mikeyj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Difference between flaked oatmeal and medium oatmeal ?

I'm currently bulking and have been eating alot of oatmeal but when I go and buy it from my local store I have noticed there are two different types there's a superfast oats which contain flaked oats and a medium oatmeal that contains pure oatmeal, both have the same calorific values but are prepared different, does anyone think there is a major difference or should go with either, I currently have been eating the medium but I've got a big bag of the superfast stuff and am going to switch soon.

bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulkin_ up is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    they are the exact same thing,, the only diff is that the flakes are larger and smaller for faster cooking time. as far as cals, pro, fat, carbs, etc etc its all the same.
    "I Support Same Sex Marriage......As Long As Both Chicks Are Hot"

"What Idiot Put The Letter "S" In "Lisp"?

Supplements Used:
    Whey
    Micronized Creatine
    Multi Vitamin/Mineral
    Co-Q10
    Coral Calcium
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin E
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin
    Melatonin

mikeyj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

ok, thanks for reply

323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 323mattb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by bulkin' up
    they are the exact same thing,, the only diff is that the flakes are larger and smaller for faster cooking time. as far as cals, pro, fat, carbs, etc etc its all the same.
    I'm gonna have to differ on this one. As far as oats go, the flakes are gonna cause a more rapid rise in blood sugar as they're more "refined." Rolled oats would be more slow to digest, and even slower still would be steel cut oats (usually only avaliable in health food stores). The carb content would be the same, but the glycemic index would differ (the more refined, the faster the digestion).