wamay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

P90X - I'm Doing It

I know there has been a couple discussions on this particular section of bodybuilding.com about P90X

Well, mid February I ordered P90X and through the process of waiting for it in the mail and the program lends itself to starting on a Monday, today was my first day of doing the program. Prior to today, I was doing some resistance training with bands and 45 minutes of elliptical 4 to 5 days a week.

My diet wasn't the greatest prior to today either.

ANYWAYS... In the last thread about P90X one of the regulars here pretty much (and rightfully so) said enough talk, lets see before and after pictures. I thought that was a fair request, so I am going to do that.

My current plans are P90X to lose fat. Then once the 90 days are done, into the gym to build muscle. So please don't ostracize me for not lifting just yet

Now I know, I am a disgusting fat body. But hey, that is why I am doing this. So here is a day one picture...
    Attached Images

raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50) raz1875 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck with the program. Keep us updated and lets see some pics after the 90 days are up.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Way to go man, don't wuss out and skip Yoga or Plyo or anything else. You'll learn to love it all so just stick with it and follow the program as written and you will absolutely love the results.

Good luck!

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It will be interesting to track your progress. Wish you the best!

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes
    Stick with the whole program I always hear "I skipped the yoga" etc. You paid good money for this program so don't skip any of it.
    As for not lifting, from what I have seen you will be lifting dumbells probably before your done, you will be lifting your bodyweight a lot, with pushups pullups plyos etc.
    I have never done P90X but I have looked it over and do not doubt its effectiveness, I am glad your have a follow up plan though.

aneas
    Cant say I know anything about the program but good luck.

Your not that fat for the record. Nothing some hard work cant undo in not that long of a time span.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aneas View Post
    Cant say I know anything about the program but good luck.

Your not that fat for the record. Nothing some hard work cant undo in not that long of a time span.
    agreed,
    you dont have a ton to lose so that helps.

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post pics at 30, 60 and 90 days. Good luck, you'll do well.

Editorial comment on P90X: I've watched most of the infomercial and have noticed (as others here have) that the people they show are actually at an average to above average level of fitness, based on the average American. Many of the people shown are also "formerly fit". LEO, firefighters, competitive athletes and such. It is always good marketing to stack the deck in your favor and they do that very well. Jusy my .02
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good luck! You are going to like the changes that this brings.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roger035 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep us posted. Goodluck !!
    " Strive for the impossible to be the possible. " - Roger Serafin

" Using no way as way " & " Having no limitation as limitation " - Bruce Lee

The World is Watching. Stay Strong.

dannygu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dannygu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    God speed to ya. I did the program last year and it's great.
    After triple laproscopic hernia surgery and an emergency appendectomy surgery in late fall, I'm ready to take it on again. Starting today actually! I'm psyched. Good luck
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion...

Day Two

First off, thanks for telling me I am not that fat... The saying is more of a reference from the movie Full Metal Jacket.

Anyways, day one and two in the books as far as workouts go. The chest and back DVD was good. It exercised every major muscle group. I woke up a bit sore this morning but really felt it when I started moving during Plyometrics.

Now Plyometrics. That routine is a BEAST. It will kick your ass if you let it. If it doesn't you aren't trying. 30 minutes into the workout I had sweat pouring into my eyes. I can't wait for this routine again. It is something to be proud of as far as accomplishments go.

The diet is pretty much what I expected. It's real close to what my personal trainer had me on at this time last year. Luckily, it offers a lot of interesting new ideas and I LOVE to cook.

My proposed supplements through this workout will be...
    For a snack 1/2 bar of a EAS Myoplex bar. Which will offer me 15g protien.
    As a pre workout drink, I will be using NO-Xplode for now.
    Immediately after my workouts I will be using Muscle Max High 5 powder.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wamay View Post
    Now Plyometrics. That routine is a BEAST. It will kick your ass if you let it. If it doesn't you aren't trying. 30 minutes into the workout I had sweat pouring into my eyes. I can't wait for this routine again. It is something to be proud of as far as accomplishments go.
    Yes, it definitely is a challenging workout. And the icing is that one of the guys in the vid has a prosthetic leg, so you know if he has heart to do the program....

I have the DVDs but currently I'm doing my own routine right now but I include these plyos once a week

Good luck! It's a fun and challenging workout with lots of variety and you will see results.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also, I really liked the recipe with for the sirloin salad with artichoke hearts. It's quick and easy and tastes great!

there is an over 35 workout journal section if you feel like tracking your progress online, plus other could subscribe to it and keep you honest

antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50) antonbrn will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Your Progress

I also look foward to seeing your progress/after pics. You'll have to post your progress and hopefully your diet.
    Natural is the way to be!

Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000) Seawren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    there is an over 35 workout journal section if you feel like tracking your progress online, plus other could subscribe to it and keep you honest
    I was going to suggest this as well. Start a journal, then others can follow you in your P90X journey!!! Good luck!!!
    SeaWren's Journey to a New Me
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112319701

Journal Started

P90x i did it

Ok, ~90days later I am back.

My critique of P90X is positive. It does work, but like every workout, you get out of it what you put into it. I am starting the second week of another 90 days, this time with more intensity and commitment.

My measurements day one of P90x were: 6'0" 211lbs and 28% body fat.
    My measurements day 90 where: 6'0" 190lbs and 21% body fat.

Some problems that I know held me back:
    1) Diet on the weekends was TOUGH.
    -My wife is not into fitness and she doesn't prepare meals accordingly.
    -I went out twice during the 90 days (These nights were already scheduled prior to getting P90X). I did drink, in moderation. But damn them Hooters wings.

2) I was only able to purchase 20lb dumbells to begin with. Due to a temporary wage cut from my boss, and my daughters running up a cell phone bill that same month, I was unable to purchase heavier weights. So I did the entire 90 days w/ 20lb.

As far as the different workouts:

YogaX just plain sucks. I still do it, but never completed a full 90 minutes. My wrist strength was real weak to begin with so that held me back. Plus the tone of the 90 minutes is just to laid back for my liking. I find myself getting bored to tears about 50 minutes into the workout. So I complete the day with 45 minutes of eliptical.

Plyo is a beast. Some days I just couldn't complete the workout though due to joint pain. As the 90 days wore on, the joint pain went away. I can now complete this workout, with no problem joints wise.

Every other workout is fun and challenging though.

For my second round, I have already purchased 25 and 30 pound dumbells. I start the workout with 30lber's and eventually am using the 25's to complete the workout. Here is my 90 day picture:
    Attached Images

chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wamay View Post
    Ok, ~90days later I am back.

My critique of P90X is positive. It does work, but like every workout, you get out of it what you put into it. I am starting the second week of another 90 days, this time with more intensity and commitment.

My measurements day one of P90x were: 6'0" 211lbs and 28% body fat.
    My measurements day 90 where: 6'0" 190lbs and 21% body fat.

Some problems that I know held me back:
    1) Diet on the weekends was TOUGH.
    -My wife is not into fitness and she doesn't prepare meals accordingly.
    -I went out twice during the 90 days (These nights were already scheduled prior to getting P90X). I did drink, in moderation. But damn them Hooters wings.

2) I was only able to purchase 20lb dumbells to begin with. Due to a temporary wage cut from my boss, and my daughters running up a cell phone bill that same month, I was unable to purchase heavier weights. So I did the entire 90 days w/ 20lb.

As far as the different workouts:

YogaX just plain sucks. I still do it, but never completed a full 90 minutes. My wrist strength was real weak to begin with so that held me back. Plus the tone of the 90 minutes is just to laid back for my liking. I find myself getting bored to tears about 50 minutes into the workout. So I complete the day with 45 minutes of eliptical.

Plyo is a beast. Some days I just couldn't complete the workout though due to joint pain. As the 90 days wore on, the joint pain went away. I can now complete this workout, with no problem joints wise.

Every other workout is fun and challenging though.

For my second round, I have already purchased 25 and 30 pound dumbells. I start the workout with 30lber's and eventually am using the 25's to complete the workout. Here is my 90 day picture:
    Hey congrats to you...can you post on our reg P90 post/forum? alot of people would like to see. You get what you put into it thats right...its not a 90 day miracle but rather a great base, a good change of pace and something you can incorporate a few times a year along with other lifting etc. The 90 days alone helps yu get used to a eating lifestyle change/habit. Hey you did the 90.days..good for you !
    " Your only true competion in life is the person who works harder then you "