Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Homemade protien recepies for everything!!!

BTW, i would appreciate feedback, and i hope that one day i can make this into a seperate page of some sort or something. Point of this is that i noticed we have all these sections for older people and nothing for teens. hope this helps. the research helped me!!

PART 1

These recipies are for the money challenged teen. We all see the mrps and protien bars in the stores and (at least i do) wish we could afford them. but, usually, we dont have the cash flow for 2.50 a bar. lol anyway. point is these are fast and easy(most of them any away) recepies for all sorts of crap. they are also great to make if your mom is like mine and has something against either spending money or protien. mine is always complaining that im gonna kill myself with it. soi this way its hidden, and you are saving a whole assload of money by not buying them from GNC. in regards to protien, feel free to use generic 5 lb tub of it. it works just as well and is cheap so you dont have to use your more expensive ****!! Also, i did not get these recepies from bb.com or any of the forums so dont whine that you "just posted them" cuz i dont care. also, most are not my origional creations, just variations on stff, so props to those who made them!!! good luck, i hope these help(i know they helped me) and good eating!!!!

Fast, Cheap and Simple

1 cup Natural peanut butter
    8 tablespoons honey
    1&1/4 cups whey protein powder
    1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together (get your hands in man!!) can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!

protein 20g, carbs 30g and fat 20g of which only 3g are saturated. Those figures are per bar, don't forget your 128g fat divides into 10 to 12 bars and most of the fat in pb is healthy fat which the body uses similar to carbs. The ammounts may vary slightly depending on recipe adjustments, they are well worth the 10 to 15 mins to make. Enjoy your eating bro's

FOR VEGANS!!!!!

a 40-30-30 zone food

3 cups rolled oats
    3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
    1 cup soy protein
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 tablespoons fructose (or however much sugar)
    1/2 cup pecans or sunflower seeds chopped (optional..i guess)
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    1/3 cup chopped dried fruit or raisins
    1/2 cup water or apple juice
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 cup flour, oat or rice flour; as needed to thicken
    1 cup or more additional liquid (milk maybe? or if you are really serious....soy milk?) to achieve texture (varies, depending on additions)
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a cookie sheet.

Mix everything but the flour, let it sit a few minutes, then beat with a fork until it begins to thicken. Add enough liquid or flour to make a stiff dough.

Roll or pat out on the cookie sheet, about 1/4 inch thick, cut 20 pieces. Cut with cookie cutter or roll out a rectangle on a greased cookie sheet and separate into 4x5 rectangles for 20 biscuits or bars.

Bake 12 minutes.

The apple juice adds additional carbs, but nice flavor, and some folks enjoy a little cinnamon. If you are NOT vegan, you can beat in some eggs and reduce the water or apple juice for a little better texture and protein.

HIGH PROTEIN SNACK BARS

1/2 c. butter
    1 c. peanut butter
    1 1/2 c. or 12 oz. carob chips
    1 c. wheat germ
    1 c. shredded coconut
    1 c. chopped nuts
    1/2 c. sesame seeds
    1/2 c. sunflower seeds
    May substitute granola for these ingredients.

Melt butter, peanut butter and chips. Mix all and press into 9x13 inch pan. Chill until firm. really easy....really really easy!!!)

(Note: Although these are sugar free they are not low calorie - high fat content.)

Cereal Protien Bars

(makes a decent breakfast)

1/2 c. white syrup
    3/4 c. crunchy peanut butter
    3 c. Rice Krispies, corn flakes, ect.
    1 tsp. vanilla

Boil sugar and syrup until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until melted. Add cereal. Put in buttered 9-inch pan. DON'T BAKE! Sprinkle 1 package butterscotch chips and 1/2 package chocolate chips over top. (or all chocolate if thats what your into) Place under broiler for just a few seconds. Spread, cool, and cut.

Oat ?n? Banana Slices

Ingredients:

6 Egg Whites
    1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)
    200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)
    60g Banana Flavoured Whey Protein Powder (Any other flavor could be used.)
    150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)
    2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)
    2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)
    Preparation:

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
    Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)
    Find a baking tray approx 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.
    Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.
    Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.
    Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
    Leave to cool and then cut into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.

Nutrition: Each slice contains approximately: Protein: 12.4g from mixed sources (Whey, Egg & Oats) Carbohydrate: 21.6g Fat: 2.1g Fat Please Note that these nutritional values have been calculated using the figures from the ingredients, added together and divided by eight (the number of slices). These figures may vary depending on the manufacturer of your protein powder and also the size of the eggs that you use.
    (each slice contains 155 kcals.) Comment: Oats are a complex carbohydrate which offer a slow and sustained flow of energy. Oats also have high fibre and great nutritional value. they make an excellent pre workout meal.

Brownies

Ingredients:

60 grams chocolate protein powder
    3/4 cup oat flour (if you don't have any just put some oats in a blender and chop them until they are powder)
    3 tbsp sugar
    3 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    a dash salt
    2 egg whites
    3/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
    3 tbsp peanut butter
    2 tbsp. water
    1 tsp. vanilla extract ? optional
    Preparation:
    Mix the ingredients together and pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
    Bake at 350 degrees farengheit for 18 min.
    Makes 9 brownies. Each brownie is 30 40 40 balanced.

Chewy Protein Bars

These are not quite like the ones you buy in the store, but I like them. These bars are also balanced 30-40-40 or zone friendly.

Ingredients:

3 tbsp. oatmeal (you can either grind it up into a powder using a blender or just use rolled oats)
    3 tbsp. milk
    35 grams protein powder
    2 tbsp. peanut butter (you could use almond butter or olive oil as well)
    2 tbsp. + 3 tablespoons of sugar
    2-tbsp. hot water mixes the oatmeal with the milk.

Preparation:
    Add the protein powder and peanut butter. Mix until it looks crumbly. If you have big chunks, then make them smaller by mashing them with a fork or whatever.
    Mix the sugar with the hot water. Stir until dissolved.
    Add the water with sugar to the oatmeal mixture and use your hands to combine everything (dig into them) You really have to use your hands because a spoon or fork just doesn't mix everything properly.
    Place the mixture in a wax paper lined container.
    Cut into 6 bars and place in the fridge to cool.
    Oatmeal Protein Bars:

Ingredients:

3 cups oatmeal
    140 grams protein powder
    3/4 cup peanut butter
    1 cup milk
    2 egg whites
    1 cup apple sauce
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    You can also add fructose or sugar, I dont because my protein powder is sweetened enough.

Preparation:

Combine the above ingredients and put in a oiled (use pam) 9x9 pan.
    Bake @ 350 for 35 min.
    Makes 8 bars. When they are cool, put them in the fridge or they will go to shat in a few days.
    These are great for breakfast. I use chocolate protein powder and I don't always put apple sauce in (I usually don't have any). I just put more milk in. Make sure that the mixture is not too dry, but it shouldn't be watery like soup either or it will take forever to cook. You can also add cinnamon. I do that when I use vanilla protein powder.

Bulking Bars!!!

Be warned, though. Kinda makes, um, defecation rather enthusiastic.

Ingredients:

300g Oats
    25g The Ministry of Fitness Vanilla Whey
    40g Crunchy Peanut Butter
    2 (60g) Eggs
    1 Banana (120g)
    1 tablespoon Honey
    100ml Regular Milk
    Pinch salt
    Generous pinch Cinnamon
    Preparation:

Add Oats to mixing bowl.
    Add whey, mix briefly.
    Add pinch salt, and cinnamon.
    Add Peanut Butter. Mix, trying to break peanut butter up into small lumps. Mix briefly.
    Gradually add lightly beaten eggs, while mixing.
    Add (mashed) banana, mix well.
    Add honey, mix.
    Gradually add milk, whilst mixing.
    Place in lightly oiled or greaseproof paper lined square baking tin (I used a 7"x7"x1.5" tin)
    Bake at moderate oven temp. (180 deg) for 20-25 mins, or until golden brown.
    I have just made these for the first time. They smell nice, are slightly soft-centred due to the banana, and taste quite good, although very oat-ey. I got 8 slices out of the mixture. Each slice is :

135.5 kcals
    7.5g Protein
    14g Carbs
    5.5g Fat
    ..based on the ingredients used. These bars were made with the intention of convenient food while bulking. I would have preferred more protein in the bars. Next time, I will add more whey, another banana and egg, and possibly less oats. They are great for bulking phase, and if you can change the recepie, prob cutting as well! Enjoy
    note; another 50grams of whey would put the Protein to Carbohydrate ratio at 1:1 and this would be good and the bars would still retain their moist, rich texture.

anyway, im gonna go post a few more in like 5, 10 min (this is getting too long) so i hope they help and...ENJOY!
    Last edited by WhiteFire; 06-17-2004 at 04:37 PM.

nib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesom recipes i will probably try them once i get the time by the way how long did it take you yo write this up.

WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PART 2

This will be more in depth so….well, Ive warned you (more explanation at least!!)

Protien Nutrtion Bar

A great protein nutrition bar at a mere fraction of the cost of packaged protein bars but none of their glycerin, preservatives, or sugar! These easy-to-make low-fat protein bars are high in fiber content and taste great with a spread of natural peanut butter across the top. with a protein drink, they make a well-balanced meal.
    8 minutes to prepare
    1. Preheat oven to 325°. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl and blend well.
    2. In separate bowl, combine eggwhites, orange juice, applesauce, and sugar-free syrup and stir until well blended.
    3. Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. The consistency will be thick and similar to cookie dough.
    4. Spread batter onto a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray. Use a 9x12 baking dish if you prefer thicker bars. Bake until edges are crisp and browned (about 15 minutes depending on bar thickness)
    5. Cut into 10 bars and refrigerate in airtight container.

TIPs

1.If you find you want a more moist consistency, add a little more applesauce to the recipe for softness.
    2.Baking with applesauce: Did you know you can replace the oil in a recipe with an equal measure of applesauce? Applesauce will add the same moisture but not the added fat and it won’t alter the flavor.
    3.Bars may also be frozen and thawed in microwave before eating.
    4.Per Serving: Calories- 140 Carbs- 23g Protein- 15g Fat- .5 g Fiber- 4 g
    What You Need:
    •3 1/2 cups quick oats
    •1 1/2 cups powdered non-fat milk
    •1 cup sugar-free (diabetic) pancake syrup (Cozy Cottage, Cary's or Howard's bran
    •2 egg whites, beaten
    •1/4 cup orange juice
    •1 tsp vanilla
    •1/4 c. natural applesauce (no added sugar)
    •4 scoops chocolate or vanilla protein powder

Low CARB BARS!

Ingredients
    2 tbsp no-sugar peanut butter
    2 tbsp butter, melted
    ½ tsp liquid artificial sweetener
    1/4 cup Splenda
    1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer
    Whey protein powder, see * Note

Directions
    * Note: It's best to use the "scoop" that comes with the package, but in case it's lost (or you use another brand), this is approximately 1/3 of a cup.*
    Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.)
    Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm.

This recipe yields 4 bars; approximately 2 carb grams per bar.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 51 Calories; 6g Fat (99.5% calories from fat); trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 16mg
    Cholesterol; 59mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Fat.

Energy Bars-Unbaked

1 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup wheat germ
    1/2 cup oat bran
    1/2 cup vanilla protein power
    1 cup crunchy peanut butter
    1 cup raisins or dried fruit of your choice/chopped
    1 cup chocolate chips
    1 cup light Karo syrup
    Honey can be substituted for Karo. Carob chips for chocolare chips. All these things can be found at any health food store, and in most of the Super Size Super Markets that now have sections for the dried organic food stuff.

Mix all ingredients well. Pat out on wax paper into a large rectangle. Take a large knife and divide into bar shaped rectangles. Put these in Ziploc bags and freeze ‘til you need them. Simple. Easy.

Energy Bars
    Road Putty

Thoroughly combine equal parts of Non-fat dry milk powder Honey, and Peanut butter
    Roll into logs and wrap in wax paper.

The honey and peanut butter are two of the best sources of energy, and not just the “sugar blitz” you get from some of the store bought stuff. This gives sustained energy, and is extremely easy to make.

candy bar/breakfast bar
    1 serving

1 pkg alba or ww chocolate drink
    2 tbsp coffee
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    2 tbsp raisins
    2 tbsp oatmeal

mix all together; place on plastic wrap. shape into a log. freeze. cut in slices.
    ww exchanges:1 milk, 1 fruit, 1 bread, 1 protein, 1 fat

CHEAP to make

2 Level scoops of chocolate or vanilla soy or whey-based protein powder
    1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
    1/4 Cup oatmeal
    4 Egg whites
    1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    Mix the egg whites and uncooked oatmeal. Add the remaining ingredients.
    Spray a nonstick cooking spray in an 8"x8" baking dish. Spread the mixture in an even layer, over the bottom of the dish. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edge starts to pull away from the sides of the dish.

Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into bars.

Makes 9 bars.

Nutritional information-
    Calories- 251
    Protein- 34g
    Fat- 7g
    Carbohydrates- 13g

Ingredients:

2 Level scoops of chocolate soy or whey-based protein powder
    1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
    1/4 Cup steel cut oatmeal*
    4 Egg whites
    1/4 Teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 Cup unsweetened applesauce
    Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Mix egg whites & uncooked oatmeal. Add remaining ingredients.
    Spray nonstick cooking spray in a 8"x8" baking dish. Spread mixture in an even layer, over the bottom of the dish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edge starts to pull away from the sides of the dish.
    Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into bars.
    Makes 9 bars

Nutritional information-
    Calories- 251
    Protein- 34g
    Fat- 7g
    Carbohydrates- 13g

* Steel cut oats refers to the basic chopping of oats from their original form.

mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mr00bill will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Great post, i think i will try the first protein bar recipe

Originally posted by nib
    awesom recipes i will probably try them once i get the time by the way how long did it take you yo write this up.
    thank you. as time goes on i will be adding more and more recepies for teens like me and you. lol. and in respone, it took weeks of trying and hours of typing...because i type like a retard..... newho, next is Shakes and such (i already have it almost all the way typed so it will prob be up today.....)

Resident Canadian master_no_name's Avatar
    master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    AWSOME post man! were did you get all these? I will try some of those for SURe. I wanted to post abou recepies for teens who work all day in the summer, and have to bring 3 lunches with them.

Man, these are great, im rating this 5 stars! (first time i rate any post).
    thumbs up man.

BUT, wont all that honey turn into fat really quick? sugar is bad in big quantities no?
    Negged by BPP!

SHAKES

These are straight out of bb.com., ill be posting my own and others soon...(today, hopefully)

Berry Good Shake

Ingredients:

Mix 2 scoops of Raspberry Yogurt Protein Delite or other protein with
    4 strawberries
    15 blueberries
    16 ounces of nonfat milk
    1.2 cup of ice cubes.
    It is so good that you should serve it with a little umbrella in it!

Protein-Carb Almond Blast

Ingredients:

Mix 2 Scoops of Vanilla MyoMax Meal or other protein with
    10-12 oz of skim milk
    1.2 cup of dry oatmeal
    1.2 cup of raisins
    12 shredded almonds
    1 tbsp of peanut butter.
    It's like pudding!

Strawberry Nut Shake

Ingredients:

Mix 2 Scoops of Vanilla Isolean or other protein with
    1 cup of fat-free strawberry yogurt
    6 shredded macadamia nuts.

Plub Ice Shake

Ingredients:

Mix 2 scoops of Vanilla Scipro or other protein with
    1 ripe plum (pitted) juice of 1 lemon
    16 ounces of ice water
    1.2 cup of ice cubes.

Peppermint Oatmeal Shake

Ingredients:

Mix 2 scoops of Alpine Milk Chocolate Protein Delite or other protein with
    1 cup sugar free vanilla ice cream
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 cups non-fat milk
    1.2 cup water
    a splash of peppermint extract!

Chocolate Coffee Shake

Ingredients:

Mix 2 scoops of Alpine Milk Chocolate Protein Delite or other protein with:
    1 cup of skim milk
    5 ice cubes
    1 cup of water
    1 spoonful of instant coffee!
    Tastes like a gourmet concoction!

Plum-Lemon Cooler

Ingredients:

2 scoops vanilla flavor whey protein powder (Whey Best, Scipro)
    1 ripe plum, pitted
    juice of 1 lemon
    1 tablespoon multi-vitamin powder
    16 ounces ice water
    1/2 cup ice cubes

Wild Berry Boost

Ingredients:

8 raspberries
    4 strawberries
    15 blueberries
    16 ounces nonfat milk
    1/2 cup ice cubes

Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffle

Ingredients:

2 scoops chocolate flavor whey protein powder (Whey Best, Scipro)
    1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
    16 ounces nonfat milk
    1/2 cup ice cubes

Creatine Catalyst

Ingredients:

5 Granny Smith apples
    5 grams (one teaspoon) Creapureä creatine powder
    1/2 cup ice cubes
    Special Thanks To Reformmag.com For These Recipes!

Peanut Brittle Protein Shake

This is a delicious favorite I discovered quite by accident as I sat staring at my "boring" vanilla protein powder and wanting something sweet. This mimics peanut brittle only in taste. It won't send your blood sugar soaring and it's a fun way to get in some healthy unsaturated fat.

Ingredients:

2 scoops vanilla protein
    1 tbsp sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix, dry
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter, chunky
    8 oz. cold water or lowfat milk.
    3-6 ice cubes
    Directions:

Add all ingredients to blender, blend, and serve. I like to add the peanut butter in last so it stays a little chunky, just like the peanut brittle it is replacing.

Nutritional Information for added ingredients (excludes milk & protein powder):

Per Serving:
    Calories - 108
    Carbs - 6 g
    Protein - 4g
    Fat - 8 g
    Fiber - 1g

The Hulk

This is a pistachio flavored shake that I came up with one busy morning for my son. He loved it because it was green and walked around the rest of the day doing lat spreads that "ripped" his shirt. I loved it because it only added 19 calories to my protein shake.

Ingredients:

2 scoops vanilla protein
    1 ½ tbsp sugar-free pistachio pudding mix
    1 mint leaf or a few drops peppermint extract (optional)
    1 few drops green food coloring (optional)
    8 oz. cold water or low-fat milk
    3-5 ice cubes
    Directions:

Add all ingredients to blender, blend, and pour into cup. This tastes great without the mint so don't worry if you don't have it around. The shake is a light green even without the food coloring but if you want it green (like The Hulk!), you'll need a few drops.

Per Serving:
    Calories - 19
    Carbs - 5g
    Protein - 0g
    Fat - 0g
    Fiber - 0g

Oatmeal Meal Replacement Shake

This is a homemade meal replacement that contains all the nutrition of a hearty bowl of oatmeal. It's got complex carbs, protein, and a little good fat to extend its contribution to your energy stores. If you expect the rest of the day to be hectic, why not double it up and take half of the shake to work to ensure you don't skip a meal just because you'll be stuck in a meeting.

Ingredients:

½ cup dry measure oatmeal, cooked in water and cooled
    2 scoops vanilla protein
    3 dashes cinnamon
    1/8 c sugar free maple syrup or equivalent amount brown sugar replacement
    1 tbsp chopped almonds (or flaxseed oil or natural peanut butter)
    12 oz. water or low-fat milk
    Directions:

Add all ingredients to blender, blend, and pour into cup. If your short on time, just use dry oatmeal or oat flour.

Per Serving:
    Calories - 215
    Carbs - 33g
    Protein - 7g
    Fat - 7g
    Fiber - 5g

Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake

Ingredients:

2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1 tbsp sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp imitation vanilla (or 1/4 tsp extract)
    1 packet artificial sweetener
    a few dashes butter flavor sprinkles or butter-flavor extract
    8 oz. water (or low-fat milk)
    3 ice cubes
    Directions:

Add all ingredients to blender, whip, and serve.

Nutritional Information:

Aor added ingredients (excludes protein powder & use of milk)
    Calories - 25
    Carbohydrates - 5g
    Protein - 0g
    Fat - 0 g
    Fiber - 0 g

Nada Colada Protein Shake

Ingredients:

1/2 c pineapple-orange juice*
    1/4 tsp rum extract
    1/4 tsp coconut extract (or 2 tbsp shredded coconut)
    1 packet artificial sweetener
    4 oz. water (or low-fat milk)
    3-6 ice cubes

Low-carb version: Omit juice and use 1/2 tsp sugar-free pineapple-orange drink mix (dry). Increase water or milk to 8 oz.

Directions:

Add all ingredients to blender, whip, and serve.

Nutritional Information:

for added ingredients (excludes protein powder & use of milk)
    Calories - 61
    Carbohydrates - 15g
    Protein - 0g
    Fat - 1g
    Fiber - 0g

Jay Robb Whey & Egg White Protein Shake Recipes

Banana Delight

Ingredients:

8 oz. pure water
    1/2 banana (frozen)
    2 oz. protein of choice
    2 tsp. flax seed oil

Blueberry Dream

Ingredients:

10 oz. Pure water
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
    1.5 oz. protein of choice
    2 tsp. flax seed oil
    15 drops liquid stevia (optional)

Fat Burning Peaches and Cream

Ingredients:

8 oz. pure water
    1 ripe peach
    2 tbs. low fat sour cream
    8 drops liquid stevia (optional)
    1.5 oz protein of choice
    Quick Start

Ingredients:

3 oranges (fresh juiced only, NOT canned or bottled
    6 drops liquid stevia (optional)
    1 oz. protein of choice

Tropical Treat

Ingredients:

8 oz. pure water
    1/2 banana (frozen)
    1 tsp. coconut extract
    10-15 drops liquid stevia (optional)
    1.5 oz. protein of choice (vanilla flavor)

Tropical Pleasure

Ingredients:

8 oz. pure water
    1/2 tsp. pineapple extract
    1/2 tsp. coconut extract
    1 tbs heavy cream
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 heaping scoop (1 oz) of Egg Protein
    Stevia or Agave to taste (optional)
    2-3 ice cubes (optional)

Chocolate Almond Delight

Ingredients:

10-12 oz. pure water
    15 raw almonds
    1/2 tsp. coconut extract
    1.5 oz protein of choice (chocolate flavor)
    Stevia to taste (optional)
    3-5 ice cubes (optional)
    (first, blend the almonds until creamy smooth in 1/2 the water, then add the rest of the ingredients)

Chocolate Lovers

Ingredients:

12 oz pure water
    1 tsp. pure cocoa powder
    10-15 drops liquid stevia
    2 oz. protein of choice (chocolate flavor)
    2 tsp. flax seed oil

High Energy Shake!

Ingredients:

10 oz pure water
    10 strawberries (Fresh or Frozen)
    1 tbs. flax seed oil
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 heaping scoop (1 oz) of protein of choice
    2-3 ice cubes (optional)

Super Slimmer

Ingredients:

8 oz. pure water
    1 tbs. flax seed oil
    1/2 ripe peach (peeled)
    6 frozen strawberries
    1 heaping scoop (1 oz) of of protein of choice

Heavy Gainer

Ingredients:

10-14 oz. pure water
    1/2 cup raw almonds - blend with water only until creamy smooth then add...
    1/2 large frozen banana
    2 level scoops (2 oz) of protein of choice

Weight Gainer

Ingredients:

14 oz. pure water
    2 bananas or 2 scoops YAM Power
    3 tbs. peanut butter
    6 drops liquid stevia (optional)
    2 oz. protein of choice

Mineral Power

Ingredients:

10 oz. pure water
    1 oz. liquid ionic plant source minerals
    1 packet knox gelatin
    1 tbs. flax seed oil
    1 heaping scoop (1 oz) of protein of choice
    Stevia or to taste (optional

Super Healthy Honey Banana Shake

Super healthy shake that tastes pretty damn good - the flax seed oil helps the nutrients digest gradually so you get a steady supply of protein, I always put some honey in, cause it's healthier than sugar, and after a workout it will feed your body's need for simple sugar.

Ingredients:

1 cup of pure water
    1 big scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
    3/4 cup of natural yoghurt
    1 banana
    1 tsp of flax-seed oil
    2 tsp of honey
    1 tsp spirulena
    The spirulena definately changes the color and flavor of this shake alot! So if you cant get used to the taste simply leave it out. The shake provides carbs, protein and plenty of vitamins/minerals, so you can easily use it as a meal replacement.

weird recepies...still cheap though

Heres a couple weird ones I had to include…..if you have the time to do it, feel free. They are also both cheaper(in the long run) than actually going out and buying premaid crap. Some of the first time ingredients are a little expensive, but as youll see, you only really need to buy them once. In the long run it works out great!!

Ingredients
    750g strong wholemeal flour
    60g butter
    2 tsp salt
    25g fresh yeast
    30g soya flour
    500ml tepid water
    olive oil for greasing tin
    1tsp caster sugar
    60g whey protein isolate powder

Method
    Put all flours into a bowl, rub butter in with fingertips, then stir in salt and whey isolate powder.

Blend the yeast and caster sugar together until it liquifies, make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in liquified yeast and suagr and then the tepid water. Using a wooden spoon, mix to a soft but not sticky dough

Lightly oil a large bowl. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Shape into a round ball and place in the bowl. cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 1-1.5 hours until the doung has doubled in size.

Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knock back with your fists. Knead vigorously for 2-3 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.

Lightly oil the loaf tin. Shape the dough to fit the tin, tucking the ends underneath to give a smooth top, and place in the tin. Cover lossely with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for about 30 minutes until the dough reaches the top of the tin.

Lightly dust the top of the loaf with flour and bake in a preheated oven at 230C (450F, Gas 8) for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Turn the loaf out of the tin and tap the base to see if it is cooked: it should sound hollow.

Leave the loaf to cool on a wire rack.

I noticed on one of the posts that people were having trouble finding where to buy beef jerky .I have a recipe for beef jerky that works out far cheaper than buying the pre packed stuff . You need the following 2lb lean braising steak . 3fl oz soy sauce .2 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp onion salt .1 tbsp worcester sauce .half tsp ground white pepper . Remove all the fat from the meat and cut into strips .This is easier if you half freeze the meat first . Then mix with all other ingredients and leave over night . next day put in a very low oven (about 110 should do) on a rack over a tray and leave for about 5-6 hours . Great snack . The first time you make it it may seem expensive but most of the stuff you only buy the first time .

Weight Gainer Recepie!!!
    Think you're hardcore?
    Try this on for size.

INGREDIENTS:
    1.2kg tuna
    2kg cottage cheese
    200g (weighed dry) cooked brown rice.
    500g olives (pre-sliced is nice)
    3 onions
    3 apples
    cayenne pepper (2 tbsp or more)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    -Slice onions and apples into thin slices.
    -Mix all ingredients in a BIG BOWL.
    -Divide into 18 equal portions
    -You're done.

Nutritional Content per Portion:
    256 cals
    32.5g protein
    4.06g fats (all good really)
    21.57g carbs

If you're bulking make portion sizes bigger and you might wanna consider adding a bit more rice to the mix.

PS : Don't Diss it Till you Tried It. It's actually pretty good.

Also, this site can make your life a hell of a lot easier!!! http://www.nutritiondata.com/

Fast & Easy Cottage Cheese Combos

High Protein Snack Ideas
    Cottage Cheese is a great high protein snack that is often overlooked for its protein content. Just one half cup serving of low-fat 2% cottage cheese has 16 grams protein. Those who closely monitor their carb intake may be pleased to know that a serving yields only 4-5 grams of carbs. Cottage cheese is also available in 4%, 1%, and fat-free versions and both small curd and large curd sizes. Small curd is drier, cooked longer and cut smaller that its softer, large curd shelf companion.
    If you've avoided it because you've envisioned the only way of serving it was plopping it on a lonely lettuce leaf, here are a few flavor combinations for you to try with your next scoop.

Pepper: Sprinkle cottage cheese with a few dashes of fresh crack pepper.

"Tapioca" Pudding: If you like tapioca pudding, try this low-carb alternative. For each ½ cup serving, mix in ½ tsp vanilla flavoring and 1 packet artificial sweetener.

Summer Fruit: A few strawberries, blueberries, diced peaches, chopped banana, or pineapple chunks sprinkled on top go a long way with cottage cheese. Stick with the berries if you prefer low-glycemic fruits. If the fructose is a concern, try using dash of tropical or strawberry-banana flavored sugar-free drink mix as an alternative fruity flavoring.

Morning Preserves: Add 1 tbsp sugar-free or reduced sugar preserves per ½ cup cottage cheese.

Chocolate Mousse: Add a ½ scoop of chocolate flavored protein (or 1 tsp of cocoa + 2 packets artificial sweetener), 1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix and whip in blender (you may need to add a little water or milk to thin it a little bit). Top with diced walnuts or almonds if desired and chill until set or ready to eat.

a few more for ya

One more bar type and a bunch of shakes!! Enjoy!!

Protien in School

recipe for cutting. I have found that this recipe is easy to make, but the bars also hold together very well, and taste very good.

INGREDIENTS

10 tbsp. natural peanut butter
    5 egg whites
    5 scoops whey protein (I find that chocolate mint tastes the best in this recipe, however chocolate tastes good as well)
    2 cups oats (OPTIONAL: For flavor, I dry cook these on a frying pan until they are toasted)
    1/2 cup soy milk

DIRECTIONS

Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.

Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the soy milk and follow with the oats. Continue mixing until a thick 'sticky' mixture is present.

Smooth the thick mixture into a 13x9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar (I use aluminum foil) and store in the fridge.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar

Calories: 220
    Protein: 20.1g
    Fat: 10.1g
    Carbohydrates: 15.1g

Because I am limited on my options for pre-workout meals while in school, I bring these along. They are very easy to make, and portable at that! Give them a try and let me know what you think.

Now for protein shakes…

WARNING; extremely stupid names ahead!!! Well, they are only so you can get an idea of what is in them……have fun bros

Chocolate Peanut Butter Supreme:
    (Lean Mass Gain)
    12 oz. water
    4 ice cubes
    1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
    1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    2 scoops chocolate protein powder

Mocha Shake:
    (Lean Mass Gain)
    6 oz. water
    4 ice cubes
    2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
    6 oz.. coffee*
    *You may use 12 oz. coffee and no water for an extra pre-workout or morning kick!

Frozen Chocolate Banana
    (Lean Mass Gain)
    12 oz. Water
    4 to 5 ice cubes
    1 banana
    1 tablespoon heavy cream

German Chocolate Cake:
    (Lean Mass Gain)
    12 oz. water
    4 ice cubes
    1 tablespoon heavy cream
    1 tablespoon cream of coconut

Tangerine Cream:
    (Maximum Fat Loss or Lean Mass Gain)
    12 oz. Tangerine Diet Rite
    4 Ice Cubes
    1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream
    1 to 3 scoops vanilla protein powder

Root Beer Float:
    (Maximum Fat Loss or Lean Mass Gain)
    1 can Diet A&W Root Beer
    1 to 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
    4 ice cubes
    1 to 3 scoops vanilla protein powder

Pineapple Blast:
    (Lean Mass Gain Fat Burning and off Season)
    4 ice cubes
    12 oz. water
    1/2 cup pineapple chunks

Pina Colada
    (Lean Mass Gain Fat Burning and Off Season)
    12 oz. water
    4 ice cubes
    3 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1/3 cup Pineapple chunks
    2 tsp. Coconut extract
    Ultra Oatmeal: (mix ingredients after cooking)
    (Lean Mass Gain Fat Burning and Off Season)
    1 serving cooked plain oatmeal (1/2 cup precooked)
    1 to 1½ scoops vanilla protein powder

Power Fudge: Vanilla or Chocolate
    (Lean Mass Gain Fat Burning)
    1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
    3 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
    *mix together in a bowl until ingredients reach consistency of cake icing. May be refrigerated or frozen.

Peanut Butter Muscle Balls:
    (Lean Mass Gain Off Season)
    Follow directions for power fudge. Form peanut butter into small balls slightly larger than a marble. Coat with Power Fudge by rolling together to create a chocolate covered peanut butter ball. Refrigerate for 2 hours. May be frozen to speed up process.

Chocolate Banana Shake
    1 to 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
    6 to 8 ounces of water
    4 to 6 ice cubes
    8 strawberries
    Mix in a blender on medium for 1 minute. Pour into a tall glass. Enjoy!

Chocolate Banana Shake
    6 to 8 ounces of water
    4 to 6 ice cubes
    1 banana

Chocolate Strawberry Blast
    6 to 8 ounces of water
    4 to 6 ice cubes
    8 strawberries

Vanilla Banana Creamy
    1 to 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
    6 to 8 ounces of water or whole (or 2%) milk
    6 ice cubes
    1 banana

Rasberry Chocolate Thick
    6 to 8 ounces of whole (or 2%) milk
    6 ice cubes
    8 rasberries
    Mix in a blender on medium for 1 minute. Pour into a tall glass. Drink or eat with a spoon!

Banana Cheerio Quickfast
    Great for a super fast morning meal
    6 to 8 ounces of water
    4 to 6 ice cubes
    1 banana
    3/4 cup cup or original cheerios

Orange Creamsicle
    6 to 8 ounces of water
    4 to 6 ice cubes
    1 to 2 peeled oranges

Blueberry Blaster
    6 to 8 ounces of water
    4 to 6 ice cubes
    20-30 blueberries

Mocha Surprise
    Save some leftover coffee and add about 1/2 cup to your next chocolate shake. Adds 0 calories but lots of taste.

Orange Tangy
    Add a dash of sugar free Tang to a vanilla protein shake. Adds less than 10 calories and brings back childhood memories of enjoying the real thing.
    Grasshopper
    A few drops of mint extract will turn your chocolate shake into a chocolate mint treat.
    Eggnog
    Add a dash of cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg and a sprinkle of butter buds to a vanilla shake to create a eggnog flavor.
    Protein & Oatmeal Pancakes
    Ingredients
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    2 or 3 egg whites scrambled (or 1/2 cupe eggbeaters)
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    dash of pumpkin pie spice
    1/8 tsp sweet-n-low brown
    Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and allow mixture to thicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour onto preheated frying pan or griddle. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.. Makes 1 serving.
    Variation- Add 1/2 pack sugar free apple cider mix. Lots of flavor and only 8 more calories.

Peanut Butter Balls
    Ingredients
    1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
    1/4 cup honey
    1 1/2 scoop vanilla protein
    Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Roll by hand into 1" balls and chill until firm (about an hour). They make great high protein snacks and are an excellent source of healthy fats. Makes 4 servings.

Protein Pudding Shots
    Try mixing your scoop of protein with 2 tbs fat free, sugar free pudding mix and 1 oz ice water. Allow mixture to thicken and eat it with a spoon. Adds 50 calories and 6 grams of carbohydrates.
    Last edited by WhiteFire; 06-17-2004 at 03:27 PM.

negative calorie snacks

had to add this. these are foods that have what are called negative calories. this is because your body requires more energy to digest them than the foods actually contain. completely guilt free, healthy foods!! andy crrections? pm me with your additions, ideas, or recepies you want added!!

Vegetables

asparagus
    beet
    broccoli
    cabbage (green)
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celeriac (celery root)
    celery chicory
    Chile peppers (hot)
    cucumber
    dandelion
    endive
    garden cress
    garlic
    green beans
    lamb's lettuce
    lettuce
    onion
    papaya
    radishes
    spinach
    turnip
    zucchini

Fruits

apple
    cranberries
    grapefruit
    lemon mango
    orange
    pineapple raspberries
    strawberries
    tangerine

Talking Creatine Candy

one final recepie...try it...fun for the whole family. great easter present!!! takes a buttload of work, but its worth it if you have nothing else to do....

Ingredients

1 1/4 oz. creatine
    6 tablespoons corn sugar
    2/3 cup orange juice
    4 envelopes Knox gelatin, softened in 1/4 cup water
    6 tablespoons light corn syrup
    1/4 teaspoon orange food coloring
    1/2 teaspoon orange extract
    Confectioners sugar

Mix the corn sugar, creatine with orange juice, and corn syrup in a pan, and bring to a boil. Then, add the gelatin-water mixture, followed by the food coloring and orange extract. Pour into a 6 by 6 inch baking pan and let it cool for at least 6 hours. During the cooling process, you should score the candy to create 36 even sized squares. This will make it easier to break apart later. Afte completely cooled, break into squares and coate the outside with Confectioners sugar. You can also wrap the candy in wax paper to make it easier to carry with you. Each piece of candy contains 5 grams of creatine.

BUMP

moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good post man Im going to try some of these things out for myself
    *Strong Join Date Crew (pre-2005)*

alright, glad to see im helping someone! lol thanks bro

beef jerky

This recipe was my first and was mainly derived from recipes Ive found. So thanks to all for the ideasThis one is easy for a first timer and is as basic as it gets...

1 10oz bottle of Soy sauce
    1 10oz bottle of Worchestershire
    2 Tablespoons of Onion powder
    2 Tablespoons of Garlic powder
    2 Tablespoons of Morton's Hot Salt
    2 Tablespoons of Black pepper
    2 capfuls of liquid smoke
    1 shot of southern comfort

This should be enough to handle 3 pounds of meat. I thinkusing a ziploc bag is the easiest and makes clean-up a breeze. The real kicker here is Mortons hot salt, it has cayenne pepper and red pepper mixed in already, and tastes pretty damn good too!

Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mix 2 scoops of Raspberry Yogurt Protein Delite or other protein with
    4 strawberries
    15 blueberries
    16 ounces of nonfat milk
    1.2 cup of ice cubes.
    It is so good that you should serve it with a little umbrella in it!

For this recipe that you posted could u find out the nutrion stats for it?" Thanks!

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if someone made them for me, id eat them.
    corn syrup is bad.
    mmmmmmmm .

Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread should be stickied it not already. College students will find this thread VERY appealing.
    UPenn c/o 2007

HOT DAMN!!! Protien Bulking Desserts

Here are some great fast and not so fast recepies that i absolutely had to post. they are def. worth it, check it out!
    everything from protien apple pie to shakes!! Hot Damn!!! muscle building desserts for the bulking bodybuilder

Apple Pie Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add three tablespoon of apple pie filling, 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Crispy
    Hippie 1 cup of 2% milk. One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add 2 tablespoons non-fat french vanilla creamer, 1/4 cup low fat granola, 1 frozen banana (peel & wrap in plastic prior to freezing), 1 tablespoon of low-fat peanut butter, 2 tablespoons sugar-free Nestle's Quick. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.

Banana
    Split Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup chopped pineapple, two frozen strawberries, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Black &
    White Freezer 1 cup of 2% milk. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add 2 tablespoons non-fat french vanilla creamer, and 2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Double
    Chocolate
    Fudge Add 8 oz of Non-fat milk or water. One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add 1/2 packet of Swiss Miss fat-free hot cocoa mix and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Blueberry
    Blast Add 8 oz of Non-fat milk or water. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. 1/2 cup cup frozen or fresh blueberries and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds . For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Creamy
    Coconut Add 8 oz of pineapple juice. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. 1/2 tsp. coconut extract, 1 oz. shredded coconut, unsweetened and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds . For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Chocolate Peanut
    Butter Cup Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add one heaping tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe

Chocolate
    Mocha Mint Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add 1 tablespoon of General Foods International Coffees Swiss Mocha sugar-free, fat-free instant coffee, three drops of peppermint extract, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Chocolate
    Cover Cherry Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add three drops of cherry extract and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Cookies &
    Cream Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add two drops of peppermint extract and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. Then, add three low-fat chocolate wafers, blend at low speed for ten seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe

Cinnamon
    Roll Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. fat-free Butter Buds, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Egg Nog
    Delight Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice, 1 plan graham cracker (four small squares), and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Hunky
    Monkey 1 cup of 2% milk. One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add 1 frozen banana (peel & wrap in plastic prior to freezing), 1 tablespoon low-fat peanut butter, 3-4 chocolate wafers, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe

Frozen
    Orange
    Glace Add 8 oz. of orange juice. One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add one ripe banana, and four ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Jamoca
    Nut 1 cup of 2% milk. One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add 2 teaspoon of instant coffee,2 tablespoons of non-fat hazelnut creamer, 2 tablespoons sugar-free Nestle's Quik, and five ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Omega 3
    Supreme (this is a great drink for the joints) Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. Add one scoop of vanilla protein powder. One tablespoon of flaxseed oil , 1/3 oz. almonds, slivered, one teaspoons vanilla extract and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Orange
    Cremesicle 1 cup 2% milk, One scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add 2 tablespoons non-fat french vanilla creamer, 2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Peaches &
    Cream Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. Add one scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened peaches, two tablespoons of Fat-Free Cool Whip, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe

Peach
    Berry
    Cobbler 1 cup 2% milk, One scoop of chocolate protein powder. Add 2 tablespoons non-fat french vanilla creamer, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3-4 frozen strawberries, 4-5 slices frozen peaches, 2-3 low-fat vanilla wafer cookies, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Strawberry
    Banana
    Dream Add 8 oz. of Non-Fat milk or water. Add one scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add three frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Strawberry Shortcake 1 cup of 2% milk. Add one scoop of strawberry protein powder. Add 2 tablespoons non-fat french vanilla creamer. 3-4 frozen strawberries, 3-4 low fat vanilla wafers. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Tropical
    Passion Add 6 oz. Papaya juice with 2 oz. of water. Add one scoop of vanilla protein powder. Add 1/4 cup pineapple, 1/2 banana, and three ice cubes. Blend at high speed for 45 seconds. For Muscle gain - Double recipe.

Mighty Mocha Madness Add 1/2 cup nonfat frozen yogurt, 1/2 cup espresso coffee (prepared), 2-5 ice cubes, 2 scoops Chocolate Protein. Place ingredients in a blender. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency.

TIPS
    1. For a smoother shake, add ingredients to blender one at a time.
    2. Always add liquids first, powder second, and ice last.
    3. Add more liquid for a "thinner" shake and less for a "thicker" shake
    4. Add more ice for an ice-cream-like consistency and less ice for a milk-like consistency.
    5. Add more or less fruit or other ingredients to suit your taste.
    6. Don't forget to count the calories you are adding to each shake

Arrow

Anyone have anything that they wnat adddeD? if so, feel free to pm me and ill do my best to help out!!

We got a situation... Sabbra Cadabra's Avatar
    Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man great post here. Gonna try sum out 2moro, specially the bar ones, great for at college and that. Great post!

Am always trying to get new reciepes plus not having much $ to spend on food is a prob but got all these ingredients. Good job!
    log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127256023

Use MP76616 for 5% discount at myprotein.co.uk

great recepies for cutting and bulking

i figured id try adding some more. here you go!! cutting and bulking, generally low carb, they hav the carb value built in!!

Cottage Cheese Meatloaf

1 c cottage cheese
    1 egg lightly beaten
    1/4 c tomato paste
    2 T. chopped onion
    1 T Spicy Mustard
    1/2 C Oats
    1 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    1 lb lean ground beef or turkey or 1/2 beef 1/2 turkey
    1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
    Spices of your choice

In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef and mix well.
    Press into an ungreased 8 inch square baking pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until
    meat is no longer pink. Drain; let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

**I usually cook mine for around an hour. I think I use more than 1lb of meat-I just use a reg size pack. I also use a med sized onion, and various spices. You can really adjust the recipe to your tastes

Protein Bars 1
    Here's my favourite recipe for these:

7 scoops of Designer Protein (GNC)
    1/2 cup melted butter
    4 oz. cream cheese
    1/2 cup walnuts
    1/4 cup Splenda (or whatever amount you like according to your taste)

I have used chocolate, vanilla and strawberry protein powder.. With the strawberry I like to add a little unsweetened coconut.

Soft the butter and cream cheese together...and mix. Add in the protein powder, and Splenda....stir in your nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut or whatever else you're using. The batter will be pretty stiff. Spread a pan (I use a bread pan), press in mixture. If necessary spray your hands.

Chill in the frig and then cut into bars. I sometimes sort them individually frozen in a zip-loc bag, and then I can just grab one to take to work.

Play with these ingredients and I'm sure you'll come up with something you really like. Pretty simple...taste better than any of the bars I've tried...and a lot cheaper.

Homemade Low-Carb Chocolate Bars

These are quite rich and creamy chocolate bars that melt in your mouth. No glycerine or maltitol, not hidden carbs.

Ingredients:

1 square bakers unsweetened chocolate

3 tbsp whey protein

3 tbsp soy protein

1 tbsp psyllium husks

1 tbsp unsweetened coconut or almond meal

1 tbsp SugarTwin brown sugar

1 tbsp Splenda

5 drops Stevia

1/4 cup whipping cream

1 tbsp peanut butter

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp mint extract (optional)

1/4 cup crushed pecans (optional)

In a microwave-safe plastic dish, microwave the chocolate square for 1 minute on high. It should almost melted or half-way through. Add peanut butter on top and microwave for 1 minute on high. Add cream and microwave for 1.5 minutes on high (make sure the cream starts boiling, it has to be hot, or the bars will become powdery).

Sprinkle the psyllium husks first on the hot mixture, this helps solidify the bars. Add the rest of the ingredients on top. Use a hand mixer to mix the entire mixture until uniform. This will be a hard mixture and may get stuck inside the mixers, just sccop it up with a spoon.

Use a square none-stick plastic plate (I use the top of a ziplioc disposable cover), about 5x5 inches, but any non-stick surface should do. Spread the mixture on top of it, and press with the bottom of a spoon to make it evenly spread.

Freeze for an hour, and then place in the fridge until ready to use. I cut it into 4 bars.

Note: If you don't have all the above sweeteners, use any sweetener you have to taste. Mixing different sweeteners intensifies the sweetening effect, and requires a lesser amount of the sweetner.

Protein Bars 2

1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate
    2 Tbls. butter
    2 Tbls. heavy cream
    3 pkts Equal (I used Splenda)
    3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein)
    1 cup chopped peanuts (I used 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans)
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
    2 Tbls. Sugar Free Torani Syrup or maple syrup (or water, in a pinch...) --I used the maple syrup, as that, our market had!

Melt choc and butter in mike 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add Equal and heavy cream and stir til creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well, add syrup (or water), and mix thoroughly(you may have to knead with your handsat this point, as mixture will be very stiff). Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm. Cut into 6 bars. These were huge, so I made it into 9 bars.

Approx 5 carbs/15 grams protein per 1/6 recipe

Peanut Butter Protein Bars Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons no-sugar peanut butter
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/2 teaspoon liquid artificial sweetener
    1/4 cup Splenda
    1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey protein powder*

Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.) Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 4 bars. Approx 2 carbs per bar.

Note: It's best to use the "scoop" that comes with the package, but in case it's lost (or you use another brand), this is approx. 1/3 of a cup (I have made this measuring at 1/3 cup and it works fine!)
    Nutty Fudge Bars Ingredients:
    2 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
    1 oz square unsweetened chocolate
    1/2 cup butter
    4 oz cream cheese
    1 oz chopped walnuts
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon peanut butter
    1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave and mix together very well. Add splenda and vanilla, mix well again. Now add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder disolves into the mixture. Now place in a baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. (Using a rectangular casserole dish works great here.) When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 3.2 carbs per bar.

Fudge Walnut Bars
    Ingredients:
    2 1/3 cups chocolate protein powder
    1/2 cup butter
    4 oz cream cheese
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter and cream cheese. Mix in designer protein and Splenda. This will be stiff and hard to stir (knead with clean hands if needed.) Add walnuts and mix again. Place in greased bread pan. (Sprinkle additional finely chopped walnuts on top if you like.) Cool. Cut into 8 servings.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 2.5 carbs per bar.

Pineapple Bars Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups soy protein isolate
    3 Tablespoons whey protein
    1 cup Splenda
    1 1/2 Tablespoons liquid or granular lecithin *
    1 1/2 Tablespoons glycerin
    3/4 cup heavy cream
    3 Tablespoons coconut or almond oil
    1 Tablespoon sugarfree pineapple preserves
    OR - 2 Tablespoons finely chopped unsweetened fresh pineapple
    1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine soy, whey and Splenda in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse on high until a soft dough forms. Remove dough and knead by hand for twenty-ish strokes. Press into an 8x5-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into bars while still hot. Allow to cool and store in airtight container.

Makes 6 bars. Approx 3 carbs per bar.

* Lecithin - both granular and liquid can be found in most health food stores.

LEMON-BANANA-CRANBERRY BARS

3 scoops vanilla protein powder
    3 tsp baking powder
    8 tsp Splenda
    4 eggs
    1/4 cup of Flax Seed oil (or olive oil)
    1/4 cup water
    1 cup cranberries
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    2 tsp lemon extract
    2 tsp banana extract

Mix together dry ingredients.
    In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts & beat well.
    Add to dry ingredients to second mixture, combining well.
    Add water and cranberries. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix.
    Pour into pam-sprayed square cake pan.
    Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Sometimes may take longer to cook, depending on type of protein powder used.
    Cut into four squares. Each square has about 20 grams of protein, 4.13 grams of carbs.

FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS

2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
    1 oz square unsweetened chocolate
    1/2 cup butter
    4 oz cream cheese
    1 oz chopped almonds
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave.
    Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again.
    Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture.
    Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan, flatten and refrigerate.
    When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. (This will vary according to the protein powder you use, I use Optimum Nutrtion as I have found it to be the best and it has 22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but no aspartame.)

hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Nice post man. I would try them if some one would make them for me, im way to lazy. Im gunna rate this a 5!
    Make your own homeade weight gainer.
    lift heavy.
    do no cardio.
    eat when you are hungry.
    eat when you are bored.
    eat when you are tired.
    eat when you are full.
    eat when you wake up.
    eat before you go to bed.
    eat instead of talking.
    sleep at least 8 hrs a day.
    take a multivitamin.
    BE PATIENT, YOU WONT GET MASSIVE OVER NIGHT.

"Eat big to get big" - Uninspired

Resident Canadian master_no_name's Avatar
    master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    again, this should be a sicky. or should stay up for more adds from others. maybe sticky in nutrition forum?
    Negged by BPP!

i would definately have no problem with that, but i would have no idea how to go about that.... in fact, that would be amazing....but itll probably never happen.....

Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Halfroman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sticky this mods.

mikepower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i made one of the ones on the other post you made with just the protein bars on it. i stuck it in the fridge, and it isnt holding together atall lol. so today i stuck it in the oven for about 30 mins, and it still didnt go together lol, so its back in the fridge for a few hours, and if it doesnt stick, ill eat it as a cereal with milk

I tried to make one of your other bars today too, seems to be holding a little, but they are in the fridge right now.

perhaps i cant cook for **** lol

anyway, amazing thread, great idea and a big help to cash strapped teens.

BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Looks pretty good so far.
    Regards,
    BigSwole190

194lbs 5'10 and 7-9%bf, Step aside... :D

BigSwole: "Who needs to go to college to learn about nutrition, I get all the knowledge i need in the teen forum"

ocisems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice idea.