500hpSTi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 500hpSTi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 500hpSTi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wheat bread VS brown rice (and diet critique)

So, I started my cutting diet early this year.. Probobly been on it about 12-13 weeks.. I am very close to my goal, but I feel that I will need to kick it up a notch to lose that last few pounds.. My diet has been great so far.. It's about 2600 calories (my maintinence is around 28-2900) and I am very strong in the gym.. I've been using wheat toast as my main carb source (6 slices a day) and so far it's been working out awesome.. The thing is, if you asked for advice, probobly no one would tell you to eat 6 slices of wheat toast everyday.. How much difference is there between wheat toast and brown rice? I'm thinking to switch up to rice instead because it would seem to be a healthier choice, but so far things have been great. I like to use toast mainly because it's very easy to prepare.. I hate cooking, so preperation is key.. Also, on saturday and SOMETIMES sunday I eat whatever I want.. Usually a Chipotle burrito and some pizza later on in the day.. I want to tweak things a bit for the final few weeks to really get shredded.. Feel free to tweak my diet..
    calories- 2579-
    macros
    protein 273- 43%
    carbs 240- 34%
    fat 64- 23%
    This setup has allowed me to lose about 1 lb. per week. I lift 5 days a week and get in 30-45 minutes of cardio at least 4 days/week.
    breakfast- 1 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup oats
    1 scoop whey protein
    2 slices of wheat toast

- workout -

meal 2
    PWO shake

meal 3
    1 chicken breast
    1/2 cup green beans
    2 slices of wheat toast

meal 4
    1 chicken breast
    1/2 cup green beans
    2 slices of wheat toast

meal 5
    1 chicken breast
    1/4 cup almonds

meal 6
    1 cup of skim milk
    1 scoop of whey
    1/4 cup almonds
    Last edited by 500hpSTi; 05-25-2007 at 11:06 AM.