Registered User JustinStephan89's Avatar
    JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlift hitching

Im curious what exactly is considered hitching . When i max on deads i get about 3-5 inches from lock and the lift stalls but to compensate i lean back as hard as i can and my left heel raises from the ground a few times until im standing totally erect. Im curious if this is hitching because ive deadlifted like this a bunch of times in highschool meets and have never been told not to . My upper body straightens out first and then my legs . I will try to post a video so you see what i mean and can form opinons, but from what ive stated do you think my lifts would pass in a regular powerlifting meet? Im not resting the bar against my legs when doing this im more or less shrugging really hard and leaning back.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The bar may graze the legs but if it is being supported by the legs it is hitching. Hang on and I will dig up the IPF rule regarding...

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/IPF_rulebook_2007.doc

Page 21.
    Last edited by Kiknskreem; 05-24-2007 at 07:39 PM.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here if you want to see what i mean check out nwiweightlifting.com and go to videos im the 5th and 7th from the top . Those were my opener last year at that comp of 405 and then my 3rd lift breaking the old record by 5lbs setting 440 as a junior.HAHa now that i watched the 440 video again i realise that is def hitching but i dont deadlift that violently any more and actually i think now my weakpoint is right around 3.5-2.5 inches from lock . The reason the 440 looks so ugly is because i followed myself lifting and did 405-430(broke the old total record with this ) and then 440 all within about 3-4 mins.
    Last edited by JustinStephan89; 05-24-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well the issue isn't if the bar is resting, it is if it is being supported by the leg, which can happen while the bar is still in motion.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your feet move it's a red light. The bar can't stop and go, it has to continually move, but it can move real slow as long as you are making progress on the lift.

MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MidwestMonster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To make the top end of your deadlift stronger, put rack pulls as your asisstance lift. Set the support bars to 3-5 inches from lock out, and pull as if you were doing a deadlift.
    United States Air Force DEP - BMT 10 Aug 09
    "Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it."

Military PT Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109105731

Mizzou Football: 8/30, Home v. Illinois
    Tarheel Basketball: N/A

I wish i had the luxury of a power rack ,dbs or anything besides barbells a bench and crappy squat stands but i dont. I lift at home but not for very much longer .

ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottorotvic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    If your feet move it's a red light. The bar can't stop and go, it has to continually move, but it can move real slow as long as you are making progress on the lift.
    I agree with te first part, obviously, but not the second part. The bar can come to a dead stop (which hopefully you'd be able to push through), as long as it does not go down. Tosay that the bar has continually move upwards withoutstopping would not be correct in my opinion.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ottorotciv

lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Typically, judges look to see if the skin bunches beneath the bar. If that happens, your thighs are supporting the weight.

Most feds allw a stop, but not downard motion. The skin under the bar denotes downward motion.

Often people look down after the bar crosses the knees. The can cause hitching, racking or the bar stopping.