress to once you can meet the intermediate lifting standards for your bodyweight, or when you've exhausted SS or All pros.

Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brandon85c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    Ok, according to this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post891320561
    you didn't really run allpros. You tried to find your starting weight and got confused with the 10% and 20% medium and light days because your work weight was low. Is this more accurate than your original post?
    I would rather teach you to do allpro's than try to find you another program that wouldn't work as well. And while we are being honest, how long did you run starting strength?
    muskiguy i really would like to run all pros but im just confused on what to lift my starting weight for each excercise im hoping you can help me overcome this as far as ss goes i didnt run it very long i didnt think the volume was enough for me to really reach my goals and i was told by a certified trainer on this forum that i need high volume low rest.
    Trying to make it!!!!

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you don't have enough weight to run a program that culminates in 12 rep sets then you don't have enough weight period.
    Suffolkpunch i beileve i have enough weight to run all pros the problem is with me i cant lift very much i can do good on bb rows and presses squats and overhead presses but curls not so much.
    Trying to make it!!!!

Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    What is "x weight" supposed to mean?

You're asking for a "proven" program (ie one that lots and lots of people have used and had success with, ie one that generally works for the majority of people, ie a cookie-cutter program) and at the same time saying you need something "special?" It's one or the other.

Either way, you haven't explained what the problem is that you're facing with SS and All Pro's. What issues are you facing with these programs?
    im sorry i had a typo i meant my max weight of 50lbs is just such a small weight to lift im having trouble figuring out how to work with it what to do with each lift i was told that each excercise such have diffrent weight but if 50 is my max how could i add more weight but i beilve 66 is my max for some lifts at this time
    Trying to make it!!!!

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

thanks brandon
    After reading your previous posts I know for a fact you haven't run AP's routine.

Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    After reading your previous posts I know for a fact you haven't run AP's routine.
    i have not ran them smoothly i cant get the fine points down but i have attempted only to be shot down that im doing something wrong
    Trying to make it!!!!

musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) musikguy72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im sorry i had a typo i meant my max weight of 50lbs is just such a small weight to lift im having trouble figuring out how to work with it what to do with each lift i was told that each excercise such have diffrent weight but if 50 is my max how could i add more weight but i beilve 66 is my max for some lifts at this time
    It's not as confusing as you are making it. This is what you should do:

Go to the gym to find your 10 rep max for all lifts. You will actually work out another day.
    Find the weight for each exercise in order. So we start with squats.
    Load up the bar with what you think you can squat between 3 and 10 times. This will give you the most accurate number in the rep calculator.
    Enter the weight used and number of reps here: http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator
    If you don't know what to use as weight, start low. If you can do more than 10 reps, stop at 11 and count that as a warmup. Then add more weight. Again, try to max between 3 and 10 reps.
    Now you have your 10 rep max for squats. Write that down in your log book.
    Do that for bench press next. Then Bent over rows. Then, well, you get it now.

When you are done, go home and take 2 or 3 days rest. Then on your start day, do all 7 exercises (in order) with your new starting weights. Two warmup sets (one at quarter weight and one at half weight) and two work sets for the first 3 lifts. The last 4 you only have to do the 2 work sets. Do 8 reps your first week, 9 reps your second week, etc...

If your starting weights are so low that you can't do quarter weight or half weight with the barbell you have two options. You can either use lighter dumbells that equal the warm up weights, or you can just use the bar for both warmups. Both are acceptable. You can decide.

That's it. No more confusion. You are going to do this soon, right?

Good luck.

Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rnewms has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Suffolkpunch i beileve i have enough weight to run all pros the problem is with me i cant lift very much i can do good on bb rows and presses squats and overhead presses but curls not so much.
    So you're not doing all pros because you can't curl very much? It's the compounds you should be focusing on. Put in the effort to figure out how to do it. If you are going to be lazy in figuring out what weight to use I can't imagine you not being lazy in the gym.

muskiguy i really would like to run all pros but im just confused on what to lift my starting weight for each excercise im hoping you can help me overcome this as far as ss goes i didnt run it very long i didnt think the volume was enough for me to really reach my goals and i was told by a certified trainer on this forum that i need high volume low rest.
    According to everything I've ever learned about beginner level weight training that certified trainer is full of ****. You need the opposite. Low volume, High intensity and frequency.

Originally Posted by musikguy72 View Post
    It's not as confusing as you are making it. This is what you should do:

Go to the gym to find your 10 rep max for all lifts. You will actually work out another day.
    Find the weight for each exercise in order. So we start with squats.
    Load up the bar with what you think you can squat between 3 and 10 times. This will give you the most accurate number in the rep calculator.
    Enter the weight used and number of reps here: http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator
    If you don't know what to use as weight, start low. If you can do more than 10 reps, stop at 11 and count that as a warmup. Then add more weight. Again, try to max between 3 and 10 reps.
    Now you have your 10 rep max for squats. Write that down in your log book.
    Do that for bench press next. Then Bent over rows. Then, well, you get it now.

When you are done, go home and take 2 or 3 days rest. Then on your start day, do all 7 exercises (in order) with your new starting weights. Two warmup sets (one at quarter weight and one at half weight) and two work sets for the first 3 lifts. The last 4 you only have to do the 2 work sets. Do 8 reps your first week, 9 reps your second week, etc...

If your starting weights are so low that you can't do quarter weight or half weight with the barbell you have two options. You can either use lighter dumbells that equal the warm up weights, or you can just use the bar for both warmups. Both are acceptable. You can decide.

That's it. No more confusion. You are going to do this soon, right?

Good luck.
    Thats easy to do, i think i got it thanks a ton man appreciate it!! im going to start tonight getting my number down.
    Trying to make it!!!!