luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luke77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need help - trying to gain muscle

Hey guys,
    I'm not a bodybuilder but a runner, I average about 30 miles a week. Over the past year I cut calories and managed to lose about 20-25 lbs, but I lost a good deal of muscle too, even though I was lifting 3 days a week. I actually lost more than I wanted to (I'm way too skinny right now), and so I want to put on some muscle. Currently I'm alternating muscle groups, doing chest/tris one day, resting, and then shoulders/biceps the next (and then repeating). I don't work my legs because of the running (because I'm too tired to run if I do a leg workout and they're pretty strong anyways). I've read the stickys at the top about different routines, but none of them address what the best program is if you're also doing fairly heavy cardio 6 days a week. Oh yeah, I only have time to work out once a day, so I have to do my lifting right before cardio, I can't split it up. I know what I'm doing right now isn't working very well for building muscle, but I don't really know how to go about making a good routine. Can any of you guys who are more knowledgeable give me any suggestions? Also, I found that when I was losing weight, I was able to lift progressively less weight as I continued to lose (because I was losing some muscle as well as fat, I guess). So when I increase my calories to gain (assuming I'm getting enough protein), can I expect the reverse to happen, that I'll be able to lift more? I'm kind of afraid that I will increase my calories but for whatever reason (overtraining, etc, from running and lifting) I won't be able to lift more and all I will gain is fat. Obviously I'm inexperienced so any tips/suggestions are much appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.

Luke

dick-ya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go for a high protein diet along with your work out
    6'2" 205lbs COOKING MACHINE!!!!!

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ok you are my worest nightmare all i can say to you is eat like a mutha ****er if you want to gain cause if you are doing a **** load of running and you want to gain to you are going to have to take in more cals than you burn to gain muscle and doing cardio alot makes it hard, plus you do your cardio after your weights

thats all i have to say on the matter for the time being
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.